Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    If these players get to be tested every few days , the government better have them tests available to the rest of the country.
    I don't get this argument... These are private companies willing to pay well over the top for testing
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    clb74 said:
    If these players get to be tested every few days , the government better have them tests available to the rest of the country.
    I don't get this argument... These are private companies willing to pay well over the top for testing
    Fair enough how will football overcome the 2 metre distancing rule
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    clb74 said:
    Also
    Will I have the option of buying these tests?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    So let me get this right.
    There's talk the premiership could return in weeks.
    In the meantime we've still got nearly two weeks left of the lockdown and we don't know there will be an extension to the lockdown.
    We don't know when we will be able to see family and friends, return to work or get back to some sort of reality but football might return in a month.
    If football returns it will then be a free for all.

Yup
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    No surprise Pompey want to continue, not in top two but have a real chance of promotion still. 
  • Options
    Personally I'd end it now, with the obvious hurt to certain clubs, then start again in September if possible. 
  • Options
    A stat I didn't want to see again...

I like their seats
  • Options
    Personally I'd end it now, with the obvious hurt to certain clubs, then start again in September if possible. 
    Be no hurt from  me, id be celebrating the Scousers not winning the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    clb74 said:
    Tell everyone to mark their man like Naby Sarr?

Joke, calm down :smile:
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    A stat I didn't want to see again...

I like their seats

Shame about big nose fish face ruining the view.  At least he managed to avoid relegation for once
  • Options
    Within the non league game I’ve heard from various people that no crowds will be allowed to attend until January 2021. Non-starter for the Non league to start again in August. 

It does very much sound like we have all seen our last live football match for the calendar year. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I want to go to the Valley have a beer and watch us again, but at the moment I can’t see that happening this side of October/November

I think it'll be much longer than that. The very last things to be 'back to normal' will be where there are large crowds in close proximity. Football and other sports, gigs etc, it won't be this year sadly.
    So let’s say December then. Just finish this season and play the two cup competitions. Job done.
    Pretty sure this season will be written off. There’s precedent already (Dutch football) and a perfectly good excuse (covid). Making a bodge of finishing this season at the end of the year could easily screw up next season as well. It’d be much easier for the administrators to start planning for next season ASAP, with worrying about somehow squeezing in this season first. 
    And if it means we don’t get relegated, so be it :-)
    I went on a management course a couple of years back and they did some video about people following each other dancing and who was the most influential in the chain of events. It wasn’t the person who started dancing, it was the person who followed him. As soon as the second country declares their season null and void, the rest will follow.
    Could use that for restarting the season though... If one more country follows Germany in restarting then you'll probably just get the rest demanding the right to continue play
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I want to go to the Valley have a beer and watch us again, but at the moment I can’t see that happening this side of October/November

I think it'll be much longer than that. The very last things to be 'back to normal' will be where there are large crowds in close proximity. Football and other sports, gigs etc, it won't be this year sadly.
    So let’s say December then. Just finish this season and play the two cup competitions. Job done.
    Pretty sure this season will be written off. There’s precedent already (Dutch football) and a perfectly good excuse (covid). Making a bodge of finishing this season at the end of the year could easily screw up next season as well. It’d be much easier for the administrators to start planning for next season ASAP, with worrying about somehow squeezing in this season first. 
    I went on a management course a couple of years back and they did some video about people following each other dancing and who was the most influential in the chain of events. It wasn’t the person who started dancing, it was the person who followed him. As soon as the second country declares their season null and void, the rest will follow.
    Could use that for restarting the season though... If one more country follows Germany in restarting then you'll probably just get the rest demanding the right to continue play
    And if one or two other european countries do a dutch it will put pressure on us to finish the season
  • Options
    Managers and subs sitting in dig outs close together when the rest of the nation are self distancing. People will say well klopp does it and disregard the rules. 

i hope some clubs have the balls to refuse to play although they are probably scared of the threat of efl action 

Top two up from each league, no relegation with 4 down for two seasons to even out. Job done
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    clb74 said:
    Be no hurt from  me, id be celebrating the Scousers not winning the league.
    They will win the league. And we won’t fluke our way out of relegation.

They will finish the season - behind closed doors. As they should. But when it’s safe to do so.

if that means next season is altered so be it 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    See there's still no resolution for the 30th June contract expiry. Especially on the EFL it'll be chaos 
  • Options
    There is a school of thought about life going on. We cant not just re-start people going back to work (be it a scaffolder or a footballer) just because people have died. Not saying its right, but the masses need something to focus on & to get back to normality. I hear today that the lockdown has started to crumble & there are more people out & about today. It won't take long for things to start getting rough if people are "locked up" for much longer.

I hear that the WHO are saying that it is very likely that anyone who has had Covid-19 might not be immune & could catch it again. If that is the case then things might as well start getting back to normal. 
  • Options
    30th June are when contracts expire - no current solution to this and nothing legally binding even if so

EFL say the season can be completed within 56 days. This means 30th June minus 56 means the league must restart no later than 5th May.

Then Lee Bowyer says the players need 4 weeks to prepare for a restart. So take 28 days away from 5th May and we're at 7th April which is 18 days ago.

Even if all teams go straight in with no preparation that's still 5th May the latest it can start for a 30th June finish. This is 10 days away...roughly in line with the next lockdown update from the government.

So my guess is if the lockdown is extended which looks likely you can pretty much kiss goodbye any hope of the season ending by 30th June.
  • Options
    There is a school of thought about life going on. We cant not just re-start people going back to work (be it a scaffolder or a footballer) just because people have died. Not saying its right, but the masses need something to focus on & to get back to normality. I hear today that the lockdown has started to crumble & there are more people out & about today. It won't take long for things to start getting rough if people are "locked up" for much longer.

I hear that the WHO are saying that it is very likely that anyone who has had Covid-19 might not be immune & could catch it again. If that is the case then things might as well start getting back to normal. 
    The word very was not used. The words ‘may be possible’ we’re used. Big difference. Are you saying that on that basis, we should all go out and catch it?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8z7f7a2Pk
    Excellent. Video. And drugs.
  • Options

I think it might be like needing a flu jab every year.
    Less likely that if you've had it now, you'll get it again before a vaccine is ready.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    where’s that dancing pardew gif when you need it 

Here you go Neil, big nosed c**t (not you of course mate) 😉.
    Oi, I can sniff out that kind of comment from several yards away. People are having to cross the street to keep 6ft away from my conk mate. 
  • Options
    30th June are when contracts expire - no current solution to this and nothing legally binding even if so

EFL say the season can be completed within 56 days. This means 30th June minus 56 means the league must restart no later than 5th May.

Then Lee Bowyer says the players need 4 weeks to prepare for a restart. So take 28 days away from 5th May and we're at 7th April which is 18 days ago.

Even if all teams go straight in with no preparation that's still 5th May the latest it can start for a 30th June finish. This is 10 days away...roughly in line with the next lockdown update from the government.

So my guess is if the lockdown is extended which looks likely you can pretty much kiss goodbye any hope of the season ending by 30th June.
    If it were to start again in the near future, we would still have 12  players out injured, no doubt.

CAFC 🙄
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    clb74 said:
    Most of our players usually distance themselves 3 metres away from the the nearest opposition player so we will be fine.  The only one who would  have a problem is Pearce..... just doesn’t play him - this will increase our chances of winning as well. 

You distance yourself from the bar when it is your round.