Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    To add to the comment salary caps though , does anyone think being a London club is a massive disadvantage as with house prices the way they are , your not going to get much bang for your buck on 1.3k a week 
    If TS takes over we can then offer players 2k a week.

I'm sure most players could live comfortably in a nice house/apartment on 8k a month.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    To add to the comment salary caps though , does anyone think being a London club is a massive disadvantage as with house prices the way they are , your not going to get much bang for your buck on 1.3k a week 
    If TS takes over we can then offer players 2k a week.

I'm sure most players could live comfortably in a nice house/apartment on 8k a month.
    I think the point is that the same salary in Accrington or Wigan goes a lot further than it does in London. Meaning more money left over for Range Rovers and bitches (or to save for retirement)
  • I thought the cap was set at £2.5m amongst the squad Not individually. We could pay our first choice keeper £5,000 a week and our reserve keeper £500 but can’t exceed £2.5m
  • I thought the cap was set at £2.5m amongst the squad Not individually. We could pay our first choice keeper £5,000 a week and our reserve keeper £500 but can’t exceed £2.5m

Still not ideal though. You're probably not going to get a very good player for £500 a week so a few injuries and suspensions later you have a severely weakened team.
  • edited August 2020
    Or you buy some really good players who are say 20/21 and who don't come into the salary cap. 
  • Any transfer rumours on this thread 
    Behave. You want the thread next door. This is all to do with the salary cap bollox, despite what it says on the tin. 
    Yes we are signing someone called Salary.
  • Ok I'll shut up then 
  • What happens if you buy a 20 year old on £10k PW (hypothetical as would not happen in L1).  He doesn't count whilst under 21 but does on his birthday?  So then you have to release someone mid contract as you are over?  Of course you can't do that unless they want to go.. all gets very complicated

• Sponsored links:

• Do loans count towards this cap? Who pays the player us or his parent cub?
  • What happens if you buy a 20 year old on £10k PW (hypothetical as would not happen in L1).  He doesn't count whilst under 21 but does on his birthday?  So then you have to release someone mid contract as you are over?  Of course you can't do that unless they want to go.. all gets very complicated

I would assume it’s treated in the same way as contracts for players relegated from the Championship are, the average is used rather than the real value.

It’ll encourage teams to bring through and sign young players, and before 21 they’ll presumably be able to have clauses around increases based on first team appearances etc.
  • Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    If you have the money you could buy the house and rent it the player. There are loads of ways around the cap.
    Clever!! We have a city apartment and a Range Rover to offer our next signing. Seriously though, could the club paying rent or a lease car be a legitimate way around the salary cap?

Of course. It is a benefit which he will pay tax on but will not go through the payroll. No employers or employees NIC either.

But why stop there? Mortgage, school fees, medical insurance, gas bill, cleaner, gardener, holidays, etc etc. You could leave his wages as his pocket money.

• iaitch said:
    Do loans count towards this cap? Who pays the player us or his parent cub?
    I would assume it's the share of the wages you're paying which counts, e.g. if a player is on £5k a week and we pay £2k, it's the £2k which is included
  • iaitch said:
    Do loans count towards this cap? Who pays the player us or his parent cub?
    I would assume it's the share of the wages you're paying which counts, e.g. if a player is on £5k a week and we pay £2k, it's the £2k which is included
    Or pay their club a signing on fee and pay no wages. Simples!
  • Sign a player as a coach as well like Derby did with Rooney.
    Set up a sham company like SW and pay him through that company.
    Include a loyalty payment to made on promotion or the end of the cap.

The cap is just there to help member clubs negotiate lower wages.
  • edited August 2020
    A question for people more in the know than I...

With this salary cap (if we become a normal club again and out of this horrible embargo) it appears that we can offer u21 players whatever we want. 

Does that mean theoretically we could offer say Doughty £8,000 a week on a 6 year contract and because we offered it to him now before he was 21 it would remain like that or would his pay immediately be lowered when he turned 22?
  • RC_CAFC said:
    A question for people more in the know than I...

With this salary cap (if we become a normal club again and out of this horrible embargo) it appears that we can offer u21 players whatever we want. 

Does that mean theoretically we could offer say Doughty £8,000 a week on a 6 year contract and because we offered it to him now before he was 21 it would remain like that or would his pay immediately be lowered when he turned 22?
    Yes.
    Yes we are signing someone called Salary.
    Shame he is not called 'Celery' for then he would be very tasty and make crunching tackles.
  • Window shuts 16th October I’ve just read, plenty of time for additions “if” the new owner is confirmed this month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Totally appreciate Bow’s frustration, but the bottom line is until TS or a n other passes the OADT nothing is going to be lifted. At that point, if we get there (🤞🏻) I hope we will see a combination of 5 incredibly good PREM loans and a few more bodies at £2k p/w to bolster our numbers. 

We took some very good L1 standard players eg Aneke, Oshilaja, Oztumer to give it a go in the Championship. Once we have increased our squad numbers, I would expect them combined with JFC, Williams, Gilbey, Washington, Doughty, Morgan etc to tear it up in this division. I am not feeling so sorry for our position right now, acknowledging that we do need that embargo lifted before the transfer window closes and Lee does need some extra ££££s to play with, particularly on loans.

I am clearly starting to get rose tint fever, but it is nice to feel a bit more optimistic than I have for weeks!
  • According to sky sports we have signed Ethan Ampardu 
  • So Ethan Ampadu is signing for us from Chelsea, is he?
  • edited August 2020
    Yeah I can't see that happening!!

He'll surely got to a Premier League team on loan
  • Yeah I can't see that happening!!

He'll surely got to a Premier League team on loan
    Yea it's a typo. But it made me smile
  • Leo Messi is available...
  • edited August 2020
    Leo Messi is available...
    Yea think training under Bows will allow him to take the next step.
  • Leo Messi is available...
    We are going to follow the Brentford way, sign young inexperience players from clubs desperate to sell for little money and sell on after one season at a good profit, not an old man passed his best like Messi  :)