Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season-ticket holders receive live access to watch every remaining game on Valley Pass

Comments

• Options
    Haven't seen it said (may have missed it) can you watch on 2 laptops with the same account?
  • Options
    Haven't seen it said (may have missed it) can you watch on 2 laptops with the same account?
    Hope so otherwise my boys aren’t watching it! It’s been ok paying for a one off game and watching it on 2 devices, so hopefully will be this time. 
  • Options
    fmaddick said:
    To be fair, if bought for cash through the established Valley Pass system, you are given instant access. 

Rightly or wrongly, the system used for CaFC cash requires human input to send out codes. To avoid a situation where they are unable to send out codes later, they have set a deadline. I don’t know this was particularly clearly communicated though. 

As noted, anyone can pay £10 (no booking fee) and still access the Hull game
    Yep, I get yer FM, but in 2020 there should be a workaround. The sceptic in me fears it is just a way of making extra money from people who they know will be desparate to just watch the game and so pay out. 

I'm not prepared to pay £11.50 of real money, when the club should be providing me with the 9 game pass based on my season ticket purchases. I also had a big amount of loyalty points, which I know are not applicable in this situation, but show them I'm a good "customer". 

We will see what they say, if they respond, but the Hull match will be one we'll miss now, which is disappointing. 
    Can you not pay the £10 to watch tomorrow’s game (no booking fee) through Valley Pass and then buy the eight match ticket when it’s available on Monday?
  • Options
    I have successfully given the Club £10 but how the hell do I access the game tomorrow?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Not managed to get things sorted, which is very disappointing and frustrating. 

We had "real" tickets booked for the train and game at Hull, yet now won't even get to see it in any form, which feels odd. 

It also seems bizarre that the technology is seemingly so complex that there has to be a deadline that is more than 24 hours in advance of the event. Any other streaming service I use you can pay and get it in seconds. 

I am awaiting a response from the club, so hopefully they can sort us out. 

You can still book it, but have to pay real money as opposed to CAFC cash (if I'm correct).
    Check the rules I may be wrong.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee892a0ac1df/valley-pass-frequently-asked-questions
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I have successfully given the Club £10 but how the hell do I access the game tomorrow?

On Saturday coverage from the KCOM Stadium begins on Valley Pass at 2pm. If you have a pass, click here at that time to watch the live stream on your desktop or laptop. If you want to watch from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button

Advice

- Ahead of Saturday's game please access the test stream to make sure you’ll be able to gain access to Saturday’s game. Click here to test the live stream channel at any point on laptop or desktop. If you want to test from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5eecaf945731e/how-to-watch-charltons-game-against-hull-city-on-saturday

• Options
    Not managed to get things sorted, which is very disappointing and frustrating. 

We had "real" tickets booked for the train and game at Hull, yet now won't even get to see it in any form, which feels odd. 

It also seems bizarre that the technology is seemingly so complex that there has to be a deadline that is more than 24 hours in advance of the event. Any other streaming service I use you can pay and get it in seconds. 

I am awaiting a response from the club, so hopefully they can sort us out. 

You can still book it, but have to pay real money as opposed to CAFC cash (if I'm correct).
    Check the rules I may be wrong.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee892a0ac1df/valley-pass-frequently-asked-questions
    You’re correct - I just paid with real money as I missed the CAFC Cash deadline (that I’m pretty sure wasn’t communicated, at least effectively).
  • Options
    fmaddick said:
    To be fair, if bought for cash through the established Valley Pass system, you are given instant access. 

Rightly or wrongly, the system used for CaFC cash requires human input to send out codes. To avoid a situation where they are unable to send out codes later, they have set a deadline. I don’t know this was particularly clearly communicated though. 

Yep, I get yer FM, but in 2020 there should be a workaround. The sceptic in me fears it is just a way of making extra money from people who they know will be desparate to just watch the game and so pay out. 

I'm not prepared to pay £11.50 of real money, when the club should be providing me with the 9 game pass based on my season ticket purchases. I also had a big amount of loyalty points, which I know are not applicable in this situation, but show them I'm a good "customer". 

We will see what they say, if they respond, but the Hull match will be one we'll miss now, which is disappointing. 
    Can you not pay the £10 to watch tomorrow’s game (no booking fee) through Valley Pass and then buy the eight match ticket when it’s available on Monday?
    I don't know if CAFC will let me have the 8 game pass when it becomes available.

I bought a season ticket for me and one each for my 2 kids. They have split the "CAFC cash" between us all, even though I paid for all of them. If they'd given it all to me (which I believe they should have done, as it was all paid for by me) then I'd have enough.

It isn't fair. If I were an adult on my own paying £450+ for a single season ticket I would've had enough for the 9 game pass. 

I paid £450+ for an adult season ticket and 2 kids season tickets, yet I can't get the 9 game pass. 

And it's not like my kids were taking up seats that adults could've had this season, the ground was half empty every week!!! 

• Options
    edited June 2020
    fmaddick said:

I don't know if CAFC will let me have the 8 game pass when it becomes available.

I bought a season ticket for me and one each for my 2 kids. They have split the "CAFC cash" between us all, even though I paid for all of them. If they'd given it all to me (which I believe they should have done, as it was all paid for by me) then I'd have enough.

It isn't fair. If I were an adult on my own paying £450+ for a single season ticket I would've had enough for the 9 game pass. 

I paid £450+ for an adult season ticket and 2 kids season tickets, yet I can't get the 9 game pass. 

And it's not like my kids were taking up seats that adults could've had this season, the ground was half empty every week!!! 

