Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    3 points from 9 and we are safe imo (as long as we don't get hammered and lose our goal difference advantage)
  • Options
    jams said:
    What results do we want tonight then? 
    Wigan to beat Hull... Wigan I feel needed four points from their four games prior to Fulham on the last day to recover the 12-pt deduction, the Barnsley draw scuppered that, failure to win tonight and I think they're gone

Luton to draw with QPR... Of course a win for the away team is the best result but they've been awful and dont see it happening

Sheffield Wednesday to beat Huddersfield, even if the former are given a points deduction I still think they're too strong a side and would get out of the bottom three anyway, Huddersfield on the other hand will surely be safe with a win now
    Surely you want a Hull win then?
    Sorry I worded that really badly as I always do

I think Wigan are gone now, they needed the 12-pts from these four game prior to the Fulham game... Because of the Barnsley draw I think they are gone

If Hull lose and we win tomorrow then thats them both four behind us, think anything other than a Hull win tonight dooms both Wigan and Hull

Barnsley I'm afraid are down, Saturday against Wigan was their last real hope of closing the gap enough to pinch a win - Of course we suddenly cant rule out Luton, I was a bit dismissive of them last week but regretting that a little bit now... Worst case tomorrow we draw which puts us above Middlesbrough and Huddersfield (I hope) meaning we just have to match their results for two games
    If Wigan beat Hull and us, they'll be on net 48 points before Fulham, so still with a great chance of staying up especially if we don't win tomorrow as their GD is good

Even if we beat Brum to go onto 49, if we lose to Leeds, a draw against Fulham will mean they overtake us
    But then will we be above Huddersfield and Middlesbrough?

Both of them have challenging fixtures: Sheff Wed | West Brom | Millwall for the former; Reading | Cardiff | Sheff Wed for the latter

I think if we can get three points tomorrow and go above those two then I think we'll stay above them
    I was commenting more on the Wigan perspective, as I still feel they can stay up
  • Options
    I cant see why people want Hull to get a draw.......let alone a win. 

You need 3 clubs to be below you after 46 games. Currently we have 3 teams below us. Therefore if they all lose their remaining matches then they can't catch us even if we lost all ours. Obviously some maybe playing each other & if do then you'd probably want those games to be draws.

And, if Wigan beat Hull they still have to beat us (after their points deduction) to go above us, therefore it's still in our hands.

No way do we want Hull to get any more points. At all.
    Wigan are effectively below us as well. The 12 point deduction gives them only 42 points. A draw would make it much harder for Wigan to overtake us AND still leave Hull below us on GD.
  • Options
    I cant see why people want Hull to get a draw.......let alone a win. 

You need 3 clubs to be below you after 46 games. Currently we have 3 teams below us. Therefore if they all lose their remaining matches then they can't catch us even if we lost all ours. Obviously some maybe playing each other & if do then you'd probably want those games to be draws.

And, if Wigan beat Hull they still have to beat us (after their points deduction) to go above us, therefore it's still in our hands.

No way do we want Hull to get any more points. At all.
    Wigan are effectively below us as well. The 12 point deduction gives them only 42 points. A draw would make it much harder for Wigan to overtake us AND still leave Hull below us on GD.
    Yes but we still have to play Wigan......dont lose to them & we stay above them. I wouldn't want go go into the last game relying on our GD to keep us up.......knowing that we were at Leeds.
  • Options
    Well right now after 33 mins, it's already Wigan 3 Hull 0.

That's one 6-pointer match that ain't gonna end in a draw.
  • Options
    And now after 35 mins, Reading 1 Boro 0

Is it all going to plan so far tonight?
  • Options
    Wigan 4 Hull o after 38 mins.

hull getting smashed.
  • Options
    Wigan going in dry
  • Options
    5-0 Wigan after 40 mins!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6!
  • Options
    6-0 before half time is insane. 
  • Options
    Err 7
  • Options
    Boro equalise
  • Options
    Hull's GD now stands at -24 and its only HT!!!
  • Options
    Wigan winning 7-0 at half time means they've cancelled out all their minus GD ....... now 0.
  • Options
    Can't wait to play Wigan on Saturday.
  • Options
    Wigan have scored more goals in 10 minutes than we have since football restarted ....
    Since January.
  • Options
    Just hope Wigan have losted that goal touch by saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Making up for Saturday, they didnt have a single shot on goal against Barnsley
  • Options
    Perhaps we could play Hull again on  Saturday instead?

• Options
    Hull need 2 points from their final two games to over take us if we do not get any more points. A draw for us tomorrow would mean they have to win one of their remaing games. 
  • Options
    Can’t wait to play Wigan!
  • Options
    Unbelievable, surely Hull manager has to be sacked for them to have any chance of staying up

Hull almost in a unrecoverable position you'd think after this 
  • Options
    We have to win tomrorrow, and I'm nowhere near being confident in us doing that. Bloody hate football!
  • Options
    Bet Luton can't wait to play hill now... Feck me you couldn't in all seriousness write this script... Not sure if I should laugh or cry and yet by some miracle we still have a chance to get out of this. 

I really hope LB is watching the Wigan game and thinking feck! I better go for it tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    And someone posted earlier, just because you've had a run of wins doesn't mean you'll win next time. A run had to end sometime. Saturday will be it.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    And someone posted earlier, just because you've had a run of wins doesn't mean you'll win next time. A run had to end sometime. Saturday will be it.
    Blimey, Golfie. That's not like you! :smile: