Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    The first few weeks of lockdown when there was literally no cars anywhere I was running mainly in the middle of main roads early in the morning and it was so enjoyable because I made engine noises and pretended to be a Porsche 

Since then, if I am running and see someone ahead on the pavement I look to run into the road if nothing is coming, I don’t like being within 15ft of people if I can avoid it. I’ve not had to yet, but I would rather stop than run by someone 

One advantage of road running is that most pavements are slopes and certainly lead to shin problems. I try and balance my running one road left hand pavement next road right hand pavement to balance it out. If I can run down the middle of backstreet roads with no traffic, then even better. 
    Edited it for you
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    Charlton Life meet-up?

How about sealing the park once they are all in there - and leave them locked in for say 4 weeks' quarantine.
    Bob, your posts are generally error free and make a lot of sense but I feel the need to point out that you have incorrectly spelt 4 months.
  • Options
    Garden Centres open -

That's the Melton Mowbray by Chancery lane I think.  Used to work in Dyer's Buildngs down the little alleyway next door in later 90s.

Preferred the Chris Hatton over the road.  Lifetime ago. Great times.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Queue from my local tip to yonder this morning 
    Councillor Peter Craske Thanks to @LBofBexley @CountrystyleRec teams & the residents at Foots Cray #recycling centre which re-opened at 7.30am. Long queues initially, with people arriving at 6am but all good natured & friendly & within an hour of opening all the queues were gone.

People were queuing at 6am to go to the tip??? That shows that people have been up to during the lockdown!

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    Charlton Life meet-up?

How about sealing the park once they are all in there - and leave them locked in for say 4 weeks' quarantine.
    Bob, your posts are generally error free and make a lot of sense but I feel the need to point out that you have incorrectly spelt 4 months.

Oops - sorry!
  • Options
    Garden Centres open -

That's the Melton Mowbray by Chancery lane I think.  Used to work in Dyer's Buildngs down the little alleyway next door in later 90s.

Preferred the Chris Hatton over the road.  Lifetime ago. Great times.

It's definitely the Melton Mowbray - been somewhat tired and emotional in there on many occasions.
  • Options
    Queue from my local tip to yonder this morning 
    It's more organised over here in Bromley.
  • Options
    Just a personal perception, but it seems that parcel delivery guys have been lingering near the front door more over the last week or so. Not sure if they are getting more blasé about things. 
  • Options
    Much much busier this morning already. Drove through Lewisham and Deptford this morning and the amount of people waiting at bus stops was surprising. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Just a personal perception, but it seems that parcel delivery guys have been lingering near the front door more over the last week or so. Not sure if they are getting more blasé about things. 
    Yeah I've noticed this one as well. Early days they were leaving stuff on the door step after ringing the bell. Last few I've had have wanted to hand it over personally until I tell them not to. Seen fewer wearing face masks as well. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Weve managed to get home supermarket deliveries for the last few weeks. Surprised me on only one occasion was one wearing a mask, and not once have they been wearing gloves. One of them virtually walked into my house!
  • Options
    I went to the local Tesco Express early this morning. A member of the staff was shelf filling and I heard a woman ask him if it was alright to go down that aisle. His reply was 'you can go where you like, no-one follows the arrows anyway'. I'm not blaming the Tesco staff, I expect that they are fed up with people not following the social distancing rules, but this must be indicative of the casual approach a lot of people now have.
  • Options
    yeah the supermarket arrows on the floor seem pretty pointless the few times I've ventured into one.
  • Options
    Problem is people, too many cnuts about who are oblivious or just ignorant to any rules. 
    I would be surprised if people are oblivious to the rules. It’s down to ignorance.

ive noticed how many people do try and stay 2m away and follow the rules, as with everything, it’s the minority who don’t. 
  • Options
    Crikey. Well busy round here today. 
    Looks like people have decided it's over. 
    Second peak guaranteed. 

