Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Club. Our Future. Are You In?

Comments

• Options
    Signed up 👍🙂
  • Options
    Idi 
  • Options
    Thanks, all. Numbers are building nicely. If you can help create further momentum by spreading the word to fans not so engaged on social media - really appreciated.

If you're already a CAST member, do sign up if you're committed / willing to step up in case we have to make plans for ownership. It all helps the cause. We will keep members informed in any case.

• Options
    Signed up but already a trust member. I'll get my lad to sign up later too
    That's the lad signed up now
  • Options
    all in
  • Options
    I'm in but I'm not quite clear what I'm in for. The example of 23,000 Pompey fans raising £2.3m seems to me like a fraction of the amount needed to get this club back on its feet. I'm not trying to be negative, but I would like to know more about what the goal is.
    2,300 fans raised £2.3M, not 23,000, the earlier poster said. 

Having repaid approximately £7 million to the club’s creditors and clearing the club’s debts two years ahead of schedule the PST showed the true power of a correctly executed fan-ownership model and it was these achievements which garnered the attention of former Walt Disney chief Executive Michael Eisner and his Tornate investment group.‘
  • Options
    Done and dusted 
  • Options
    Mrs robinofottershaw is also in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In.
    btw the club website is down?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I'm in but I'm not quite clear what I'm in for. The example of 23,000 Pompey fans raising £2.3m seems to me like a fraction of the amount needed to get this club back on its feet. I'm not trying to be negative, but I would like to know more about what the goal is.
    2,300 fans raised £2.3M, not 23,000, the earlier poster said. 

‘ Having repaid approximately £7 million to the club’s creditors and clearing the club’s debts two years ahead of schedule the PST showed the true power of a correctly executed fan-ownership model and it was these achievements which garnered the attention of former Walt Disney chief Executive Michael Eisner and his Tornate investment group.‘
    Thanks for correcting me plus a good point made.
  • Options
    castrust said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE3a67uP8yo

Just a year on from Patrick Bauer's 94th minute Wembley goal, our club is in peril.

Our owners are in dispute. New parties have been linked but still we wait. The EFL are investigating the January takeover.

Funds to pay wages and keep the club running are scarce. Legal action is pending.

Duchâtelet retains control of the training ground and The Valley.

As fans, we might need to take steps towards owning the Club we love.

And if we do, it won’t take much, but it will take many.

Right now, we are not asking for money, just your support.

We took nearly 40,000 to Wembley.

Now is the time to show that support again by signing-up.

Are you in?

Our Club. Our Future.

www. castrust.org/ourclub

Can this be put up on other Charlton Forums like Into The Valley?
  • Options
    I’m in and will put what I can into it
  • Options
    As only happens to me it seems I cannot sign up with 'Captcha' although in principle I am 'IN'

The system changes my email address! com becomes con (appropriate in the circumstances I know) but when I correct it to com it changes the first letter of my email address. Technological problems are not good for my mental health so I have walked away from trying anymore as it has become stressful and frustrating.

I am a Trust Member so the Trust has my details anyway.
  • Options
    You using a phone Len? You may be suffering from autocorrect issues.
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    You using a phone Len? You may be suffering from autocorrect issues.
    No on my laptop.

I tried a dozen times and the same thing happened. Enough.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    As only happens to me it seems I cannot sign up with 'Captcha' although in principle I am 'IN'

The system changes my email address! com becomes con (appropriate in the circumstances I know) but when I correct it to com it changes the first letter of my email address. Technological problems are not good for my mental health so I have walked away from trying anymore as it has become stressful and frustrating.

Hi @LenGlover
    Initially I thought I was having the same issue as you with my email address, but the problem is that the box is not quite wide enough to display it all at once- so either the second loop of the final "m" can't be seen (making it look like an "n"), or the first letter is similarly truncated.  So just type it in correctly, answer the Captcha question, and send - you'll know it was right when, like me, you get an update email welcoming you!

Do sign up even if you are a CAST member like me - they are sending out other relevant info to those who do sign up.
  • Options
    CAST member already -  but have just signed up self and other half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    LenGlover said:

Hi @LenGlover
    Initially I thought I was having the same issue as you with my email address, but the problem is that the box is not quite wide enough to display it all at once- so either the second loop of the final "m" can't be seen (making it look like an "n"), or the first letter is similarly truncated.  So just type it in correctly, answer the Captcha question, and send - you'll know it was right when, like me, you get an update email welcoming you!

Do sign up even if you are a CAST member like me - they are sending out other relevant info to those who do sign up.
    Thank you.

I did as you suggested and it appears to have worked so I am 'IN' properly now.

I have forwarded the link to others who will join too I hope.
  • Options
    In like Flynn
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    Joined the trust last night and signed up for this too. Not sure how much I can contribute from Spain (or even if I was back in Erith where I started life) but it's time to stand together.
  • Options
    If it is a clean as a whistle situation, and would help the long term future of the club (not short term paying of the bills, although that might be part of it) I pledge a sum of between one and two thousand pounds to the cause.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    N01R4M said:
    LenGlover said:

Hi @LenGlover

You would think that his email was len.glover@lenglover.com rather than leonard.glover@leonardglover.com which doesn't quite fit into the box.
  • Options
    I'm in. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Signed up yesterday, and happy to do what I can.

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    castrust said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE3a67uP8yo

Just a year on from Patrick Bauer's 94th minute Wembley goal, our club is in peril.

Our owners are in dispute. New parties have been linked but still we wait. The EFL are investigating the January takeover.

Funds to pay wages and keep the club running are scarce. Legal action is pending.

Duchâtelet retains control of the training ground and The Valley.

As fans, we might need to take steps towards owning the Club we love.

And if we do, it won’t take much, but it will take many.

Right now, we are not asking for money, just your support.

We took nearly 40,000 to Wembley.

Now is the time to show that support again by signing-up.

Are you in?

Our Club. Our Future.

www. castrust.org/ourclub

Can this be put up on other Charlton Forums like Into The Valley?
    I'm not aware of any current board members that had an account and aren't banned on that particular forum.....