Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    sam3110 said:
    Don’t think football contact is more likely to spread the virus, I thought it mostly travelled around through the air in moisture droplets. Unless you have players gibbing at each other, close proximity to exhaled moisture is pretty rare. 
    22 men running around a field together for 90 minutes, constantly gobbing, breathing heavily, shouting, jostling in the box, and you don't think it'll travel between them?! There's a 2m limit for a reason, gyms will be one of the last places to open for a reason, they tell people to wear face masks if social distancing isn't possible for a reason!
    So explain why the players in the Bundesliga aren't testing positive left, right and centre. 
    Because of the protcols put in place to help the Bundesliga restart.

Thats why Sancho and Akanji were fined they had Haircuts were neither the play nor the hairdresser were wearing PPE and risked catching the virus which could have  messed everything up for them.

The DFL have been brilliant they set strict guidelines and its clearly worked
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Don’t think football contact is more likely to spread the virus, I thought it mostly travelled around through the air in moisture droplets. Unless you have players gibbing at each other, close proximity to exhaled moisture is pretty rare. 
    22 men running around a field together for 90 minutes, constantly gobbing, breathing heavily, shouting, jostling in the box, and you don't think it'll travel between them?! There's a 2m limit for a reason, gyms will be one of the last places to open for a reason, they tell people to wear face masks if social distancing isn't possible for a reason!
    So explain why the players in the Bundesliga aren't testing positive left, right and centre. 

Thats why Sancho and Akanji were fined they had Haircuts were neither the play nor the hairdresser were wearing PPE and risked catching the virus which could have  messed everything up for them.

So, are the protocols different here then? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Well we dont know how the Norwich player caught it.

We also dont know if he passed it on to other Norwich players in training or Tottenham players during the game.

What we do know is since the restart other than the Dresden incident there have been no issues in Germany despite regular testing, so no player has caught it and had to worry about having passed it on during a previous game, it hasn't happened so they are doing something right.

If I was a Tottenham player I would say I am not returning until we all get re tested at they come back negative 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Well we dont know how the Norwich player caught it.

We also dont know if he passed it on to other Norwich players in training or Tottenham players during the game.

What we do know is since the restart other than the Dresden incident there have been no issues in Germany despite regular testing, so no player has caught it and had to worry about having passed it on during a previous game, it hasn't happened so they are doing something right.

If I was a Tottenham player I would say I am not returning until we all get re tested at they come back negative 
    Surely it's no different to when the Germans were preparing to restart. There were positive tests.
    All that you can do is keep retesting players in the build-up to the restart and throughout the remainder of the season. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    TGermany was at a completely different part of the curve when football restarted is the most likely reason. It means that when players go to the grocery store, or when their partners go to the grocery store, or when the tea lady goes down the shops, there are fewer people they risk getting infected from. 

If there was a genuine concern about player and staff safety, they would quarantine the teams together but separate from one another. It would increase the risk of spread within a team, but reduce the risk of contracting the virus from the outside world. 

It's very easy to see this getting shut down again once it starts. Hull has to be considered a must-win. No three at the back with Cullen and Pratley in midfield. We've seen that team, time and again, and it's too negative and lacks creativity in midfield. 4-2-3-1 Williams, McGeady, Green as the three. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53036195

Spurs confirmed they have no positive tests and said the Canaries player had "no close contacts" with their team.

A Spurs statement on Saturday said the club was following the government's definition of "close contact" as being within two metres of a confirmed case for 15 minutes or more.

What is with the 15 minutes or more rubbish, its a virus how is there a time limit.

So can u see your parents and hug them for 10 minutes, why did the government not say that before
  • Options
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53036195

Spurs confirmed they have no positive tests and said the Canaries player had "no close contacts" with their team.

A Spurs statement on Saturday said the club was following the government's definition of "close contact" as being within two metres of a confirmed case for 15 minutes or more.

What is with the 15 minutes or more rubbish, its a virus how is there a time limit.

So can u see your parents and hug them for 10 minutes, why did the government not say that before
    Its basically all bollox. No-one really knows so scientist make up numbers. There is a much greater probability that you will catch Covid-19 if you are in close proximity for 15 minutes to someone with it. They might cough after 10 secs......they might not cough at all. 

Same with the 2 metre rule. Do you think a virus know what 2 metres is....? Again, it's a study they've done saying that droplets from a cough or sneeze isn't likely to travel more  than 2 metres. Its not an exact science. That's why I don't get too bothered with it all
  • Options
    Spurs friendly against Reading on Saturday has been called off due to circumstance outside if their control that lie with the Championship Club apparently.

