Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Wrong thread I know.......but seeing as we have 3 players called up does that mean we can get the League Cup game called off ?
  • Wrong thread I know.......but seeing as we have 3 players called up does that mean we can get the League Cup game called off ?
    Depends if Lockyer still here. To be honest might as well play it and get it out the way 
    Depends if Lockyer still here. To be honest might as well play it and get it out the way 
    Once we sign Messi, Ronaldo and Pogba we'll have 3 players called up anyway
  • Clarke-Harris won’t be on our list, he’s signed for Peterborough.
  • Birmingham have signed a Spanish goalkeeper....Andres Prieto.

Could be good news for our chances of keeping Dillon.
  • Surprised we haven't been linked to any centre backs or had any playing as triallists
  • Sign him up & he'll score the winner at the Toolbox one day.
  • I’ll Grant you a like for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Would prefer Matthews to Lockyer anyway
    Not when we only have Deji at centre half 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Would prefer Matthews to Lockyer anyway
    Pratley can play there.
  • How long is Pearce out for?
  • How long is Pearce out for?
    6 weeks. Which means 12. 
  • edited August 2020
    I'm not surprised we have players lined up. Players will look at us and our new owner and see us a great opportunity. IF the takeover happens
  • edited August 2020
    So if the takeover happens we are allowed to bring in more players despite already having 23 that have played first team football... Is that right?

Assume 1 would be Matthews - so 4-5 more.  I wonder if perms or still some loans on top of that..
  • So if the takeover happens we are allowed to bring in more players despite already having 23 that have played first team football... Is that right?

Assume 1 would be Matthews - so 4-5 more.  I wonder if perms or still some loans on top of that..
    Might be that if the embargo is lifted bowyer happy to let some youngsters go out on loan as know we can replace them where at the moment we need them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So if the takeover happens we are allowed to bring in more players despite already having 23 that have played first team football... Is that right?

The embargo is specific to us and ESI. There is/may be a more general limit on squad sizes, but we're well under that as it won't apply to under 21s anyway
  • If it is six

2 X RB . Matthews and Brown (trialist ?)
    1X LB
    2X CB
    1X Striker ( number 9) .

Ideally I would want another DM and striker as well .
  • Who is Brown? Do you mean Clarke?
  • wmcf123 said:
    Would prefer Matthews to Lockyer anyway
    Pratley can play there.
    Me too 

There is no official squad limit.

The EFL made that up just for us as a reason to not let us sign any more players. They basically said "you've got 23 players who've made a senior appearance so you can make do with that number until you sort your ownership shit out".

If TS takes over we can sign who we want as long as we fall within the salary cap. Although given the Championship have rejected the salary cap i'm not sure how it will be enforced in the other 2 leagues.
  • Who is Brown? Do you mean Clarke?
    Sorry . Yes I do
  • edited August 2020
    Richard J said:
    If it is six

2 X RB . Matthews and Brown (trialist ?)
    1X LB
    2X CB
    1X Striker ( number 9) .

Ideally I would want another DM and striker as well .
    We know we're after a winger or two, I'm sure Bowyer or Gallen were quoted in a SLP article. We were after Kieran Sadlier from Doncaster but he signed for Rotherham.

More recently Bowyer said we needed 10 players, so it would probably be your six, a couple of wingers and perhaps another CM and a striker.
  • Surprised we haven't been linked to any centre backs or had any playing as triallists
    I am aware of a centre back we spoke too back at the start of the month. I am under the impression deal has been agreed. Should be done this week (If embargo is cleared)
    Any clues as to who it is without giving it away?