Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    We've got to win on Saturday otherwise I think we are doomed
  • Options
    Interesting situation with Barnsley refusing to extend the loan to a rival.
    Im surprised Man Utd have allowed Dean Henderson to complete his loan @ Sheffield United

Be awkward if Sheff Utd finish above them!!

In Barnsley's case I wonder if they'll play Wilks themselves when he returns (or whether they're allowed)...

Was always odd when they loaned him out in the first place - I guess Hull were chasing the Play-Offs before they nose dived
    Barnsley won't be allowed to play Wilks, but will want Hull to get as few points as possible as there's a small chance they could catch them
    Barnsley wouldn't play Wilks even if they could. He's an excellent player but reportedly an absolute tool. Apparently he had a big falling out at Barnsley that wasn't well publicised and he didn't play under their current manager. He'd never get back in their team but they'd be crazy to let Hull keep him given the fact they need Hull to drop as many points as possible.
  • Options
    Are Charlton staff.......Olly, Tracy, etc, back to work now football is going to start?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

It's going to a very different Hull side to the one we expected to play on the 14th March.

They've lost their best 2 players who were so influential in nicking a point in the 2-2 draw at The Valley - but I would take nothing for granted. They're on their own patch and won't just roll over.

Remember, it's like the start of a new season. The old form book goes out of the window.

COYR!

Well that Hull side has just got very different

Eric Lichaj | Jackson Irvine | Stephen Kingsley and surprise surprise: Marcus Maddison have refused to play any remaining games

Mallik Wilks on the other hand will only play in the first two games, understandably its Barnsley who have been reluctant to extend that deal
    Maddison really seems a bad egg...
    Its going to be an interesting summer for him

He's really shown that he only thinks about himself and he's not really had an opportunity to show the Championship what he can achieve

I'll be curious to see where he ends up
    Sunderland? 

Suspect that they might offer him a way home to the north east. 

They will be desperate to escape L1 now and he is an outstanding player at that level   
    So pleased we never got him. 
  • Options
    Depends on other teams results to be fair.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:

It's going to a very different Hull side to the one we expected to play on the 14th March.

They've lost their best 2 players who were so influential in nicking a point in the 2-2 draw at The Valley - but I would take nothing for granted. They're on their own patch and won't just roll over.

Remember, it's like the start of a new season. The old form book goes out of the window.

COYR!

Well that Hull side has just got very different

Eric Lichaj | Jackson Irvine | Stephen Kingsley and surprise surprise: Marcus Maddison have refused to play any remaining games

Mallik Wilks on the other hand will only play in the first two games, understandably its Barnsley who have been reluctant to extend that deal
    Maddison really seems a bad egg...
    Its going to be an interesting summer for him

He's really shown that he only thinks about himself and he's not really had an opportunity to show the Championship what he can achieve

I'll be curious to see where he ends up
    Sunderland? 

Suspect that they might offer him a way home to the north east. 

They will be desperate to escape L1 now and he is an outstanding player at that level   
    So pleased we never got him. 
    Not much of a step forward from Peterborough though is it - Could see it being a very sideways step for him unless a lower Championship side or team promoted from League One offer him what he wants
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Does anyone know if there will be an announcement on contracts from Charlton like Hull have done? Of course we know Taylor, Solly and Davis won't be playing at all and the club announced Cullen's extended his deal. But they've kept quiet on everyone else so far so I'm assuming we're due an announcement about all other players who's contracts expire on the 30th and whether they've signed an extension to the end of the season like Cullen has?

• Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    Does anyone know if there will be an announcement on contracts from Charlton like Hull have done? Of course we know Taylor, Solly and Davis won't be playing at all and the club announced Cullen's extended his deal. But they've kept quiet on everyone else so far so I'm assuming we're due an announcement about all other players who's contracts expire on the 30th and whether they've signed an extension to the end of the season like Cullen has?

Didn't realize we had an option for another year with JFC. Still think he's a player worth keeping. Very technically gifted and contrary to what Leuth says, a good athlete. On his day he's our most creative 6/8. 

Desperately hope we lock down Sarr, Matthews, and Morgan. All three have enough to get two year deals in my opinion, and either are champo players (Sarr, Matthews) or have the potential to be (Morgan). Worried that Morgan will leave for a compensation fee to play regularly in League One. He's definitely good enough to play in that division, especially in a side where he doesn't have to do as much defending.

We know Taylor is leaving. Hemed is playing for a contract. Page, maybe pay as you play? Especially if we go down. 

It's at this point in writing this that I remembered that we have an owner with completely unclear intent so the idea of us tying down players to longer term deals seems silly now. 
  • Options
    So Marshall never got sorted , during the early halcyon days of the ESI period 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8 positive tests from 6 Championship clubs in the latest round of testing.

Brentford so far the only club to have announced they have 1 positive test.
  • Options
    Feels weird that after all the talk, football actually resumes tonight

Slightly odd that whereas the L2 playoffs start tomorrow, with the final on the 29th June, due to the prevaricating the L1 ones don't start until the 3rd July, with the final on the 13th
  • Options
    Where the hell are they catching it?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Where the hell are they catching it?
    You'd think that if all tested negative last week anyone who now tests positive should be able to tell who they have been in contact with and trace them. However, I would have thought that they are should have practically been in lockdown so the chances of catching it are minimised.
  • Options
    I think we'll really struggle if we fall more than 3 points/a win away from climbing out of the bottom 3. All the while we are there or thereabouts we've got a chance.

I actually think we'll stay up
  • Options
    Konsa starts tonight against Sheff Utd

Strange Aston Villa line up - Reina on the bench, Keinan Davis starts up front
  • Options
    Barrow have been promoted to League Two

Good to see for them after unfairly being voted out all those years ago - Bet Carlisle fans are looking forward to a game that isnt 3000 miles away for once
    That's our 1st round of the League Cup opponents sorted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barrow have been promoted to League Two

Good to see for them after unfairly being voted out all those years ago - Bet Carlisle fans are looking forward to a game that isnt 3000 miles away for once
    Still a farce ..... the season wasn't fulfilled and if they'd played 46 matches, they may have not have been the promoted club.

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53108994

Grant Hall leaves QPR after failing to agree a contract extension past June 30th. Mark Pugh has left them as well
  • Options
    Macclesfield stay up after only getting a TWO point deduction, so Stevenage go down instead
  • Options
    Macclesfield stay up after only getting a TWO point deduction, so Stevenage go down instead
    So what was the decision to give just a two point deduction

The EFL really do make it up as they go along
  • Options
    So what was the decision to give just a two point deduction

The EFL really do make it up as they go along
    Macclesfield won't be so happy when they find out they start next season on minus 10 points! :smile:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I guess four points would have relegated Macclesfield

Makes you think that we shouldn't rely on Sheffield Wednesday or Derby being given enough of a deduction to relegate them instead of us if it came down to it

EFL clearly dont have the balls to be the ones to relegate a side on a points deductio
  • Options
    Wasn't a large part of Macclesfield's issues not paying wages on time?

Perhaps the EFL took into consideration that they would be punishing the very players who played on without payment?