Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    I really cant believe that we are on the eve of restarting the season & we still dont know what punishments Sheff Wed & Derby are going to be given. 3 Fucking months of no football & the EFL still haven't sorted it out.

Clueless.
    They can't sort it until they know they can sweep in under the carpet. 
    This is exactly why I say they are corrupt. 
    Their decision making will always favour the so called bigger clubs. 
  • Options
    I really cant believe that we are on the eve of restarting the season & we still dont know what punishments Sheff Wed & Derby are going to be given. 3 Fucking months of no football & the EFL still haven't sorted it out.

Clueless.
    Rubbish, in the last 25 years they've come down heavily on Swindon, Luton and Bolton with points deductions, and the FA have written strongly worded letters to West Ham, Chelsea and Joey Barton
  • Options
    ads said:

Clueless.
    Rubbish, in the last 25 years they've come down heavily on Swindon, Luton and Bolton with points deductions, and the FA have written strongly worded letters to West Ham, Chelsea and Joey Barton
    Precisely. 
  • Options

Clueless.
    The Football League have been hampered by social distancing rules.

It's very difficult to sweep it all under the carpet if the sweeper can't get within 7' of the person lifting up the carpet.
  • Options
    I think we can safely say if both Wednesday and Derby have not had points deducted before the restart then it won't happen until after the finish and it will be points off next season.

They will deny any wrong doing and say delays due to appeals etc. Even on the Wednesday forums they've been told that they won't hear until July. 
    Game over... We have to survive on our own and get safe by winning games and not rely on the basket case that is the EFL! 
  • Options
    Aren’t we potentially going to get a points reduction?

• Options
    Aren’t we potentially going to get a points reduction?

In a normal year I would agree but with the feck ups we've had I'd imagine the efl don't know if they're coming or going with us. The fact they've suspended the investigation according to the trust makes me think what can they investigate now laurel and hardy have gone! I think though that Elliott has to show proof of funds to make the efl forget the previous few months. 
  • Options
    Middlesbrough are getting pumped which is great news. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sheffield Wednesday top scorer Steven Fletcher is one of three players to reject a contract extension.

The 33-year-old Scotland international has scored 13 goals in 30 appearances for far in the 2019-20 season.

Fellow striker Fernando Forrestieri, 30, and defender Morgan Fox, 26, will also leave when their current deals expire at the end of June.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    ross1 said:

Sheffield Wednesday top scorer Steven Fletcher is one of three players to reject a contract extension.

The 33-year-old Scotland international has scored 13 goals in 30 appearances for far in the 2019-20 season.

Fellow striker Fernando Forrestieri, 30, and defender Morgan Fox, 26, will also leave when their current deals expire at the end of June.

Not half the squad then as said on the Barnsley thread?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Not half the squad then as said on the Barnsley thread. 
    They have also released two players and one loan player has returned to his parent club 
  • Options
    Seems only losing one player isn’t so bad after all.
  • Options
    Am loving all these clubs that are only now making decisions on their out of contract players

Really does show Bowyer as a sensible Manager compared with others - Do wonder where Morgan Fox is off too though!!
  • Options
    Am loving all these clubs that are only now making decisions on their out of contract players

Really does show Bowyer as a sensible Manager compared with others - Do wonder where Morgan Fox is off too though!!
    Coming back to replace Page......
  • Options

You may joke but Id be delighted to get Fox back based on our current options at LB, let Doughty play further forward like we saw Saturday 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

You may joke but Id be delighted to get Fox back based on our current options at LB, let Doughty play further forward like we saw Saturday 
    If we’re in league one fox would be an option , championship I’d like to hope for better unless we just wanna go down 
  • Options

If we’re in league one fox would be an option , championship I’d like to hope for better unless we just wanna go down 
    Well seeing he's been doing alright in the Championship for Wednesday and did pretty well against us at the Valley

Reckon he could do a job for us at this level
    Wednesday don’t rate him , hence he’s in and out and they don’t want to keep him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well seeing he's been doing alright in the Championship for Wednesday and did pretty well against us at the Valley

Been a regular Championship LB for 3.5 seasons now.

By contrast Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, who lots of people here rated more highly, has played very few games since leaving us, and mainly in L1
  • Options

Been a regular Championship LB for 3.5 seasons now.

By contrast Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, who lots of people here rated more highly, has played very few games since leaving us, and mainly in L1
    Surprises me he's played nearly as many games for Wednesday as he did for us - Surprises me even more that he only spent half a season in League One with us
  • Options
    According to a Wednesday supporting mate he has turned down a new contract and is destined for a bigger club.
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    According to a Wednesday supporting mate he has turned down a new contract and is destined for a bigger club.
    Bigger than the massives.....??
  • Options
    LeeValley said:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I’m oohaahmortimer said:

Wednesday don’t rate him , hence he’s in and out and they don’t want to keep him 
    Odd to offer a contract to someone you don’t want to keep
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    Super massive?
  • Options
    It appears they do want him,  he's in line for his most league appearances for them this season having made 28 and 25 in previous seasons  and 26 this season for them
    Wednesday fans I'd spoken to thought he was pony but they're prolly expecting to be pushing for the play offs 
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    In which case... Welcome home Morgan.
  • Options
    Morgan Fox has played 168 games at Championship level. He was offered a new deal by Wednesday and turned it down. Despite that there's still people who think he's a complete waste of space and L1 at best. I don't suppose he cares though; I guess we'll see where he ends up.