Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall: The Lies

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    third one .. hairdressers though, not fitness ((:>) ..

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/O4O2OePXT8uwk3LxkLbfbrbyq14/appointments
  • Options
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing, although I see all the signs now looking back. But I'm not ashamed to admit I did fall for most of it. 
    Sorry for the intrusion,  but I have to say this. My mate N'Golo Banté has queried your spelling, are you the real Eric Bantona?  Who is this Banterna fellow?

Is this another one of those Matt F@@kall bot-accounts?

I am gonna call Edwin Banta Sar to find out more.
  • Options
    This might have been asked and answered before .. and could probably only be done if Southall has been removed (nearly typed eliminated there) from any influence over administration matter

Whoever pays the bills for CAFC, stop payments to the landlords of the flat and the lease company for the R Rovers allocated to Sh***all and his cronies .. is it that simple ?
    This might have been asked and answered before .. and could probably only be done if Southall has been removed (nearly typed eliminated there) from any influence over administration matter

Whoever pays the bills for CAFC, stop payments to the landlords of the flat and the lease company for the R Rovers allocated to Sh***all and his cronies .. is it that simple ?

sorry .. quoted in error 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    They call him a fitness entrepreneur, any idea what businesses he's started?
    see the 1st entry on this page
  • Options
    Man Up gym wear.
    Also Matt Southall Media which was his photography business.

all seem to have failed and subsequently  been dissolved
  • Options
    I was surfing You Tube last night and came across an episode of Saint and Greavsie - top show in its day - and it was the first show of the 1988 season and the lead story was the takeover of Manchester United by Michael Knighton.

I remember thinking at the time, "How is this bloke nobody has ever heard of buying Man Utd?"

Within days the whole thing fell apart when it became clear he had no money at all - bit of an issue when you are trying to buy a club for 20 million quid.

Fast forward to 2019 and I thought the same thing about Southall, "How does a 32 year old football agent have the kind of money to be involved in this."

Bottom line folks, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

Best example of this was circa 2005 in the Excelsior Hotel in Hong Kong where I was approached by a stunning blonde in a skintight dress with an exotic accent who wanted to know if I would be at the hotel bar later in the evening.

Elated with this development I told my Hong Kong dwelling mate when he arrived at the hotel and he looked at me with pity in his eyes.

"She's a prostitute mate," he said, crushing my ego instantly.

Same deal here I am afraid.

• Options
    I was surfing You Tube last night and came across an episode of Saint and Greavsie - top show in its day - and it was the first show of the 1988 season and the lead story was the takeover of Manchester United by Michael Knighton.

I remember thinking at the time, "How is this bloke nobody has ever heard of buying Man Utd?"

Within days the whole thing fell apart when it became clear he had no money at all - bit of an issue when you are trying to buy a club for 20 million quid.

Fast forward to 2019 and I thought the same thing about Southall, "How does a 32 year old football agent have the kind of money to be involved in this."

Bottom line folks, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

Best example of this was circa 2005 in the Excelsior Hotel in Hong Kong where I was approached by a stunning blonde in a skintight dress with an exotic accent who wanted to know if I would be at the hotel bar later in the evening.

Elated with this development I told my Hong Kong dwelling mate when he arrived at the hotel and he looked at me with pity in his eyes.

"She's a prostitute mate," he said, crushing my ego instantly.

Same deal here I am afraid.

How much did you pay her?
  • Options
    Can’t take the credit for the below - I’ve copied and pasted it from another forum.

Apologies if you have seen this before. For me it gives a good insight into our previous chairman’s credentials. 

It states:

”In 2006 MS started working for Media Sport Investment Limited (MSI), infamous for the now banned practice of 'third-party' player ownership. MSI was led by Kia Joorabchian (also known as Kiavash), who fronted for several dubious Russian oligarchs and the company was part of several international investigations/scandals. These 2 links gives a pretty good idea about Kia Joorabchian / MSI (remember the name). 
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian & en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Sport_Investment

In 2010 MS allegedly started his own agency, though hard to find any credible info about this.

According to his LinkedIn profile, MS studied for an MBA between 2013 and 2017, at the University of Manchester. While it is possible, most students finish the course within 1,5-2 years. University of Manchester wouldn’t confirm/deny it on the phone if he graduated.

In 2014 he started a fitness-brand called Man Up Gymwear www.manupofficial.co.ukwww.manupacademy.co.ukwww.manupgymwear.com. In 2017 the site started pointing to www.luxactivewear.com, after numerous customer complaints still visible today on the Man Up Gymwear facebook page. All part of Man Up Retail Ltd beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09129729. Here is the first sign of his ties with the UAE (Alphabet Marketing fzc was a listed shareholder of Man Up Retail ltd).