Sounds Covid related to me

Although looking back now Spurs cancelled a friendly on Saturday with Reading and ended up facing  Norwich who also had a played with Covid19
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    clive said:
    A bit weird .......I wonder why ?  Is it because there are no fans attending then it doesnt matter what time they kick-off........or that the youngest members of the team like Morgan & Dougherty need to be home before bed time in the case of the Brentford match. In both cases it cant be to do with travelling & staying over.
  • Options
    clive said:
    A bit weird .......I wonder why ?  Is it because there are no fans attending then it doesnt matter what time they kick-off........or that the youngest members of the team like Morgan & Dougherty need to be home before bed time in the case of the Brentford match. In both cases it cant be to do with travelling & staying over.
    Guess the whole pre-match / post-match preparations will change

It wont effect the Reading game too much as its local but guess it gives more recovery time ahead of the Birmingham game

Wont be any staying in hotels for the long distance games

Will players have to drive themselves to all these games rather than one coach which'll be tiring for anyone
  • Options
    clive said:

It wont effect the Reading game too much as its local but guess it gives more recovery time ahead of the Birmingham game

Will players have to drive themselves to all these games rather than one coach which'll be tiring for anyone
    I think they will be staying at hotels but are being understandably quiet about it.

Key workers can book hotels and no doubt arrangements have been made as part of football starting up.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    clive said:

I think they will be staying at hotels but are being understandably quiet about it.

Key workers can book hotels and no doubt arrangements have been made as part of football starting up.
    I'm surprised they havent followed the German model as arent all clubs staying at Hotels during this final stage of the season and using them like World Cup camps?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    clive said:

I'm surprised they havent followed the German model as arent all clubs staying at Hotels during this final stage of the season and using them like World Cup camps?
    We probably would in the prem days, when we had money 
  • Options
    Looking at our remaining fixtures, Wigan are the only team coming to The Valley who might want to stay overnight, whereas we have potentially 4 away matches where normally we wouldn't travel on the day - Hull, Cardiff, Birmingham and Leeds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's going to a very different Hull side to the one we expected to play on the 14th March.

They've lost their best 2 players who were so influential in nicking a point in the 2-2 draw at The Valley - but I would take nothing for granted. They're on their own patch and won't just roll over.

Remember, it's like the start of a new season. The old form book goes out of the window.

COYR!

• Options
    I have tried to keep up with all that is going on, but can someone tell me, have all the players whose contracts run out on June 30, (not loan), extended their contracts until the end of this season?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Oggy Red said:

It's going to a very different Hull side to the one we expected to play on the 14th March.

They've lost their best 2 players who were so influential in nicking a point in the 2-2 draw at The Valley - but I would take nothing for granted. They're on their own patch and won't just roll over.

Remember, it's like the start of a new season. The old form book goes out of the window.

COYR!

Well that Hull side has just got very different

Eric Lichaj | Jackson Irvine | Stephen Kingsley and surprise surprise: Marcus Maddison have refused to play any remaining games

Mallik Wilks on the other hand will only play in the first two games, understandably its Barnsley who have been reluctant to extend that deal
  • Options
    Really does look like Bowyer approached our three players the right way by asking them BEFORE training restarted

It seems for other clubs that Managers are only now asking players the question as both Hull and Middlesbrough have had these announcements within 24-hours
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

COYR!

Eric Lichaj | Jackson Irvine | Stephen Kingsley and surprise surprise: Marcus Maddison have refused to play any remaining games

Mallik Wilks on the other hand will only play in the first two games, understandably its Barnsley who have been reluctant to extend that deal
    Maddison really seems a bad egg...
  • Options
    Interesting situation with Barnsley refusing to extend the loan to a rival.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

COYR!

Maddison really seems a bad egg...
    Its going to be an interesting summer for him

He's really shown that he only thinks about himself and he's not really had an opportunity to show the Championship what he can achieve

I'll be curious to see where he ends up
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Interesting situation with Barnsley refusing to extend the loan to a rival.
    Im surprised Man Utd have allowed Dean Henderson to complete his loan @ Sheffield United

Be awkward if Sheff Utd finish above them!!

In Barnsley's case I wonder if they'll play Wilks themselves when he returns (or whether they're allowed)...

Was always odd when they loaned him out in the first place - I guess Hull were chasing the Play-Offs before they nose dived
  • Options
    Thats Hulls Captain and Vice Captain that have decided not to play.

Hows that gonna go with the rest of the squad.

Fans on twitter think they are going down now lol
  • Options
    Thats Hulls Captain and Vice Captain that have decided not to play.

Hows that gonna go with the rest of the squad.

Fans on twitter think they are going down now lol
    Have to admit this is the stage where Lyle should potentially have mentioned the racism claim

i.e. Why is he getting abuse all over the media when other players are now getting away with it? (Albeit these decisions are just being made so the backlash could still come)