Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

If you're told you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus:

• stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person – it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
    • do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
    • do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care
    • try to avoid contact with anyone you live with as much as possible
    • people you live with do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms
    So the Preston squad should from today be self isolating for up to 21 days.

They should be self isolating for minimum 14 days which brings us to 16th June, 4 days before the first game back
  • Options
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

• stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person – it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
    • do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
    • do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care

They should be self isolating for minimum 14 days which brings us to 16th June, 4 days before the first game back
    There first game will have to be postponed like Dynamo Dresden.

• Options

There first game will have to be postponed like Dynamo Dresden.

So they get 1 week training? I thought it was 3 days between games as it is, where are they going to find the time to fit another one in?
  • Options

I thought I read on here that players would isolate for 7 days......not 14 
  • Options
    Preston's first game is at Luton, potentially good news for Luton  :/
  • Options
    Dunno about that, it's another match they'll have to squeeze in before the finish date.
    All final matches will have to be played at the same time and date.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dunno about that, it's another match they'll have to squeeze in before the finish date.
    All final matches will have to be played at the same time and date.

Does anybody know when Leeds tickets go on sale?
    Mine came this morning.
  • Options
    Was looking forward to ticking off Elland Road

Wasn't looking forward to the rip off price though, so will save quite a bit of money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You might be right, I was just looking at the general NHS guidance although I’m not sure why it would be different for footballers, maybe it is though
  • Options
    edited June 2020

You might be right, I was just looking at the general NHS guidance although I’m not sure why it would be different for footballers, maybe it is though
    It is 7 days if you are positive, 14 days for your family or those who live with you.

So players would be 7 days.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

It is 7 days if you are positive, 14 days for your family or those who live with you.

This correct, but under the new Track and Trace guidance, people the positive person has been near for 15 mins could be asked to socially isolate for up to 14 days.

I assume this would include all team mates the player trained with. Oh no, silly me footballers are expendable. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52896129

So Premier League teams have been given permission to play friendlies...

Clubs cannot travel further than 90-mins although Newcastle will be allowed, nor will officials be taking charge, games will be refereed by the coaching staff

Guess that 90min rule will limit us to: Watford | Crystal Palace | Chelsea | Arsenal | Spurs | West Ham | Brighton (Maybe?)

Championship clubs have been asked to play friendlies yet the EFL will make a decision later in the week

So makes it a bit ridiculous, really dont understand why we dont just get it all done

Start the Premier League / Championship at the same time and get it all over with, instead various Leagues are pissing about
  • Options
    If we're playing 2 friendlies, one from League 1 and one from the premier League, the furthest we can travel is a radius that encompasses Brighton, Reading, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Colchester and obviously the whole of London and Kent. Ipswich, Portsmouth and Oxford are reachable if they bend the rules by 10-15 minutes or speed along the motorway. 

So for the PL games it'll be one from FA's list above and the League 1 fixture can be Gillingham, Wimbledon, Southend, Milton Keynes, Wycombe or at a push Oxford, Ipswich, Portsmouth
  • Options
    Most League One clubs are not even in training.
    Serious doubts if the season will be completed at that level and won't be decided either way until Monday.
  • Options
    My uneducated guess would be Brighton and Oxford, probably a test of a side equal to the top of the championship and a side equal to the bottom teams in the championship, and within 90 mins at a push
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    My uneducated guess would be Brighton and Oxford, probably a test of a side equal to the top of the championship and a side equal to the bottom teams in the championship, and within 90 mins at a push
    Our 5 Range Rovers will do that no problem. Are they all back?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Yeah as said above though, the track and trace guidance says 14 days for everyone you've been around. But it's going to be different rules for footballers isn't it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020

As throughout the pandemic, the infected person: 7 days. 
    Anyone they’ve been in contact with: 14 days. 
  • Options
    Spurs have had a positive test
    Person will self isolate for 7 days now
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52911994

1 positive test out of 1197 players and staff (the Spurs one)
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52914066

Nine positive tests at six Championship clubs. 
  • Options
    This is not a negative or positive. General thought... with some of these players coming back positive, you have to wonder who they are contact with and how are they being infected. This is footballers and the sat being tested.. How many people out there carying out. No-one will never know.
  • Options
    This is going to be this issue with the English return I feel, German authorities have done well, but we always fail at stuff like this, look how badly we have controlled the whole lockdown with people still going to beaches and stuff

• Options
    Premier league is doing quite well with the testing.

There have now been five rounds of testing and the total number of positive results is 13 from 5,079 tests. Not even 0.3%.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Amazon Prime will make its four Premier League games free to air when the season restarts.

Fans will not need a Prime membership to watch fixtures on the online streaming service when the top-flight campaign resumes from 17 June.

Every one of the remaining 92 Premier League games will be broadcast live across Sky Sports, BT Sport, BBC Sport or Amazon Prime.

In total, 33 of those matches will be free to air.

Sky Sports will make 25 of the remaining top-flight matches free to air, including the Merseyside derby on the first weekend after the resumption - 19-21 June.

• Options
    The BBC have been given the 9th or 10th choice for their games, the first being Bournemouth v Palace
  • Options
    Just been confirmed that the Premier League will allow nine subs in the match day squad and five subs can be used in a match but only change then three times during a game, which means more than one sub at a time on two occasions