Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Surprised we haven't been linked to any centre backs or had any playing as triallists
    I am aware of a centre back we spoke too back at the start of the month. I am under the impression deal has been agreed. Should be done this week (If embargo is cleared)
    Any clues as to who it is without giving it away?
    Free transfer. Experienced centre half played 300+ games in championship. 
    Sigh!!... I've got to go search for Championship CB's with over so many games now!!
  • Surprised we haven't been linked to any centre backs or had any playing as triallists
    I am aware of a centre back we spoke too back at the start of the month. I am under the impression deal has been agreed. Should be done this week (If embargo is cleared)
    Any clues as to who it is without giving it away?
    Free transfer. Experienced centre half played 300+ games in championship. 
    Sigh!!... I've got to go search for Championship CB's with over so many games now!!
    This looks a good place to start.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2
  • Ryan Shotton? Been linked with him before i.believe?
  • Two other names I wouldnt mind going for seeing they're freebies (Depending on their situation though!!)

Callum McManaman and Mamadou Thiam

But yeah I reckon its Ryan Shooten that Southwest_Addicks is hinting
  • Harley Dean?

i wanted is to go for Tyler Walker But he just signed for Coventry. Might be interesting to see how he gets on this season
  • Two other names I wouldnt mind going for seeing they're freebies (Depending on their situation though!!)

The few games I've seen him in he looks solid enough especially for league 1
  • Swisdom said:
    Harley Dean?

i wanted is to go for Tyler Walker But he just signed for Coventry. Might be interesting to see how he gets on this season
    Harlee Dean is still @ Birmingham

Harley Dean makes me question what you've been doing recently :D
  • Couldn't find anyone there (I just looked at released center backs, might have missed a player who's primary position is a fullback but can fill in at center back), closest I saw was Matthew Connolly with 272: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matthew-connolly/profil/spieler/34559
  • Sponsored links:

• My guess is Jason shackell, getting on a bit now though.
  • At best he will be a back up centre half. Doubt he will play more than 15 matches this season. I’ll ask my mate again to see whether I am allowed to name it. 
  • Not ryan Shotton then
  • Shackell or James Collins maybe? 
  • Maybe Daniel Ayala?
  • Definitely not Ayala. 

• Shackell or James Collins maybe? 
    Thought James Collins had retired. 

McManaman is training with Wigan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Two other names I wouldnt mind going for seeing they're freebies (Depending on their situation though!!)

can Wigan sign players?
  • Mariappa is available but I’d guess he’ll be on good money
  • mart77 said:
    Maybe Daniel Ayala?
    No chance on that one 
  • Richard J said:
    Two other names I wouldnt mind going for seeing they're freebies (Depending on their situation though!!)

can Wigan sign players?
    I imagine he'd want to join them if they get taken over. His first main club after all
  • jams said:
    Let's be honest we've been winging it for years with our squads, and it's only because of bowyer , Jacko and gallens magic we've had any semblance of success. How nice would it be have a settled squad on reasonable contracts and not relying on loans ) youth for the starting 11!
    Plus we’d be able to keep hold of any dissent loans for an entire season. 
  • Wonder if we'll dip into the scandi market.

What Sven Goran Ericsson doing these days?
  • Wonder if we'll dip into the scandi market.

What Sven Goran Ericsson doing these days?
    Probably a bit past it, but our squad is very thin and beggars can’t be choosers.