Like many of us, use your own CAFC cash & pay the rest with your own cash & ask for a refund for the kids.
  • Options
    As a valley pass member and a season ticket holder do I still need to sign up to watch the matches and pay for them? I e mailed valley pass yesterday but they haven't replied. I hope someone can answer my question as I am a self isolatin pensioner!
    Have you managed to sort this @valleyrobin?

Plenty of us on here to help if you're still having issues!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fmaddick said:

Like many of us, use your own CAFC cash & pay the rest with your own cash & ask for a refund for the kids.
    Thanks CE, I'll do that. I haven't kept up very well with it all this week due to being busy. 
  • Options
    Missed the deadline so paid £10🤬
    Downloaded the valley pass app?
    So will I get a code to put in??
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    No, because you don’t need one, assuming you paid on Valley Pass and not the ticketing system.
  • Options
    For those of you seeing the 'NO EVENTS FOUND' message, I had this same issue when logging in using my email.as the username, however when i logged in and used my FanID as the username, it worked and I was able to select form the different streaming packages.

No idea why this should make a difference but it solved the problem for me!
  • Options
    No, because you don’t need one, assuming you paid on Valley Pass and not the ticketing system.
    Thanks for that
    Just logged on, gone into live and currently showing a live bows interview is that all I need to do ??
    So will game be in there at 3 tomorrow??
  • Options
    Thanks for that
    Just logged on, gone into live and currently showing a live bows interview is that all I need to do ??
    So will game be in there at 3 tomorrow??
    Yes, but I'd log on earlyish tomorrow in any case.
    They are live from 2pm.
  • Options
    😁thanks for that
    Coyr
    Yes football is back!⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️🏆
    Well sort of
  • Options
    I’m not hugely confident that things are going to go swimmingly tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Trying to buy a pass on my mobile. Put in all my Details but the button for purchasing just doesn’t link anywhere.... whyyyyyyy? 
  • Options
    fmaddick said:

Yep - if you have Sky, you are actually much better off not having bought any of the packages and just buying the games for cash individually. Millwall definitely televised, so you pay £80 max. Only need one more to be televised and you've saved £3.50 (no transaction fee).

Keep your CAFC Cash for next season and also save all this hassle. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we receive a code if we've just bought tomorrow's match as a one off? Done with CAFC cash on the ticketing website and had registered for VP just before
  • Options
    are other clubs fans having this match fretting and agg over their iPlayer or whatever set up they have or are we just the whingiest set of fans or have we got the wankiest system available thanks to that cupid stunt katrien nightmeire 

ive bought the 9 match pass and I’ve accepted everything about us is shit so if it works it’s a bonus and the good news is by kick off time the scum could be sitting in the fucking play offs , fuck football 
  • Options

I want to use my CAFC Cash to buy a match stream but it is no longer available?

The deadline to purchase with CAFC Cash for Saturday’s game passed on Friday morning.

You can still purchase Saturday's game by clicking here: https://charltonafcpayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1

You will be able to access CAFC Cash to assign to streaming purchases again from Sunday.

The deadline was communicated later than it should have been and fans who have missed out on a discount because of this will be compensated accordingly. If this is relevant to you, please email website@cafc.co.uk from Sunday.

• Options
    are other clubs fans having this match fretting and agg over their iPlayer or whatever set up they have or are we just the whingiest set of fans or have we got the wankiest system available thanks to that cupid stunt katrien nightmeire 

ive bought the 9 match pass and I’ve accepted everything about us is shit so if it works it’s a bonus and the good news is by kick off time the scum could be sitting in the fucking play offs , fuck football 
    That’s the spirit. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Do we receive a code if we've just bought tomorrow's match as a one off? Done with CAFC cash on the ticketing website and had registered for VP just before
    If you bought it with CAFC cash you will need a code, because the two systems are not linked. The only way Valley Player knows you have paid via the ticketing system is through the code.

I’d be inclined to pay again on Valley Player and ask for a refund in CAFC cash on Monday.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    fmaddick said:

Yep - if you have Sky, you are actually much better off not having bought any of the packages and just buying the games for cash individually. Millwall definitely televised, so you pay £80 max. Only need one more to be televised and you've saved £3.50 (no transaction fee).

Keep your CAFC Cash for next season and also save all this hassle. 

I think it’s very likely that fans who pay £73.50 via the ticketing system will end up worse off. However, if three or more games end up being televised there will be pressure on the club to compensate ST holders and if it’s two then the difference probably isn’t worth the nuisance of paying game by game.

• Options
    Ok. I slept on it. Have just logged in and redeemed my code and it says I’m successful. Hooray. Thanks to all for advice on this thread. Just one last question please. I’m liking both on a laptop and at the app on my phone. It’s not obvious from either where I actually find the live stream?  Sorry to be think but where is it/will it be?
  • Options
    Ok. I slept on it. Have just logged in and redeemed my code and it says I’m successful. Hooray. Thanks to all for advice on this thread. Just one last question please. I’m liking both on a laptop and at the app on my phone. It’s not obvious from either where I actually find the live stream?  Sorry to be think but where is it/will it be?

On Saturday coverage from the KCOM Stadium begins on Valley Pass at 2pm. If you have a pass, click here at that time to watch the live stream on your desktop or laptop. If you want to watch from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button

Advice

- Ahead of Saturday's game please access the test stream to make sure you’ll be able to gain access to Saturday’s game. Click here to test the live stream channel at any point on laptop or desktop. If you want to test from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button

• Options
    Yaaaaay. I’ve a successful test livestream. Burst my eardrums with the test signal but hey ho. 

Thanks all for you advice and guidance. Virtual beers to you all. 🍺 
  • Options
    Has anyone received a refund yet? I've heard nothing since submitting my online form.