Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Sat 20 June | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    He's on the Squad for the last 9 thread, but is yet to inspire any confidence compared to others, can we swap him back for Gallagher?
  • Options
    2-0 Taylor and Solly. 
    Don't tell him everyone...
  • Options
    9 nil nil draws earn us safety as Bowyer decides to take a pragmatic approach to survival
  • Options
    I expect we'll be leading 1-0 in the 85th minute.

Then Bows will make his substitutions and the whole team retreat into our own penalty box. The ref will add 7 mins of Added Time .... and you know what happens next. :neutral:

• Options
    9 nil nil draws earn us safety as Bowyer decides to take a pragmatic approach to survival
    Wanna bet? We could have a Nils Wager
  • Options
    What pub is everyone drinking in.....oops!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Matthews, Cullen, Pratley, Williams, Doughty

Green, Bonne . 
    I like it.
  • Options
    Hull fans seem very confident on their own forums 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Green, Bonne . 
    @wmcf123
    Quick attacking side, not sure how well it'll work defensively
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sage said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Green, Bonne . 
    I like it.
    I think it lacks creativity. We saw this before the break but with Taylor. For games away to the likes of Leeds I'm for it. But Hull are a relegation threatened side and we need to go and try to win. Cullen and Pratley in central midfield don't offer enough creativity. It allows their two holding players (Stewart and Lopes or whomever) to focus on Williams, and then leaves the two forwards isolated. 

I think this is how it will actually look most of the time:
    ...........................Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce(C) Sarr Doughty
    .......................Cullen Pratley
    ..........................Williams
    ......................Green Bonne

And going on past performances, it creates a "broken team" in which the front three are isolated from the rest, and we've not shown ourselves to be good enough in possession to build through midfield playing to feet. I think a 4-4-2 Diamond and JFC help us with both of those things. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I feel quite optimistic but we were playing some awful football before the 'break'. Hopefully it has done us some good and we can come out firing before the other teams get their act together
  • Options
    Could you put a link on?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Sage said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Green, Bonne . 
    I like it.
    I think it lacks creativity. We saw this before the break but with Taylor. For games away to the likes of Leeds I'm for it. But Hull are a relegation threatened side and we need to go and try to win. Cullen and Pratley in central midfield don't offer enough creativity. It allows their two holding players (Stewart and Lopes or whomever) to focus on Williams, and then leaves the two forwards isolated. 

I think this is how it will actually look most of the time:
    ...........................Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce(C) Sarr Doughty
    .......................Cullen Pratley
    ..........................Williams
    ......................Green Bonne

And going on past performances, it creates a "broken team" in which the front three are isolated from the rest, and we've not shown ourselves to be good enough in possession to build through midfield playing to feet. I think a 4-4-2 Diamond and JFC help us with both of those things. 
    You make very good points and that is how we are likely to be a lot of the time when we don’t have the ball. However, what this formation does allow when we have the ball is Matthews and Doughty to push high and be the wide men, it allows Sarr to venture into midfield and because you still have Lockyer and Pearce, Pratley will be the protector whilst Cullen and Williams can get forward. It’s not the best approach, and personally isn’t the approach I would take with this game, hence my preview on the first page. But this way does have its benefits, including 3 centre backs who is likely going to have to deal with at least one of Eaves and Magennis.

The fact we have the ability to make 5 subs now means we could see a lot of changes tactically to suit the personnel we are directly up against. If Hull were to play both Eaves and Magennis, I wouldn’t like to see us play a back 4 as that’s asking a lot for the centre backs to win the first ball. 
  • Options
    Could you put a link on?

https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-charlton.384120/

This is the one I've just started reading.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    With 5 subs there's plenty of scope for changing tactics and personnel
  • Options
    Could you put a link on?

https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-charlton.384120/

This is the one I've just started reading.

And I thought our threads went off topic! 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Green, Bonne . 
    I like it.
    Really like that too! With the likes Chucks, Tomer, AIden and Erhun to come on for a bit of impact if needs be!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Sage said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Phillips

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr

Green, Bonne . 
    I like it.
    Really like that too! With the likes Chucks, Tomer, AIden and Erhun to come on for a bit of impact if needs be!
    Thought Alden was refusing to play after the club forgot his birthday?
  • Options
    The Last Chance Saloon.
  • Options
    The Last Chance Saloon.
    Circus Tavern ?
  • Options
    Can’t see us getting a result. Without our talisman Taylor we are lacking the bullying center forward that he is. Sad to say although he is dead to me.
  • Options
    Just seen a report from Sports Mole on the News Now site which appears totally at odds with what I have read about this fixtures team news.

Multiple Hull players out in addition to the 4 out of contract players
    Leko is likely to partner Bonne upfront. 
    Mcgeady has gone back to Sunderland. 

Apologies for not providing the link.
    https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hull-city/preview/preview-hull-vs-charlton-prediction-team-news-lineups_402951.html