Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoke Free Pubs

Despite my body not speaking to me for having it large only three days after getting back from a stag weekend, I have found the smoke free pub situation quite nice. In two of the pubs I didn't really notice it wasn't there, but the third looked like the walls were going to fall in as if the smoke had kept them standing up for years.

Anyone else got an opinion of it all yet?

Comments

• Options
    Went to a pub yesterday, loved it being smoke free.
  • Options
    Pub gardens are much busier- after all it's not like the weather is drawing us there
  • Options
    Its fantastic. 5 days without a fag for me. Feel great for doing so
  • Options
    I think its great too. When I get home now my clothes dont smell.
  • Options
    not been in a pub since its kicked in to be honest - walked past the local.

have noticed the lack of people lighting up on station platforms etc though.
  • Options
    Congrats C/S.

So the joke telling has been your way of keeping your mind of the weed eh!
  • Options
    Is smoking banned on station platforms then as well? Even if they aren't enclosed?
  • Options
    only smoke when i drink.

anyone got any suggestions how i can have a fag tonight in the Dome? im at Justin Timberlake... dont take the pee im one of the oldest in my group - purely for perve factor.

meeting in one of the bars that are open - if any... but will i be allowed out of the main door for a fag?
  • Options
    TT
    edited July 2007
    I'm a non smoker but bizzarely i actually miss the smell of smoke in pubs... I hated stinking of smoke the following morning, but pubs arn't the same now, they feel sanitised like having a pint in a hospital.

Do you know what Curb it, I think JT is brilliant. Probably one of the few people i'd be interested in seeing in concert, much rather see him than any of the 'big' bands.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Congrats C/S.

Ah! Maybe that's why so many people have got the hump on here this week - Charlton Life ex-smokers therapy chat room...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Is smoking banned on station platforms then as well? Even if they aren't enclosed?

Dartford and Charing Cross is - they're the only ones ive noticed (and used). Even the open bits the station staff are hot on it (probably because their so busy and non smokers are crammed in with smokers).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Congrats C/S.

Thanks. Yeah, stand up comedy, caffeine and sugar free wrigleys seem to be working for me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Is smoking banned on station platforms then as well? Even if they aren't enclosed?

Dartford and Charing Cross is - they're the only ones ive noticed (and used). Even the open bits the station staff are hot on it (probably because their so busy and non smokers are crammed in with smokers).

All south eastern stations are smoke free.
  • Options
    Even the open-air platforms? Seems stoopid to me, I could understand if they were enclosed...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Even the open-air platforms? Seems stoopid to me, I could understand if they were enclosed...

Especially the platforms. I'm all in favour of it, keeps the stations cleaner.

I think the smoking ban is great. The only thing I would change is to allow Working Mens clubs to smoke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]only smoke when i drink.

anyone got any suggestions how i can have a fag tonight in the Dome? im at Justin Timberlake... dont take the pee im one of the oldest in my group - purely for perve factor.

meeting in one of the bars that are open - if any... but will i be allowed out of the main door for a fag?

Don't think they let you out of the arena once you're past the ticket barriers for a fag, you can smoke in the square outside the O2 though
  • Options
    Should do what they do in Spain.

Either somewhere is a smoking establishment or a non-smoking establishment.

Restaurants should be non-smoking, so should public transport. Not pubs, clubs or poxy train platforms!!
  • Options
    so rothko. im meeting in a bar - which i assume is the near the square so while in the bar i can hop in and out for a smoke but once i go through into the arena its a firm lock in till the end of the concert?

also what time do the bars shut? someone said the slug and lettuce is now open so im aiming to head there as not been yet so dont know whats what.

T... there are tickets still available...
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I had to wait at North Greenwich for about 40mins last night for the old bill to turn up, tons of totty going to see JT last night, maybe you should drop down there WestSide ;-)

As for smoking, I think tomorrow night is going to be an absolute nightmare, the wine bar I drink in has no back garden and the tiniest of pavements outside, really not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    why were you waiting for the police?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]As for smoking, I think tomorrow night is going to be an absolute nightmare, the wine bar I drink in has no back garden and the tiniest of pavements outside, really not looking forward to it.

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. Wine bars are sh*te. ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]why were you waiting for the police?

Some jobsworth asshole LU worker left a 'to be towed' notice on my car, so I wasted 40mins of my evening waiting for confirmation that I had parked totally legally and there was no threat of my car being towed away.
  • Options
    B, you can go in and out no problem from the bars and restaurants, its when you go through the ticket barriers for the concert that you are stuck then.
  • Options
    so i should forget about support acts and stay out as long as poss. what time did your start and finish last week?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]so rothko. im meeting in a bar - which i assume is the near the square so while in the bar i can hop in and out for a smoke but once i go through into the arena its a firm lock in till the end of the concert?

also what time do the bars shut? someone said the slug and lettuce is now open so im aiming to head there as not been yet so dont know whats what.

T... there are tickets still available...

As AFKA said, you can get out of the Entertainment Avenue at anytime, and pop out and smoke outside the Dome, once through the arena doors, you need the old will power to kick in.

Slug and Lettace opens to 11, as does the Inc Bar in there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Should do what they do in Spain.

Restaurants should be non-smoking, so should public transport. Not pubs, clubs or poxy train platforms!!

Pubs should be non smoking. Otherwise, where do non smokers go for a quiet drink without passive smoking someone elses cancer stick?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]so rothko. im meeting in a bar - which i assume is the near the square so while in the bar i can hop in and out for a smoke but once i go through into the arena its a firm lock in till the end of the concert?

Baldrick has a cunning plan - get one of those 5 litre bottles of water, empty it and then fill it with smoke. Anytime you fancy a puff just take a lug!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite] Pubs should be non smoking. Otherwise, where do non smokers go for a quiet drink without passive smoking someone elses cancer stick?

apart from working mens club tho eh?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]

Baldrick has a cunning plan - get one of those 5 litre bottles of water, empty it and then fill it with smoke. Anytime you fancy a puff just take a lug!

do you think it might cause a security alert? ill be okay - i dont thnk about it when im not allowed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Should do what they do in Spain.

Pubs should be non smoking. Otherwise, where do non smokers go for a quiet drink without passive smoking someone elses cancer stick?

apart from working mens club tho eh?!

Exactly. You have to be a member to go into a WMC, so you know what you're getting. Then the rest of us can enjoy the pub. Fair compromise???