Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    If you took away opposition last minute goals and ones we have gifted the the other team, we'd be in the play offs...  ;)

But then if me auntie had bollocks... 

Don't know why we didn't start with Bonne?

Shotton was awesome. 
  • Options
    I think having Bonne, Talylor and Green all on the pitch at the same time looks good. 

Hemed on the bench isn’t an impact sub more a cover for injury

As I’d like to have 2 up front, I’d have to ask Green to play a bit deeper which needs a decent right back behind him, that pushes us to a 4 at the back.

the problem then is any serious width. Green can play ok at right mf, better more centrally. Williams can play ok as left mf but better centrally. 

Doughty and Lapslie can play better wider but are a bit young and can’t know enough yet to judge when to push and when to track back.

We don’t have a fully balanced side of proven championship level players and that may be the reason we go down.

aOr we chance it with a high press game with the youngsters from the start and then bring the older kegs on later. 

I’d roll the dice and give that a go. 
    Having Bonne Green Taylor on the pitch was great, just a shame Green was fucking dog shit when we went with a 3.

All Taylor and Bonne
  • Options
    Nice work between Purrington and Lapslie for their goal - set them up nicely.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The better team won but it was a contest between two poor sides that looked out of form. We had a good 10 minute spell at the beginning of the second half but Boro did a good job of strangling the game. We desperately needed another period of pressure but it never came.

Despite the scoreline and the fact that the only goal of the game was a silly mistake, I thought our attack was okish but the defence looked creaky. 

If Boro had taken some good chances, it could have been a drubbing, although we had off flashes of looking like scoring. I don’t think we lacked effort particularly but we lacked quality and belief aside from that 10 minute spell.
  • Options
    I seem to recall that Southall was offered Toney for £10m in January. Lot of money, but what if he'd scored in the last 3 matches and won us 3 or 4 points. Wonder what the revenue differential is between L1 and Championship, bet it makes £10m look quite small.
  • Options
    I seem to recall that Southall was offered Toney for £10m in January. Lot of money, but what if he'd scored in the last 3 matches and won us 3 or 4 points. Wonder what the revenue differential is between L1 and Championship, bet it makes £10m look quite small.
    Do ESI have any money?
  • Options
    Really bad performance first half, but need to stick with Bowyer and get behind the lads to stand any chance.

It was always going to be like this. He's had no money and a crack pot owner for half the season. Staying up was forecast by many in August as highly unlikely and the stuff of miracles. 

The new guys coming in seem to have created false expectations. 

Wednesday could also be in the mix if the EFL have the balls to deduct them points. 

They will decide on how many points to deduct at the end of the season thus allowing them to stay up.
  • Options
    Our best chance of staying up seems to be to be very nice and kind to afka all week. Apparently if he has a good week then we win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    70 % relegation ............ 30% stay up 

100% sober 

palace safe
    scum knocking on play off door
    our team , our club heading into oblivion 

Myself 100% broken 
    Text my dad last night after the Millwall result last night saying to bet on us to lose and Palace to win because we've clearly fucked off the footballing Gods. So sad how fucking predicable it's becoming atm. 
  • Options
    Most likely Charlton will be the final team to be relegated this season. Losing Leko, Field and Gallagher was a big loss. Don’t blame ESI for that.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    I got a feeling Bowyer has lost the players. Where has the effort gone? We have been poor at the back all season but at least we were decent going forward. 
    The effort's there but the adrenalin that got a team of league 1 players, bolstered by a premiership player in Gallagher, through until the injuries struck and the Premiership player left has dissipated.

The players are doing their best. Unfortunately that is unlikely to be enough. 21st will be a miracle Duchatelet and ESI have thrown the manager and players under a bus with the lack of resources deployed for the level we are at.

Dulwich Hamlet's midfielder played a good number of games in midfield for us in the Championship. Ireally don't need to say anymore than that.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Fucking embarrassing. Awful. Useless. Bowyer can do his usual "let's stick together" speech as much as he wants, but if you cant put out an 11 who look like they give a fuck, then what's the point? Afraid we're gone now. Will be a miracle if he turns this round.

Far to many passengers. WTF does green do all week to turn in that performance? So angry. We need to fuck off all these loan signings. Have had enough of it now. Not convinced anything is gonna get better under ESI, just royally pissed off tonight
  • Options
    Very disappointed with the game. We don't have an Injury crisis so no other options to really make the difference. Throws in's and corners were awful and at times it looked like borough had 12 players on the pitch. Going to Hull, just hope the beers are good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    When did Williams last start on the left? Has he ever played there for us?

And don't say today clever clogs. 
    His first match for us?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I know of one person who isnt getting a shred of the blame this evening yet fully deserves it!!

@Cantersaddick... didnt take his missus to the game and instead took someone who has an awful record of attending games at the Valley this season

Notice too he's kept very quiet tonight!! ;)
    I've been drinking. Drowning the sorrows. Avoiding the media social of Charlton. 

I have told her she's coming to every home game for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    cantersaddick said:I've been drinking. I have told her she's coming to every home game for the rest of the season.
    Look how brave he is with a few beers inside him !
    Come this morning he might still have a bit of beer bravery left as he believes shes been told and he’s put his foot down and he wears the trousers in this relationship .
    Cold light of day on Tuesday week he might be able to bluff her along to the game after work .
    2.5 weeks later a millwall home fixture will be the perfect excuse of i thought it wouldn’t be safe for her to come along as a cover story for her telling him to poke his shit football team and that she’s got a lot better things to do than hang around with him and watch that crap .
    Now wash your hands thoroughly and go back to bed.

:D 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I did come on here to make a couple of points though.

Firstly: where is Morgan ? Surely he is better than playing Lapslie and certainly a better option that Smith. Recall him from his loan spell & put him in the team. Then there is Aneke. Another player who seems to have disappeared. Are they players who have fallen out with Bowyer. If so, expect to see them being sold to Rotherham or Fleetwood next season only to be bought by a promotion chasing Championship side the following xmas (Like Fosu). 

Secondly. Anyone have any perspective on the various penalty shouts we had in the 2nd half. Did Taylor dive ? And what about the handballs ? Looked to me sitting in the East that the one near the end looked like a pen.

Thirdly. Taylor at corners. I wished he'd stop buggering about with their keeper & just do what 99.9% of other strikers do & stand on the penalty spot and try to head the ball into the goal. No idea who dreamt up his shenanigans but it isnt ever going to work and 9 times out of 10 the ref gives the foul against him. Much better doing what the real Matt Smith does & score at the back post.

Coaching badges. Not worth a light.
    Looking across the area from the west my immediate reaction wasn't "Penalty", but neither did I think it was a dive. The leaned into each other, tangled a bit and Lyle fell over. I understand why he would appeal, and I understand why the ref would say no. Booking was harsh IMHO.
  • Options
    Their player swiped his legs from under him, he had every right to go down and it should have been a penalty. The backing into a player one was ridiculous. He wasted his opportunity to actually get involved.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oshilaja: 4 one good pass all game, everything else was poor.

Sorry, this is nonsense. He defended pretty well - headers, blocks etc - and he put over a peach of a cross. There was one dreadful pass but you can't judge him on that alone
    No that cross was his one good pass. Keep comments to the post match views thread. Don't clutter this thread.
  • Options
    To say we have two L1 centre-halves playing at present would be flattering them.  If Sarr unfit, bring in Stevenson and PLAY UP THE PITCH!!!
  • Options
    Where is Solly  yes he has had a very bad game or two this season and on the down slope of his career, but is still better than the 4 defenders we had out there yesterday.