Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    I get annoyed when people do not show respect to the social distancing.
    I shall have to keep my thoughts to myself when I get on the tube this Monday, I am not looking forward to going back to work.
     Have you been ordered back then Elfsborg?

At least somebody wants me, positives from negatives...................
  • Options
    Anyone else noticed their delivery drivers are getting a bit more close and personal? We've had a few this week wait at the door when ringing and when our shopping has been delivered they have definitely come with 2 metres. They are just trying to be helpful but there seems to have been a definite shift.

Might just have been our experience but I until the last couple of weeks they have all knocked and backed right off when dropping things off
  • Options
    Anyone else noticed their delivery drivers are getting a bit more close and personal? We've had a few this week wait at the door when ringing and when our shopping has been delivered they have definitely come with 2 metres. They are just trying to be helpful but there seems to have been a definite shift.

Might just have been our experience but I until the last couple of weeks they have all knocked and backed right off when dropping things off
     The old boy that delivers ours hasn't changed his approach the whole way through it.
    I've been forced to leave the porch door open. Stick a bloody great poster on the door. Have to tell my missus not to open the window or he'll be straight over
  • Options

The old boy that delivers ours hasn't changed his approach the whole way through it.
    I've been forced to leave the porch door open. Stick a bloody great poster on the door. Have to tell my missus not to open the window or he'll be straight over
    Well tell her to put some clothes on then  :D
  • Options

Had a delivery yesterday and the guy started carrying the bags almost into the house. I told him to back off and he then tried to hand me the bags. 

First time we had that problem. 
  • Options
    He was probably just round someone else’s house who snapped at him for not bringing the bags in the house. 

All of the delivery drivers we’ve had look unsure of what will greet them when they open the door and look pretty nervous, tired and fed up.  I try to open the door and give a big smile to them, not just what they’ve brought me and thank them - a lot. I’m going to work out a way of tipping them. 

I’m thinking cash in an envelope by the front door?  Just need to get more cash broken down somehow! 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Unreal. Just tried taking the dog down to Lullingstone/Shoreham for a late afternoon stroll. Never ever seen so many cars and people. The place is heaving. Cars parked the entire length of the road between the station and shoreham village and every other street too. Never seen that even in the height of a normal summer. “Polite” notices in the village car park along the lines of “please use this car park to turn around and go home”. The lanes around lullingstone are a nightmare too with parked cars.  And another thing. I’ve never seen so many bikes in all my born days. Nor so many eejits who don’t know how to ride them. Lockdown my fragrant Scottish arse.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unreal. Just tried taking the dog down to Lullingstone/Shoreham for a late afternoon stroll. Never ever seen so many cars and people. The place is heaving. Cars parked the entire length of the road between the station and shoreham village and every other street too. Never seen that even in the height of a normal summer. “Polite” notices in the village car park along the lines of “please use this car park to turn around and go home”. The lanes around lullingstone are a nightmare too with parked cars.  And another thing. I’ve never seen so many bikes in all my born days. Nor so many eejits who don’t know how to ride them. Lockdown my fragrant Scottish arse.   
    But that’s all allowed now.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Yes mate. I know. Hence the fact that I was trying to do it too. I was just amazed by the sheer scale of it. I thought there would still be more reticence about. Evidently not. 
  • Options
    I was in Shoreham yesterday (belated 100th birthday visit!) There were so many cars spilling out onto Shacklands Road and all the woods there were as full as I've ever seen them.
  • Options
    I was in Shoreham yesterday (belated 100th birthday visit!) There were so many cars spilling out onto Shacklands Road and all the woods there were as full as I've ever seen them.
     You certainly don't look it.
  • Options
    After 2 months of lockdown with the kids I feel it!
  • Options
    Went to visit my old Mum in East Dartford today. Went for a walk round Hesketh park. all very quiet. Realise now they had all gone to Lullingstone!
  • Options
    I always presumed Santa was a lot older than that... Learn something new every day
  • Options
    I thought you'd be used to children, all those weeks of having children sitting on your knee as you ask them if they've been a good boy or girl...
  • Options
    Didn't see a soul on my run today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't see a soul on my run today
    Not even under your trainers? ;)
    I try not to tread on people, they upset my Strava times
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Barely saw another person or car on my cycle around the Kent Downs today. First time cycling around there, though have played cricket in Detling. Was rather lovely. 

Apart from Boxley Hill which is giving me nightmares thinking about how steep it is. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Yes mate. I know. Hence the fact that I was trying to do it too. I was just amazed by the sheer scale of it. I thought there would still be more reticence about. Evidently not. 
    Were people distancing? I was looking at the mirror on line earlier, just to wind myself up and put me in a bad mood!! They had an article about full beaches, the photos showed one empty beach with a handful of people and another one where people were keeping their distance but the beach definitely wasn’t full. I was surprised how empty they were

maybe people are stalking local as you can’t get a pint and dinner on the way home
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Were people distancing? I was looking at the mirror on line earlier, just to wind myself up and put me in a bad mood!! They had an article about full beaches, the photos showed one empty beach with a handful of people and another one where people were keeping their distance but the beach definitely wasn’t full. I was surprised how empty they were

maybe people are stalking local as you can’t get a pint and dinner on the way home
    Difficult to say as I didn’t stop when I saw how busy it was going to be. But the amount of people on the paths suggest that social distancing would have been tricky from time to time. Obviously no pubs or cafes open so nowt to do other than walk. Guess people just needed the change of scenery. I came home and walked the dog locally and it was dead quiet. 
  • Options
    I shall have to keep my thoughts to myself when I get on the tube this Monday, I am not looking forward to going back to work.
    Only to clear his desk. 
  • Options
    Only to clear his desk. 

Good one Dicky, I'll give you that.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Or take a pee? A few friends said they’d go down to the coast. But what loo do you use if you go out for the day? That’s my worry! 

Did a very long walk today and came through Greenwich park about 1 and it wasn’t too mobbed, and neither was Blackheath. Imagine it would’ve got busier a bit later with more picnics. 
  • Options
    @FishCostaFortune Boxley is brutal, completely unforgiving and whilst I am among the more tolerant motorists of cyclists attempting it I wish it was at 1am cyclists went up it! The section before the turning on the left is something dreamt up by satan 
  • Options
    Went for a walk 15 mins up the road with the kids to feed the ducks by the river in Windsor...

was very quiet. Normally rammed with tourists - that’s a town that will be hit hard by travel quarantines