Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I was hoping we'd sign one before the weekend, even if it wasn't Matthews
    I’m surprised also seen as Lockyer left.
  • Any actual rumours...?  Any idea who the 5 or 6 players LB has lined up. 
    I would imagine that is being kept close until we can actually begin the process of signing !
  • I would sooner know when they are signed up rather than all the rumour, hearsay, gossip, itk stuff.
  • iaitch said:
    I would sooner know when they are signed up rather than all the rumour, hearsay, gossip, itk stuff.
    This is the rumours thread it's what it's here for
  • Good move for him as family and friends live in beautiful town of Eastbourne. Didn’t work out for in Sunderland so got an opportunity to join another big club at this division. Very experienced defender and will give us some height at the back. 
    I suspected it was Lynch from your earlier description. Left footed so a perfect replacement for Naby and cover for Pearce.

Still need to replace Lockyer though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good move for him as family and friends live in beautiful town of Eastbourne. Didn’t work out for in Sunderland so got an opportunity to join another big club at this division. Very experienced defender and will give us some height at the back. 
    He mentioned earlier during COVID that he'd regretted turning down the offer of a two year deal @ Sunderland as hoped a Championship club would show interest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53282799

Hopefully he's seeing us as a good prospect and is happy to wait for things to sort themselves out, as bet he wont get many better offers in terms of club status
  • Richard J said:
    Good move for him as family and friends live in beautiful town of Eastbourne. Didn’t work out for in Sunderland so got an opportunity to join another big club at this division. Very experienced defender and will give us some height at the back. 
    I suspected it was Lynch from your earlier description. Left footed so a perfect replacement for Naby and cover for Pearce.

Could argue that Oshilaja should be good enough at this level to be the man to replace Lockyer at the back

Just need someone to come in as fourth choice to replace Deji almost now
  • Scoham said:
    Richard J said:
    Good move for him as family and friends live in beautiful town of Eastbourne. Didn’t work out for in Sunderland so got an opportunity to join another big club at this division. Very experienced defender and will give us some height at the back. 

Could argue that Oshilaja should be good enough at this level to be the man to replace Lockyer at the back

Just need someone to come in as fourth choice to replace Deji almost now
    We need to bring in players that improve our starting XI rather than just add depth to the squad.
    True but I've got faith in Oshilaja to do well in League One... Of course if we can get someone better than him at CB then yeah we should go for them, if not then we definitely need cover for him - As Richard J says; Bowyer always plays a Leftie and a Rightie at the back so Lynch will almost certainly be Naby Sarr's replacement
  • edited September 2020
    Isn't a proper rumour without a YouTube video highlights video to make a player look world class.

Lynch looks like a Naby replacement, and not just because he's left footed. Here are some of his goals for Huddersfield. Guess who he scored 2 of his top 3 "wonder goals" against?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWHe3aQ3wA
  • who were Our goalkeepers in that clip 
  • Sponsored links:

Same here, really surprised we haven't brought in someone. I guess Bowyer doesn't feel that the EFL Cup is important enough to bring one in before the match

The other tricky thing is that IF the takeover happens, he'll have a lot more money to spend, and won't want to bring in "cheap" L1 players when he can afford better ones
  • who were Our goalkeepers in that clip 
    Thuram
  • Scoham said:
    Isn't a proper rumour without a YouTube video highlights video to make a player look world class.

Lynch looks like a Naby replacement, and not just because he's left footed. Here are some of his goals for Huddersfield. Guess who he scored 2 of his top 3 "wonder goals" against?...

Re the second wonder goal, how many centre-backs do scissor kicks?
  • Scoham said:

Re the second wonder goal, how many centre-backs do scissor kicks?
    9?
  • Lynch would be a good option, however I'm not sure he fits the 'fit' mould Bowyer likes.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lynch would be a good option, however I'm not sure he fits the 'fit' mould Bowyer likes.
    Agreed, bit slow with his feet is Lynch.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lynch would be a good option, however I'm not sure he fits the 'fit' mould Bowyer likes.
    In what way? I don't know much about him.
  • They must rate him as we’ve trying to sign him since almost start of August. Absolutely certain Joel Lynch was the four signing when we signed Gilbey & Washington. Sadler when to Rotherham.
  • Hopefully we can get a couple of players to plug the gaps in the squad before the season starts and plan towards January window.

Hate to say this but we should look to mirror ourselves on Millwall transfer signing in 16/17. They brought in 4 qualities players in the middle of the season which won them promotion.