Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Matthews, Cullen, Field, Doughty 
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

Amos, Pearce, Oshilaja, Lapslie, Oztumer, Davidson, Hemed.

Plenty of battle and endeavour there but won’t be enough IMO.  
    Aneke?
    Not a fan, would be nice for him for a chance to prove himself but that isn’t now IMO.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    9 subs remember 
    Eh?
    9 subs can be named, and maximum 5 can be used for remainder of the season. 
    Wow hadn't seen this... That'll make games feel completely different. You could almost play a completely attacking side one half then an all out defensive side second half. 

Some may say an unfair advantage over the previous 37 games
    Not sure if it’ll be the same over here but in Germany they have added rules around substitutes too.
    Such as, you can only make subs 3 times in a game. So you cannot make 5 single subs meaning 5 stoppages in play. You’d have to make a couple of double substitutions.
    I thought it was a FIFA / UEFA ruling.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    9 subs remember 
    Eh?
    Wow hadn't seen this... That'll make games feel completely different. You could almost play a completely attacking side one half then an all out defensive side second half. 

Not sure if it’ll be the same over here but in Germany they have added rules around substitutes too.
    Such as, you can only make subs 3 times in a game. So you cannot make 5 single subs meaning 5 stoppages in play. You’d have to make a couple of double substitutions.
    Thats good to know, I was under the assumption that the game could effectively be stopped ten times
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    9 subs remember 
    Eh?

Thats good to know, I was under the assumption that the game could effectively be stopped ten times
    Although subs at HT don't count towards that, I only realised that the other day, I noticed Dortmubd made 2 subs at HT then a further 3 periods were they made 1 sub, I thought but thats 4 groups of subs then and its only 3.

So I checked the fifa rulling and its 3 stoppages in the game, so you can make subs at HT then stop the game a further 3 times for the other subs
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

Aneke?
    Not a fan, would be nice for him for a chance to prove himself but that isn’t now IMO.
    Fair enough. I'd have him over Davison every time personally.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I have a hunch that the season will restart this month but still not end due to something covid related. On that basis, it looks vital that we get an early win to move us out of the bottom 3, above the trap door ASAP. I think the lads will miss the home support which could well impact on our potential home points total. Hopefully, the first fixture is Hull away (as would have been the case had lockdown not occurred) which I fancy us to win, giving us a massive morale boost and climb into the ‘safe zone’. It’ll probably be Leeds away though, knowing our bloody luck this year!

Ultimately, I am hoping that things get under way again so we have a chance to save ourselves. That still seems unclear with, allegedly, several teams like QPR strongly opposing the EFL decision to restart on 20th June.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

Purrington, Page, Aneke, Forster-Caskey will all have a say too
    And McGeady and Smith. Easily forgotten, but we will need all the squad to cover the 9 games in a short period. I really hope Albie Morgan gets a chance too
  • Options
    That has to be the plan really. Win against Hull and then send the players on a daytrip to somewhere where half of them can get Covid. Then just expose another player at a time to that original group when the quarantine period is coming to and end and keep that chain going until time runs out and Hull are relegated. I assume that's what Bowyer's preparations for the restart article on the OS says, I haven't read it

I take it you were joking, but there is nothing funny in wishing Covid on anyone.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

Aneke?
    Fair enough. I'd have him over Davison every time personally.
    Davison scared the hell out of defences with his physical play. 

I'd want both in the squad.
  • Options
    That has to be the plan really. Win against Hull and then send the players on a daytrip to somewhere where half of them can get Covid. Then just expose another player at a time to that original group when the quarantine period is coming to and end and keep that chain going until time runs out and Hull are relegated. I assume that's what Bowyer's preparations for the restart article on the OS says, I haven't read it

I take it you were joking, but there is nothing funny in wishing Covid on anyone.
    Not even rapists and murderers in prison?
  • Options
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

And McGeady and Smith. Easily forgotten, but we will need all the squad to cover the 9 games in a short period. I really hope Albie Morgan gets a chance too
    If McGeady and Smith end up influencing our survival it will be a miracle. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

McGeady was Sunderland's player of the year last season, scoring 11 goals. Yes there are issues with him, but IF fit and motivated he's more likely to provide a goal threat that the likes of Williams and Cullen.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

McGeady was Sunderland's player of the year last season, scoring 11 goals. Yes there are issues with him, but IF fit and motivated he's more likely to provide a goal threat that the likes of Williams and Cullen.
    But Cullen is more likely to offer the box to box engine roomer we need. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

I hope you're right, just can't forget how bad he was in the few games he featured. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Phillips 
    Pratley, Lockyer, Sarr
    Green, Williams
    Bonne

Yeah I'm really hoping that this break is almost a chance for him to rejuvinate into the player we all know he can be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Pleased to see that Barnsley are threatening legal action unless the Derby and Sheffield Wednesday points deductions are not imposed before the relegation issues are finalised.
    What kind of deduction would they get?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redrobo said:
    Pleased to see that Barnsley are threatening legal action unless the Derby and Sheffield Wednesday points deductions are not imposed before the relegation issues are finalised.
    "Wednesday have been locked in a dispute with the EFL since last November after they were charged with breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules and a date has now been set in July for their fight to go before an independent disciplinary commission."

July? What a total cop out.

By the time any decision is made, it will be said that it's too late to affect this season.

Or is that the plan all along?

Depends on the date even playing two games a week the ‘regular’ season would finish weekend of 18th July....yes I have provisionally put all the fixtures in my diary. 
    Five Saturdays away and 4 home midweek if they run in order they were due to. 
    Interestingly if they do our first two games would be against the two teams who have been most vocal against the season restarting. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redrobo said:
    "Wednesday have been locked in a dispute with the EFL since last November after they were charged with breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules and a date has now been set in July for their fight to go before an independent disciplinary commission."

July? What a total cop out.

By the time any decision is made, it will be said that it's too late to affect this season.

Or is that the plan all along?

And the July date us just when the Independent panel sits. They might take a  few weeks before they give their decision & then SW have time to appeal.  

Wont be done this season I assure you. 
  • Options

What now and how many cases like this are we going to see...