Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoke Free Pubs

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    who wants a quiet pint. bit dull for a youngster.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]no problem but its not nice is it salad. i would never (unless past 10pm and pissed) eat food on a bus/train cos i think its unsocial.

What about chewing gum?

what about it?

mind you i think that might be more social due to some of the rancid breathed people you have to sit next to on the train ... bet people were saying that about me this morning

Does Chewing Gum count as eating and would you regard it as an unsociable habit?

i thought i answered it? sometimes someone chewing gum might be more preferable than sitting next tosomeone with halitosis.

and i think its all in the way you chew dont you think?

Definitely. The smacking of the chops, gum half out of the mouth approach is a bit nasty. Normal, chewing is fine though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who wants a quiet pint. bit dull for a youngster.

I don't get much of a choice I'm afraid. Most of my mates have an allergy to music and nightclubs.
  • Options
    blaming it on your mates now eh?

you sure you got any?

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]blaming it on your mates now eh?

you sure you got any?

:-)

Somewhere. Can't remember where I left them though ;-)
  • Options

I don't want to travel 45 minutes to have a quiet pint. Its inconvenient.

So, you made a choice not to travel, my choice has been taken away, if you don't see the problem in that then i give up.
  • Options
    You have the choice to go out for a cigarette or stay indoors and not smoke.

I will concede, after a lengthy debate on this, that you should be allowed to take your pint in the street with you whilst you have a cigarette.
  • Options
    fuk me this thread is gettin a bit boring nowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Chewing gum is worse to clear off seats, pavements and floors.

And there were pubs with no smokng areas everywhere. I don't believe that there wasn't one within ten minutes of you.

Once again, all the arguments put forward that it's a good thing are essentially bollocks and the whole thing is bullshit and un-called for. If anyone wants to stop smoking they can and don't need a dictatorship to make them.

Fat people cost the NHS an awful lot more than smokers do. So let's replace tobacco duty with a fat tax.

Fair?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    carter... the dictatorship are working on here and we've been sunk.
  • Options
    Seems like it B.
  • Options
    I was enjoying this debate .....

If its boring you then ignore it
  • Options
    Why do threads get sunk though, if people are interested in the topic, let the thread go on, it's clearly signed as a thread about Non Smoking pubs, so let people click if they want, and read on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Why do threads get sunk though, if people are interested in the topic, let the thread go on, it's clearly signed as a thread about Non Smoking pubs, so let people click if they want, and read on.

Precisely. This is worse than the smoking ban. Now we're being dictated to about what threads we can and can't read.
  • Options
    Chewing gum causes stomach ulcers, it's not an instant effect, the same way you didn't get lung cancer the first time you had a smoke.

The ban was brought in not because of the danger of smoking to the smoker, or because it was anti-social but to those working in a smokey environment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

The ban was brought in not because of the danger of smoking to the smoker, or because it was anti-social but to those working in a smokey environment.

Surely they can work somewhere else then, what about those that work in bars etc that smoke? Once again their choice has been removed.
  • Options
    sinking this thread has irritated me!

ive got loads of unread threads up on my first page - the title makes me instintively not open it so why cant people choose. sorry if its boring - for example when i read untold posts about WSS love life i think borrrrrring but i dont say it. it was hardly a thread about suicide bombers.

admin i think you've made a ricket on this one.
  • Options
    Afraid it's not just the UK, Stu.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/3758707.stm

You're a repressed minority now, you'll be able to collect all the benifits from that shortly.
  • Options
    So garages aren't smokey then? Diesel engines don't smoke then? 2 stroke powered tools such as jackhammers don't smoke? Angle grinders don't kick up dust, I could go on.

If I didn't like that I would do another job. If I didn't like cigarette smoke I would make a common sense decision to not work in a pub. Or is that too simple?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Can I nominate a thread I'm not interested in to be sunk?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]sorry if its boring - for example when i read untold posts about WSS love life i think borrrrrring but i dont say it.
    I think exactly the same B - blame Sco.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    when i go into a restaurant,i don't eat someone elses food and they don't eat mine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]when i go into a restaurant,i don't eat someone elses food.

I would hope not too. But the post was Smoking in pubs, not restaurants.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I would hope not too. But the post was Smoking in pubs, not restaurants.

someone,somewhere brought up the issue with banning fat people eating in public.
  • Options
    i don't go in pubs and drink other people's beer. ;-)
  • Options
    Granted there is an element of you know what your letting yourself in for when you work in a pub, but you don't have any choice in the matter do you?

The likes of builders, chimney sweeps, LU staff work with smoke and particles in the air as a by product of their job. A barmans job is to serve pints where there is no smoke or particles given off, him being subjected to smoke is therefor not necessary for him to perform his job properly. H&S exists in other places where people are working where there are lots of particles in the air - Garages, builders etc... why not a pub?

I've said before as a non smoker i don't mind people smoking in the pub, and can understand the annoyance especially when it's cold to have to pop out for a fag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I would hope not too. But the post was Smoking in pubs, not restaurants.

someone,somewhere brought up the issue with banning fat people eating in public.

Yes, that would have been me.
  • Options
    UNSINK THIS FCUKING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat people in public and smokers are 2 completely different things. Bad analogy really.
  • Options

Fat people in public and smokers are 2 completely different things. Bad analogy really.

Yeah, smokers pay for the NHS, fat people just benefit from our smoking.

;-)