Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    Is this the dog shit thread?
  • Options
    There is a bush/hedge at the end of my estate that is a dig shit bag tree. What people do it bag it, tie it and hang it to pick up on the return journey apparently. Makes sense I guess assuming it gets picked up on the return 

• Options
    Anyway, we've drifted a long way away from the topic thread, sorry about that. I can confirm that for the first time this year every parking space in my road, leading to the beach was full by 10:00. Something, in the middle of the week, I wouldn't expect to see outside of July or August.

Will have a wander up in a bit but that's massively increased in the last week. 

• Options

• Options

Do you remember white dog shit - never see it these days! ;-)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Leave it in the sun long enough Bob and It'll get there. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

My brother sent me a picture of a big pile of white dog shit a couple of weeks into lockdown 

Yep, dog shit bleached in the sun because less people were about to clear up after lazy, shit arsed owners of dogs so the shit remained and became the stuff of nostalgists mucky dreams 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its defo gone downhill :neutral:
  • Options
    Carter said:
    bobmunro said:

My brother sent me a picture of a big pile of white dog shit a couple of weeks into lockdown 

Yep, dog shit bleached in the sun because less people were about to clear up after lazy, shit arsed owners of dogs so the shit remained and became the stuff of nostalgists mucky dreams 

Pet food manufacturers used to add chalk to the food - they don't anymore.
  • Options
    I’ve never quite believed the sun bleaching dog turds white. You see some very ancient looking dogs crap that doesn’t look white to me.
  • Options
    Went out on the bike today and headed towards the beach to cycle along past St Marys towards Dymchurch and Hythe. Never seen so many cars in the car park at St Mary's and looking at the beach there was hundreds of people there. Abandoned the though of cycling through the throngs of people and headed inland to keep away.

Did see once again grandparents walking hand in hand with their grandkids.

People have just decided that lockdown has ended completely.

If we do get a spike I'm not sure people could blame some pupils going back to school in 10 days or so on the evidence I have seen in numerous locations around the south coast here in the past week.

• Options
    In Paris they have motorcycles that have vacuums which can clear the dog shit from the pavements. Only for central areas I assume. Personally I would like to see all dogs have licences and £500 fines for owners who allow their dog to shit without clearing it up. I’m a dog owner and it irritates the hell out of me how much dog poo is polluting our streets and parks. 
    Not disagreeing but please explain how it’s policed and by who? 
  • Options
    Since the lockdown I have grown fonder and fonder of seeing dogs on my daily walk. They seem so happy and positive about life and such like.
    It almost makes me wish I had a dog.
    Then I think of the poo aspect, and I return to smiling about other people's dogs and being glad I don't have to bag up the poo, frankly I don't see how people do it or want to do it.

• Options
    No big deal to be honest. Take my dog over Danson most days and bins everywhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Since the lockdown I have grown fonder and fonder of seeing dogs on my daily walk. They seem so happy and positive about life and such like.
    Then I think of the poo aspect, and I return to smiling about other people's dogs and being glad I don't have to bag up the poo, frankly I don't see how people do it or want to do it.

I'm not sure anyone enjoys doing it, but a dog is an integral part of a family.

I changed my children's nappies - but I wouldn't do it for anybody else's children.
  • Options
    My son drove home from work past Southend sea front, said it was absolutely heaving. Can't help but think the change in emphasis from govt. was a massive own goal. Only a matter of time before there's another spike.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Really doesn’t bother me. Hand inside the bag, pick it up. Tie the bag. Job done (or should that be jobby  done?). Mrs SB on the other hand hates it. She has a weird scoop thing and a clothes peg for her nose. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    My son drove home from work past Southend sea front, said it was absolutely heaving. Can't help but think the change in emphasis from govt. was a massive own goal. Only a matter of time before there's another spike.
    Bournemouth beach has been rammed (relatively) all day. I really hope this is not misjudged because in the last few days I seem to be one of a minority in the area trying to get their distance from every else. You literally wouldn't know there was a public health pandemic looking at the beach today. 

Harry Ramsden's was doing good business though, so what's risking a few more lives. 
  • Options
    Do people with a dogwalking business have to pick up the poo of five or six other people's dogs?
    If so they deserve high pay like £50 per dog per walk.
  • Options
    In Paris they have motorcycles that have vacuums which can clear the dog shit from the pavements. Only for central areas I assume. Personally I would like to see all dogs have licences and £500 fines for owners who allow their dog to shit without clearing it up. I’m a dog owner and it irritates the hell out of me how much dog poo is polluting our streets and parks. 
    I agree, I’m an owner of two dogs and always pick up their poo and bin it but infuriates me when people don’t. Luckily in our village 99% of owners are responsible and for a small village we have plenty of bins around. I’d like to see dogs licensed too and the fine increased significantly.

In response to a couple of posters, actually picking up poo isn’t an issue and as long as you are careful you don’t get yourself messy.

I can see why people are tempted to leave poo by bins if the bins are not in use or removed. Ever tried driving say 50 miles with a bag of dog poo in the boot? Not fun, especially on a hot day.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Really doesn’t bother me. Hand inside the bag, pick it up. Tie the bag. Job done (or should that be jobby  done?). Mrs SB on the other hand hates it. She has a weird scoop thing and a clothes peg for her nose. 
    Sounds like she’s the sillybilly ....
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    That looks to me like a Fox has been at the bin overnight. Had the same in my local park this morning 
    Nope it was definitely the scummy tourists who walked up to the bin and then threw their rubbish on the floor in front of the empty bin.

If the bin was full, then the councils should either empty them or remove them altogether.