Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Stoke just lost 5 - 0 to Leeds. Their GD will change from -7 to -12.
    Hey presto we jump over Stoke cos our GD is -10!
  • Options
    Stoke just lost 5 - 0 to Leeds. Their GD will change from -7 to -12.
    Hey presto we jump over Stoke cos our GD is -10!
    That table I posted before you commented is how it looks now 
  • Options
    Obviously they're appealing, as they have nothing to lose by doing so.

Pretty sure Sheffield Wednesday will also appeal if they're given a deduction too, anything to try and string it out.

Worst case scenario they lose the appeal and get -12 anyway.
    Best case scenario, they win the appeal.
    Next best scenario, they drag it out so long they just start next season with -12 but stay in the championship for one more season.
    It should be in the rules that if you appeal you get another 12 deduction the following season. The rules are pretty clear......go into administration & you get deducted 12 points. No ifs or buts.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Very tight at the bottom. Just 4 points separate 6 teams from Hull upwards......and if Sheff W do get a points deduction of 9 points or more then they (as well as Wigan) are also in there. 
  • Options
    Just can't see the efl making a decision on Sheffield.... Think they will delay it until after the season. Not right but its what they do. 

As for Wigan.... they will not get away with it because the efl will be sued by every club that's been given a deduction... 
  • Options
    Just have a horrible feeling that Wigan will be shown leniency as the HK investors,who bailed out,did so due to the worldwide exceptional circumstances and financial impact from the virus. Just niggles away at me but hopefully I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Just have a horrible feeling that Wigan will be shown leniency as the HK investors,who bailed out,did so due to the worldwide exceptional circumstances and financial impact from the virus. Just niggles away at me but hopefully I'm wrong.
    It is not due to the virus. The virus had nothing to do with it. The virus is not a consideration.
    The club was bought during the virus. Football had re-started.
  • Options
    great result here and a free place move. If we keep it tight that’s worth a point on Stoke 
  • Options
    I can’t see them not docking points, but the thing is, hopefully we’ll get to the point where we don’t want Wigan to have points docked this season. 
    If we finish above three other teams and Wigan finish 12 points clear of relegation, then they should be docked 12 points next year which would give us a better chance of yet another year in the Championship. 
  • Options
    I can’t see them not docking points, but the thing is, hopefully we’ll get to the point where we don’t want Wigan to have points docked this season. 
    If we finish above three other teams and Wigan finish 12 points clear of relegation, then they should be docked 12 points next year which would give us a better chance of yet another year in the Championship. 
    Sadly that's not how it works though. 

I'm 99% certain that their point deduction will stand. The 1% is because we are dealing with the EFL and as we know they are a law unto themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan will definitely be docked 12 this season. The only way it could be next season is if they would have been relegated without a deduction. They already have 53 so that is not going to happen.
  • Options
    I believe even with a 12 point deduction Wigan will survive.
    It wouldnt surprise me but if they do it probably means then beating us .....which would lead to us going down instead.
  • Options
    It wouldnt surprise me but if they do it probably means then beating us .....which would lead to us going down instead.
    Not at all, 4 teams below us.. match there results and we are fine. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Not at all, 4 teams below us.. match there results and we are fine. 
    Including Weds..5 teams  :)
  • Options
    I know we're not brilliant, but we would not lose 5-0 to Leeds.
  • Options
    Sadly that's not how it works though. 

I'm 99% certain that their point deduction will stand. The 1% is because we are dealing with the EFL and as we know they are a law unto themselves.
    I think you’re right actually golfie - I think I was thinking of the situation where if Wigan were to be relegated even without the deduction, then their points deduction would be carried over. 
    It does seem to me though, that points deductions issued mid season ought to be carried over In any situation where those deductions are of little consequence. For example, Birmingham’s 9 points deduction from last year should be applied to this year, which would put them in deep shit. And deservedly so.
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Wigan:
    Barnsley (A)
    Hull (H)
    Charlton (A)
    Fulham (H)

Barnsley:
    Wigan (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Forest (H)
    Brentford (A)

Luton:
    QPR (H)
    Hull (A)
    Blackburn (H)

Hull:
    Millwall (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Luton (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Stoke:
    Birmingham (H)
    Bristol C (A)
    Brentford (H)
    Forest (A)

Charlton:
    Reading (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Wigan (H)
    Leeds (A)

Huddersfield:
    Sheff Wed (A)
    West Brom (H)
    Millwall (A)

Middlesbrough:
    Bristol C (H)
    Reading (A)
    Cardiff (H)
    Sheff Wed (A)

Birmingham:
    Stoke (A)
    Charlton (H)
    Preston (A)
    Derby (H)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah but if you’re bored... feel free to have a go. :-)

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=2
  • Options
    I’ve got a horrible feeling I’m not going to enjoy the next 10 days. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield could be in trouble with those fixtures 
  • Options
    Huddersfield won’t be picking up any more points and Barnsley will get 3 max
  • Options
    Huddersfield could be in trouble with those fixtures 
    And they played rubbish today against Luton.
  • Options
    I think it could all get very tight with 7 or 8 teams within 3 or 4 points of each other. 
  • Options
    I have Barnsley, Hull & Stoke @ 12/1 for relegation. . . Beginning to smoke 😉😉 . . . 

• Options
    Webbja77 said:
    If Brentford and Forest have secured a play off spot they could field weakened teams against Barnsley saving players for the 2 legs 
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    Oh yes, they'll get 3 points at the toolbox on the final day of the season.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Webbja77 said:
    Oh yes, they'll get 3 points at the toolbox on the final day of the season.
    That's what worries me too. In their heads, the Millwall players will be on the beach.

And if it stiffs us over, Scum will think it's a good day's work.