Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Danepak said:
    Webbja77 said:
    Huddersfield won’t be picking up any more points and Barnsley will get 3 max
    Oh yes, they'll get 3 points at the toolbox on the final day of the season.
    That's what worries me too. In their heads, the Millwall players will be on the beach.

And if it stiffs us over, Scum will think it's a good day's work.

Didn't you get the memo?
    Turns out they don't care. 
  • Options
    Plenty more twists and turns to come just hope we’re on our game today, didn’t think I’d be glued to watching Huddersfield v Luton!
  • Options
    I think it could all get very tight with 7 or 8 teams within 3 or 4 points of each other. 
    Could! It is bloody tight.
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    If Brentford and Forest have secured a play off spot they could field weakened teams against Barnsley saving players for the 2 legs 
    This is actually a very worrying concern!
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Webbja77 said:
    If Brentford and Forest have secured a play off spot they could field weakened teams against Barnsley saving players for the 2 legs 
    They could. But in Brentford's case, they'll still be an excellent side. 

Dangerous game though. I remember Bowyer mucking about a bit away to Rochdale and we lost against a crap side. We then had no momentum going into the play-off with Shrewsbury. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    RedRyan said:
    Webbja77 said:

Dangerous game though. I remember Bowyer mucking about a bit away to Rochdale and we lost against a crap side. We then had no momentum going into the play-off with Shrewsbury. 
    Thanks to WBA drawing yesterday, Brentford still have a chance of automatic, especially as their GD is so good. They certainly won't be saving players for the playoffs
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    RedRyan said:
    Webbja77 said:

Thanks to WBA drawing yesterday, Brentford still have a chance of automatic, especially as their GD is so good. They certainly won't be saving players for the playoffs
    WBA play Fulham this week, win for Fulham and they're back with a chance of automatic promotion.
  • Options
    Millsmall Wot a bunch of cnuts. Rather bin their own season than play properly. Doesn't matter. 6 out of the next 9 points and the Reds staying up
    Maybe they are saying that they need to win to keep us up, thus effectively guaranteeing  an easy 6 points next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sage said:
    Beat Wigan and we stay up. Said it last week, and believe it even more now.
    What? You believe that would be the case, or you believe that we'll win?

Personally, I'm more hopeful of points against Leeds, which in itself is quite forlorn.
  • Options

Assumes Wigan and Sheff Weds deducted 12 points each...

Stoke and Barnsley have toughest run ins I think.  Birmingham's last two are not easy if we can beat them.

Stoke.                      3 points ahead
    Bristol C 
    Brentford 
    Forest 

Birmingham:.          3 points ahead
    Charlton 
    Preston 
    Derby 

Middlesbrough:.     1 point ahead
    Reading 
    Cardiff 
    Sheff Wed

Huddersfield:.         1 point ahead
    Sheff Wed 
    West Brom 
    Millwall 

Charlton:
    Birmingham 
    Wigan 
    Leeds 

Hull:.             1.point behind
    Wigan 
    Luton 
    Cardiff 

Luton:.          2 points behind
    QPR 
    Hull 
    Blackburn 

Sheffield Wednesday.   3 points behind
    Huddersfield
    Fulham
    Middlesbrough

Barnsley:.     3 points behind
    Leeds 
    Forest 
    Brentford 

Wigan:.        4 points behind
    Hull 
    Charlton 
    Fulham 
  • Options
    Big big night of football Tuesday evening a win for Luton and Hull and our backs would really be up against the wall.Seeing those sides play one another this coming Saturday.
    On Wedsneday Birmingham v Charlton hard place to go at the best of times and with our lack of goals from our front men things not looking good.

Also the little matter of Wigan on Saturday..By 3pm 18thjuly we could be at best looking to beat Leeds at Elland Road to stay up.

Barnsley,Charlton,Huddersfield my bottom three.

• Options
    Big big night of football Tuesday evening a win for Luton and Hull and our backs would really be up against the wall.Seeing those sides play one another this coming Saturday.
    On Wedsneday Birmingham v Charlton hard place to go at the best of times and with our lack of goals from our front men things not looking good.

Also the little matter of Wigan on Saturday..By 3pm 18thjuly we could be at best looking to beat Leeds at Elland Road to stay up.

Barnsley,Charlton,Huddersfield my bottom three.

I'm assuming you think Wigan's deduction will be overturned then?

If Hull win on Tuesday, that leaves Wigan on 42 with the deduction (as they play each other) . So you have them overtaking Huddersfield with 2 games left, who are already on 47?

Also, you have both Hull and Luton surviving, even though they're both currently in the relegation zone and both still have to play each other? 

I'm not looking at this with rose-tinted glasses, and I'm very much 50:50 on whether I think we will survive, but for me you have to have one of Hull, Luton or Wigan in the bottom 3 just based on the fact that 2/3 are already there (deduction or no deduction) and they face one another. 
  • Options
    Beat Brum then draw with Wigan, and that probably will be enough (50 points) as Wigan (net 42 currently) won't be able to overtake us, and while not impossible mathematically, it seems really unlikely that Hull AND Luton would reach the 51 needed to overtake us due to their worse GD.
    Hull would need 2 wins
    Luton would need 2 wins and a draw

And we may be ahead of one of the teams currently on 47 or 49 points

But it all depends on beating Brum...

• Options
    I have no fucking clue.
  • Options
    I have no fucking clue.
    Golfaddick finally admits truth on CL ;-)
  • Options
    Or is it the Sunday night unloading of his sack that has led to his epiphany 
  • Options
    I fear we may slip into the bottom three on the last day of the season like we did in the last game before lockdown. A win at Birmingham is the solution.
  • Options
    Beat Wigan and we almost definitely stay up. They won’t escape the 12 point penalty. Barnsley look gone. Boro or Hull to take the 3rd relegation place. Lose to Wigan and we are gone. If we draw, god knows what happens!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beat Birmingham on Wednesday (we go above them on GD) and I think they could be the ones to go.
    They face playoff chasing Preston and Derby in their final 2 games.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Beat Birmingham on Wednesday (we go above them on GD) and I think they could be the ones to go.
    They face playoff chasing Preston and Derby in their final 2 games.
    Much depends on Hull v Luton. If Hull Win, I agree that beating Birmingham probably sends them down on 49 points with an inferior goal difference. I am still concerned that Leeds will thump us on the final day and crucify our better goal difference. Such a shame we screwed up the last 3 games which should have yielded 2-4 points. We have put the pressure on ourselves big time now.
  • Options
    We beat Wigan then they can't catch us. Barnsley would need to win at either Leeds or Brentford which isnt going to happen. Finally provided Hull do not beat Luton I can't see them taking 4 points from their 2 away games.

I said a while back that all this  talk of 53 points was fanciful. It is not inconceivable that our goal difference keeps us up on 48 points provided that includes a draw with Wigan. 
  • Options
    Beat Brum then draw with Wigan, and that probably will be enough (50 points) as Wigan (net 42 currently) won't be able to overtake us, and while not impossible mathematically, it seems really unlikely that Hull AND Luton would reach the 51 needed to overtake us due to their worse GD.
    Hull would need 2 wins

And don't forget Barnsley as well. 

I think 50 will definitely be enough. 
  • Options
    Hull would need 2 wins

And don't forget Barnsley as well. 

I think 50 will definitely be enough. 
    I've mentally discarded Barnsley, it's a very long shot they'll overtake us if we beat Brum
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    https://twitter.com/experimental361/status/1282617740319219712?s=21

With three rounds of fixtures to go, there still isn't a single Championship club mathematically guaranteed to be in the division next season.

(although that's ignoring the impact of Wigan's as-yet-unapplied points deduction)

A rare season, unbelievable there’s this much to play for with 3 games remaining. 
  • Options
    I think reading are now