Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Sat 20 June | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    great preview and as welcome as a glass of water for a man lost in the Sahara.
    We'll win this and go on to avoid relegation. I'd like to see McGeady and Hemed start, however the 5 subs rule gives all managers scope to mix and match more as the game pans out.
     Chatting to a Hull fan last week, his take is that the players are demoralised. City's situation, though not as precarious as ours is not good as the owner's family have cut investment and can't wait to sell up. 
    Let's hope my contact is right on the money. 
    (For anyone in the area who can't get TV coverage etc, the game will be broadcast on BBC Radio Humberside, though I am not sure that can be picked up on the internet)

Hull City 0 v CAFC 2
    I can understand why the fans believe that the players are demoralised. Captain and vice captain and the other two no shows will have been spreading a negative attitude in training and walking away yesterday will make it difficult for the manager to galvanise the rest of them in such a short period of time.
    Many of us would have experienced a good player leaving and it effects you. You feel let down. You feel negative about your chances of winning without them.
    Time and training gets you back up there. They haven’t got that.

IF we win this, they may well stay in the bottom three. Massive game.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Have to admit you look at the players that Hull have left and you have to question where their Championship talent / experience comes from

Its very much a squad of players that have tended to be successful in League One - I know we're very much the same but we do have a handful of players with that bit extra that you need in the Championship

Matthews - Williams - Pratley - McGeady the names Im thinking of... Whilst we may not get a win on Saturday (no guarantees) Id still question if its a matter of time before Hull do drop into the bottom three, especially when they lose Wilks

One fan I spoke to on twitter yesterday said that with Kingsley refusing to play they've now only got the one Full-Back and no wingers - Of course they'll have kids who will have to step up but as we saw during our worst period of the season, kids have a lot of effort and enthusiasm etc. but the lack of experience will be telling
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bowyer said Aneke, Page and McGeady shone in training/practice matches. Would potentially be a game changer if these three lived up to their potential.
    So hard to predict, but I’m fed up of doom and gloom, so I’m going for an unlikely 2-1 win. 
    I think if McGeady 'turns up', he can actually be a game changer. 
    Probably (definitely) an element of blind faith, but I've got a feeling McGeady could be really important for us over the next 9 games.

No doubt I'll be eating my words in a few weeks...
    I sincerely hope you’re right but I’m the complete opposite.  I think he’s a spent force and will hop from club to club for the next couple years for a pension doing the minimum required to keep fit, again, would love to be wrong.
  • Options
    I'd be happy not to lose this game and would settle for a point, having said that it going to be strange for both sides so let's nick it, 0-1 Bonne with something special. 
  • Options
    We are we with McGeady and what can we reasonably expect for the next nine games? With five subs allowed I think he could be very useful playing in short bursts. 

He has had a really chequered career but what gives me some hope was his season with Preston a couple of years ago where he won their player of the year. 

I recently listened to an interview with him for the Preston Official Website where he said that he wanted to continue playing for as long as possible. He indicated that he would rather play 'than sit at Sunderland and just collect my money '.

I suspect it is very unlikely that he would move here full time or that we could afford him but this is an opportunity for him to be in the shop window. 

For this reason I think he will be motivated. The question is has he still got the ability. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If McGeady makes me eat my words, I'll...have eaten my words
  • Options
    I think some of our players will benefit from no crowd (Aneke, McGeady, Hemed etc.) as a lot of people are so quick to get their backs, they can just focus on playing football  
    Arsenal are a team who could really benefit from the situation 
  • Options
    The extended break makes you forget just how shyte we were before it. I’m hoping that the Taylor scenario will have galvanised the others rather than the opposite. Hull look to have been even more badly affected by recalcitrants and if anything their form was even more shyte than ours before the cease fire. For a gloomy bugger I’m feeling surprisingly confident about this one. 2-1 Charlton. COYR. 
  • Options
    Sunderland mate said McGeady will be your best player. He hasn't been, but now perhaps he can show it. One nil Charlton, McGeady.
  • Options
    0-2 to LB's Red and White Army.
  • Options

Mate of mine has put £100 on us to win this weekend.

I'm confident we can win, but not that confident.

• Options

Money where his mouth is. Impressed.

Were the odds good?
  • Options
    2-1 to cafc. Bonne and sarr in stoppage time. 
    Maddison red for them. 

Come on you reds 
  • Options
    I've got a feeling something strange will happen. 
    Large will bundle over their goalie and the ball will bounce in the goal off Golfie's bum while his looking for his lost contact lens.
  • Options
    Maddison won't be involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    Maddison red for them. 

Come on you reds 
    Wouldnt suggest you putting money on that red card
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Were the odds good?
    23/10 so a £330 return incl. stake.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Were the odds good?
    23/10 so a £330 return incl. stake.
    I sincerely hopes he wins!
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Maddison red for them. 

Come on you reds 
    Assume hes not playing then lol. thats good news
  • Options
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    Maddison red for them. 

Come on you reds 
    Assume hes not playing then lol. thats good news
    Hull have already confirmed he's doing a Lyle Taylor and doesnt want to play
  • Options
    I think the game will be higher scoring than we might expect normally due to rustiness on both sides. If we can score first we will win. 4-2 Addicks Bonne 2 Williams Pearce
    Can't wait to get going again!
  • Options
    I think the game will be higher scoring than we might expect normally due to rustiness on both sides. If we can score first we will win. 4-2 Addicks Bonne 2 Williams Pearce
    I have serious concerns we will score 4 goals in our last 9 matches. 
    Let alone score 4 against Hull.
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton....Lets just go for it!!

Bonne x 2
  • Options
    I have serious concerns we will score 4 goals in our last 9 matches. 
    Let alone score 4 against Hull.
    You're right of course. 1-0 Vs Hull and 7 draws two being score draws and one 18-0 defeat should see us safe.