Also in 2014, MS started Independent Sports Capital ltd which tried to crowfund a project that would use a loophole in the then banned practice of ‘third-party’ player ownership.

(article: www.insidermedia.com/news/north-west/107845-football-academy-hopes-score-250k-investment)beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08558563. Also involved in Independent Sports Capital were Adam Pearson (advisor) and Chris Farnell as (lawyer). IPS law, owned by Chris Farnell, went to court and sued MS for unpaid legal fees. In February 2019 MS lost the case and was ordered to pay IPS law 10k GBP, after which MS claimed that he didn’t have the funds because he was out of work.

In 2016 MS started Lifestyle Consultancy ltd, changed the name in 2017 to Southall Consultancy ltd and in 2018 to MSE Capital Group ltd. He also changed the address of the company to give a ‘better impression’. Taken from the website of the owners of said address: “The registered office is the official address for a limited company; the home of the business. The address you use says a lot about your operation. By using a residential address you could give the impression that your business is ‘small-time’ or ‘amateur’. With a registered office based in a renowned startup area you’re showing that you really mean business.”
    This is quite indicative.

In 2015 and 2016, MS also started 2 social media agencies: clickdigitalagency.com & thesocialinfluencer.co.uk. If you go to web.archive.org/web/20160917060825/https://www.thesocialinfluencer.co.uk/#whatwedo
    you can see that the company claimed to be active in the UAE, claiming “We know how important growth is to each of our clients. The Social Influencer shares this ambition and is a rapidly expanding Digital Media Agency with locations in the UK and the UAE.” The domain is to this day still registered by his wife.

In 2018 MS started HFCUK LTD, which stands for Hull Football Club, the rugby club owned by his former associate Adam Pearson. In February 2019, MS changed the name into Sports Investment Group ltd, this is 1,5 week before he was ordered to pay 10k back to IPS Law/Chris Farnell and where MS claimed to have no job. Remember that both Farnell and Pearson were involved with his crowdfunding project back in 2014.

In the last months of 2016, MS started Matthew Southall Media, where he sells himself as a photographer/videographer www.facebook.com/mediabyms/. He stopped posting right after he was lost the case against Chris Farnell and claimed to be out of a job. However he remained active until the summer of 2019, where he would shoot fitness models and sports cars, but also worked for some social media influencers. He charged 350 GBP / half a day shoot.

~ This all shows that the current Charlton Athletic FC chairman has a history of starting and failing small businesses, who claimed less than a year ago to be out of a job to pay 10k legal fees, and who was working till half a year ago as a photo-/videographer.”

End quote 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southall and Bassini, what a match!
  • Options
    Every time I hope I can forget this scumbag, back he comes into view. 
  • Options
    I can’t imagine they would get very far!  Two people absolutely despised in the game surely not a chance in hell
  • Options
    Wonder if he is still charging people £100 to read an email
  • Options
    Have we really not got to the point where everyone in the footballing world is wise to him?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Have we really not got to the point where everyone in the footballing world is wise to him?
    That will never happen, the people that run football are clueless and out of touch and there will always be a greedy chairman/owner ready to listen to them and others like them.

Football is rotten to the core, all these foreign owners and dodgy business men are not buying clubs because they love the game or the club, there is always another angle in it.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Stig said:
    Not sure their MO is to actually succeed tbh. Just get involved and entangled enough to qualify for some "f ck off" money, when a genuinely intended buyer comes in. 
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with that. But that FO money has to come from somewhere. Surely, anyone with any honest intentions, or who just doesn't want to risk getting ripped off, would do their checks before embarking on any deals with Southall and his ilk, and dismiss them straight away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Or paying 100 quid for a haircut!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Or paying 100 quid for a haircut!
    ........................when you have no hair  :D
  • Options
    Won't be Bassini, it's been taken over by some guy called Paul Richardson and ex footballer Maxi Lopez. However all of Richardson posts on insta about the takeover have been liked by Southalls missus so looks likely they are involved somehow. How does he manage to worm his way in with so many people?
  • Options
    Won't be Bassini, it's been taken over by some guy called Paul Richardson and ex footballer Maxi Lopez. However all of Richardson posts on insta about the takeover have been liked by Southalls missus so looks likely they are involved somehow. How does he manage to worm his way in with so many people?
    Range Rovers and bitches obviously open certain doors!
  • Options
    Confirmed that Matt Southall is going to be brought in as a CEO.

Absolutely astonishing