Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Meant to be playing Nigels at Selhurst in a friendly according to Matt law at the Telegraph.
    Fair enough

I'll be interested who we play in our home friendly, seeing that I'm not sure any of the L1 and L2 teams are training?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Meant to be playing Nigels at Selhurst in a friendly according to Matt law at the Telegraph.
    Fair enough

I'll be interested who we play in our home friendly, seeing that I'm not sure any of the L1 and L2 teams are training?
    League 1 teams in the okay offs are, as they are being tested still

Or it may have been league 2 I cant remember, but one of the leagues where definitely testing the play off teams
  • Options
    Albie looks like he has been hitting the gym, looks very lean. hopiong he gets game time, think he is a great prospect.
    Yes he looks a LOT leaner than before:disappointed:

All the players look in good shape to be fair, can you imagine what the players of the 70s and 80s would have looked like after 2 months at home  :D
     Yes.
    Sir Matt Tees would still have weighed about 10 stone soaking wet and won every header that mattered.
  • Options
    I hear its part of the deal that Taylor signed with them....😁
  • Options

Happy with that. I haven't got BT sport this year & pleased I'm not missing any really decent games. Maybe Chelsea v Man City, but apart from that everything else is either on Sky, Amazon or BBC
  • Options
    Its great that so many games dont clash - Really is going to be a replacement for the Euros not being on

Any Charlton game will naturally take priority
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Happy with that. I haven't got BT sport this year & pleased I'm not missing any really decent games. Maybe Chelsea v Man City, but apart from that everything else is either on Sky, Amazon or BBC
    And for "Skyless" people, a number of Sky games are on their terrestrial channel Pick
  • Options
    The BBC must be happy with the first two fixtures they have after creaming themselves about having the first free to air games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its great that so many games dont clash - Really is going to be a replacement for the Euros not being on

Replacement for the euros!?
    Really?
    Most of the games are meaningless, and played in empty stadiums. It will be mostly boring shit.
  • Options

Really?
    Most of the games are meaningless, and played in empty stadiums. It will be mostly boring shit.

Happy days are here again.
  • Options

Really?
    So yeah... Just like the Euros
  • Options

Really?
    Premier League yeah but the championship should be entertaining. Anyone know when we get the fixtures?
  • Options

Really?
    Premier League yeah but the championship should be entertaining. Anyone know when we get the fixtures?
    I think SKY are sorted out which games they're going to show and then we'll find out the rest
  • Options

When did 8.15pm become a new kick off time?

I know there are no away fans needing to travel back home so it doesn't really matter, just wondering what was wrong with 7.45 or 8pm?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52957647

Two individuals from two clubs prove positive from 1,179 tests in latest round. 
  • Options

Lets hope it wasnt one of our players as we could have passed it on to Arsenal yesterday as well 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lets hope it wasnt one of our players as we could have passed it on to Arsenal yesterday as well 
    Standard is saying its a Barnsley and Exeter player
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    The first game kicks of at 6pm, allowing 2 hours that gives us time to go to the toilet and restock the beers before the next game kicks off at 8-15.
    You need the extra half hour time buffer for the VAR reviews!
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Standard is saying its a Barnsley and Exeter player
    Its 2 players at 2 Championship clubs and 1 player at a League 2 clubs

The link has been updated to include Barnsley and Exeters confirmation, but still one player/staff member at a Championship club yet to confirm
  • Options
    Apologies for not reading the previous 67 pages if this is covered.

Couldn't our game against Hull be a relegation Play Off Final?

We win that game, move out the bottom 3, 2nd wave, season gets cancelled, vote to promote / relegate goes through.

Hope that players realise this...

• Options
    reserves said:
    Apologies for not reading the previous 67 pages if this is covered.

Couldn't our game against Hull be a relegation Play Off Final?

We win that game, move out the bottom 3, 2nd wave, season gets cancelled, vote to promote / relegate goes through.

Hope that players realise this...

Yes in theory, but a 2nd wave isn't going to hit in 12 days time.
  • Options
    Transfer window in Italy confirmed as - Sep 1st to Oct 5th

Not guaranteed but you’d expect other leagues to have the same dates where practical to do so.
  • Options
    Transfer window in Italy confirmed as - Sep 1st to Oct 5th

Not guaranteed but you’d expect other leagues to have the same dates where practical to do so.
    Yes, I saw somewhere that it might be from 10th August to beginning of October here. Around 7 weeks, about right really.
  • Options

At an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday 9 June, EFL Clubs voted on proposals in respect of changes to EFL Regulations in the event season 2019/20 is curtailed.

Proposals were submitted by Barnsley and Tranmere Rovers alongside amendments to an EFL Board proposal which were put forward by Lincoln City, Stevenage and Ipswich Town.

Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all Clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Board’s proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.

1. Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
    2. Promotion and relegation should be retained.
    3. Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams). 

Clubs in Leagues One and Two will now meet by division later today to formally determine whether to resume playing the 2019/20 season or opt for curtailment. The Championship Clubs restart their season on 20 June.

• Options
    Looks like the EFL have voted that unweighted PPG will be used if none of its three Divisions can be completed

Which of course is already the case for League Two

Peterborough are gonna be happy if League One dont resume thats for sure