Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Looks like Matthews has had his head turned and could be off 
    ??
  • I think I asked about the transfer window and @paulie8290confirmed that October 5th is the latest date players can sign from non-EFL but that October 16th is the latest date for signings from EFL clubs. 

May have misread or misremembered this though?
    ??
    Louis Mendez said he is considering his options and him signing for us is now not a cert 
  • I think I asked about the transfer window and @paulie8290confirmed that October 5th is the latest date players can sign from non-EFL but that October 16th is the latest date for signings from EFL clubs. 

May have misread or misremembered this though?
    You are correct. The Oct 5th is more for EU & Premiership. EFL teams have until 16th. 
  • Shame really... Bowyer wants to loan out Davison

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-has-striker-loan-plan/

Hopefully thats a sign of how confident he is about getting cover
  • edited September 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Good idea I reckon. Winnall, Bonne, Aneke and Washington would be decent options. 
    Yeah if we do get a full compliment of Strikers then Davison is going to be stuck playing U23s

Think last season and these few pre-season games have proven he's better than that now and will waste his potential
  • a League 2 loan move for Davison make sense for his development. Hopefully TS makes this happen. 
  • Good idea I reckon. Winnall, Bonne, Aneke and Washington would be decent options. 
    Winnall wld be class for league 1 but not sure aneke will be fit for long abit like last season better an impact sub anyway plus not sure bowyer thinks of him as an out and out forward

i say winnall and one other out and out goalscorer in
    Winnall wld be class for league 1 but not sure aneke will be fit for long abit like last season better an impact sub anyway plus not sure bowyer thinks of him as an out and out forward

Signing an out and out goalscorer is going to be very very difficult. I think Bonne, Winnall and Washington will be as good as it gets. 

Signing an out and out goalscorer is going to be very very difficult. I think Bonne, Winnall and Washington will be as good as it gets. 
    The other option is we bring in some 18 / 19-year old from someone like Arsenal etc. who has been hitting the goals in the youth teams hoping they do similar for us
  • I’ll be honest in that I don’t see the three of Washington, Bonne & Aneke being anywhere near good enough for a team hoping for promotion. Of course we might yet get in another striker who could make the difference but as we stand I’m not at all convinced. We also need to get goals from all over the pitch to get promoted. That’s been a problem for a while and I’ve not seen anything to substantially alter that. A lot of work for Bowyer and Gallen to do. 
    Agree with this although the formation could play a big part. If we go back to the diamond Oztumer's previous form in this division could be huge as 8-12 goals from him would be very very useful. 

We'll definitely sign another striker, and I do think it will be Winnall.
  • Sponsored links:

• If anything you need a strong defence at this level

Stop the opposition from scoring and you only need one chance yourself and because of the standard, chances will come!! 
  • Pens will come into it as well. That certainly helped massage Taylor's figures. Although I doubt Bonne will be first choice. Maybe Gilbey?
  • If anything you need a strong defence at this level

Stop the opposition from scoring and you only need one chance yourself and because of the standard, chances will come!! 
    which at the moment consists of Amos, Deji and Purrington....
  • First time I've opened this thread as prior to yesterday's court decision there wasn't much point. And what do I see.......Purse and Mullins touted again! :)
  • Bonne isn't obviously quite Taylor in terms of all around ability, but I think he can get 15 in League One as our main striker as he does seem to have great instincts and his physical ability/pace is probably more overpowering at this level for defenders. 

I can't see Aneke/Washington getting 10 though so we definitely need someone else too, obviously presuming TS takes charge and we can afford to.

Probably need more of a goal scoring midfielder somewhere too, I can see Doughty scoring a few if he's on the left wing but not sure who else would chip in. Forster-Caskey maybe
  • We definitely need more quality up front. Washington is a decent signing for L1 but he's an "ESI level" signing if that makes sense, someone you bring in because your budget is tight

Yann and BWP
    Taylor and Grant

That's the level we need to be approaching
    My thoughts also, it’s all well and good saying they’d be good at this level but are they promotion good?

The partnerships you’ve mentioned back this up, harsh as it sounds on Bonne/Washington I think we still very much need our guaranteed hitman.