• Options
    Weve managed to get home supermarket deliveries for the last few weeks. Surprised me on only one occasion was one wearing a mask, and not once have they been wearing gloves. One of them virtually walked into my house!
    Probably shouldn't open your door in just your leather chaps mate. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem is people, too many cnuts about who are oblivious or just ignorant to any rules. 
    I would be surprised if people are oblivious to the rules. It’s down to ignorance.

ive noticed how many people do try and stay 2m away and follow the rules, as with everything, it’s the minority who don’t. 
    I agree about people being oblivious. Not sure if it's entirely down to ignorance though. I think the major problem is that we are bombarded with signs and instructions all day long and few places more so than in a supermarket. I think to a certain extent people have to tune out to these for the sake of sanity. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Popped out this morning on a rare foray to get a load of stuff. Tried Costco in Thurrock for the first time in months. Unbelievable queues. Right round the massive car park and back to the petroleum station. Gave that up. Now in a queue for B&Q. All in all it’s got more of a Saturday feel about it. Lots of working peeps doing their stuff at the weekend. A long way from normality but it’s heaps busier than before. People generally behaving sensibly with the odd dick here and there. B&Q ignoring their own rules and letting couples and occasional kids in despite their notices along the queue saying only one person per family and no under 16s. Listening to people talk in the queue there is much more of a “fcuk it lets get out there and do it” sense. You get the feeling that the fear factor is diminishing rapidly. I very much doubt that’s a good thing.

Only small consolation is that my ultimately futile venture through the Dartford tunnel and back across the bridge was a breeze. At least the car got a much needed workout. 
  • Options
    I’ve been for a walk around Bluewater wildlife trail. Most people kept their distance, groups of two from different households out together and distancing but there were a lot of families mixing but keeping the their distance from other families. I’m not 100% agreement in this but would rather see families out mixing in open spaces rather than having gatherings at home.

one family met with the grand parents, sat on two separate benches and had a chat, kept their distance from each other, against the rules but all good so far as they were more than 2m apart. Then they got up and walked next to each other back to their cars 
  • Options
    Very busy in Welling today.  For the first time since lockdown began there is a queue of traffic on Bellegrove Road in the direction of the Wickham Lane junction.  

The queue is back as far as the Bellegrove Social Club so it's "normal " Saturday traffic really. In that direction anyway 

• Options
    Piers Corbyn arrested are that disgraceful protest. Hope the police gave the silly old c*** a dig in the back of the van.
  • Options
    Bit annoying when 2 separate family groups walk along together leaving less room to go round them so you have to go through!? 

Went out on a long walk today and as we got to the park there were kids in the playground bit which i didn’t think was allowed. As we got nearer I could see they weren’t going kids, not teens but they’d obviously jumper over. As we got even nearer realised it was my neighbour with her 2 kids and 2 other kids. Said a quick hello from a distance and carried on. Awks. 

Also didn’t recognise the kids with her (they were in her garden when we got back with another adult) and they are about the 6th different outside family member group that she’s had in her house since lock down. Baffling and frustrating at the same time. 
  • Options
    Bit annoying when 2 separate family groups walk along together leaving less room to go round them so you have to go through!? 

Went out on a long walk today and as we got to the park there were kids in the playground bit which i didn’t think was allowed. As we got nearer I could see they weren’t going kids, not teens but they’d obviously jumper over. As we got even nearer realised it was my neighbour with her 2 kids and 2 other kids. Said a quick hello from a distance and carried on. Awks. 

Also didn’t recognise the kids with her (they were in her garden when we got back with another adult) and they are about the 6th different outside family member group that she’s had in her house since lock down. Baffling and frustrating at the same time. 
     Boris's latest guidance about 1 family member being able to meet up with another family was a nonsense. And it was supposed to be. It's nigh on impossible to police
     Groups are now meeting up all over the place. Not in the park I went to, but saw it elsewhere.
  • Options
    I get annoyed when people do not show respect to the social distancing.
    I shall have to keep my thoughts to myself when I get on the tube this Monday, I am not looking forward to going back to work.
  • Options
    I get annoyed when people do not show respect to the social distancing.
    I shall have to keep my thoughts to myself when I get on the tube this Monday, I am not looking forward to going back to work.
     Have you been ordered back then Elfsborg?