Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Moo said:
    Ridiculous we are once again in a position where a young player had a year left. 
    Particularly as he only signed a new deal last season (at least I think he did? Could be wrong). 
    Nah that was just a Contract Extension

A bit like Amos and Williams this summer
  • Moo said:
    Ridiculous we are once again in a position where a young player had a year left. 
    Particularly as he only signed a new deal last season (at least I think he did? Could be wrong). 

Shows the level of incompetence we have had Coming from the top for years. Hopefully things will change and we get young players on much longer deals. 
  • Moo said:

Ah ok, didn’t realise that. 
  • Moo said:
    Moo said:

Shows the level of incompetence we have had Coming from the top for years. Hopefully things will change and we get young players on much longer deals. 
    We've probably wanted to offer Doughty a new deal for a while but wonder if we can since even the first embargo got put in place

He'd only been playing for a just over a month before ESI came on board
  • Hopefully TS will come in soon enough to either block any Doughty bid or demand top $ with a view to re-investing in both squad and club infrastructure. We have always been a selling club, I accept that, it is the absolutely sh*te deals we have come to expect over the last +5 years that wrangles me.

Hope he stays.

• Hopefully TS will come in soon enough to either block any Doughty bid or demand top $ with a view to re-investing in both squad and club infrastructure. We have always been a selling club, I accept that, it is the absolutely sh*te deals we have come to expect over the last +5 years that wrangles me.

Hope he stays.

Well we've been blocking deals for Phillips as hasnt there been interest just not what Gallen / Bowyer see as acceptable?
  • MattF said:
    Scottish sun reckon he's a £750000 target, they can fuck right off with that 
    And they'll want to pay with Scottish notes.

Hope he stays.

Well we've been blocking deals for Phillips as hasnt there been interest just not what Gallen / Bowyer see as acceptable?
    Yeah, we seem to have our price and will sell if someone matches it, if you believe Nixon it's around the million pound mark
  • MattF said:
    Hopefully TS will come in soon enough to either block any Doughty bid or demand top $ with a view to re-investing in both squad and club infrastructure. We have always been a selling club, I accept that, it is the absolutely sh*te deals we have come to expect over the last +5 years that wrangles me.

Hope he stays.

Yeah, we seem to have our price and will sell if someone matches it, if you believe Nixon it's around the million pound mark
    £1m for Doughty or Phillips sorry? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Scottish sun reckon he's a £750000 target, they can fuck right off with that 
    No way we'll accept that unless Doughty gets the hump and goes on strike.

We'd be better off keeping him for the season and hoping he can help us go back up, than accepting 750k.

If he goes on a free then so be it, but we sure as hell aren't replacing someone of his quality for 750k and a 2k salary limit. 
  • MattF said:
    Hopefully TS will come in soon enough to either block any Doughty bid or demand top $ with a view to re-investing in both squad and club infrastructure. We have always been a selling club, I accept that, it is the absolutely sh*te deals we have come to expect over the last +5 years that wrangles me.

Hope he stays.

Phillips
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Hope he stays.

Phillips
    Would probably want at least £2m for each of them to be honest 
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Hope he stays.

Phillips
    Would probably want at least £2m for each of them to be honest 
    Phillips definitely, would hope with Doughty we stick some silly inflated price tag on him
  • Iv'e heard Ben Watson could be joining us if we get taken over.
    This would be a fantastic signing. Such an underrated player. Seems to always get passed on to other teams, but when he does he becomes an important player for a manager who wants a bit of control and experience on the pitch
  • Iv'e heard Ben Watson could be joining us if we get taken over.
    This would be a fantastic signing. Such an underrated player. Seems to always get passed on to other teams, but when he does he becomes an important player for a manager who wants a bit of control and experience on the pitch
    I looked him up and was surprised to see he started 45 of Forest’s league games last season. Very good to do that at any age, never mind a player who turned 35 a few months ago.
  • Scoham said:
    Iv'e heard Ben Watson could be joining us if we get taken over.
    I looked him up and was surprised to see he started 45 of Forest’s league games last season. Very good to do that at any age, never mind a player who turned 35 a few months ago.
    He was their captain and they wanted him to stay but he wants to come back down to London.
  • chev said:
    He's tweeted a reply to someone saying it's not transfer news
    No it was just 'The Alex Gilbey Story'

• I'm not getting myself excited over the Watson rumour tbh, be a dream if it comes off but I just can't see him dropping down league one with the budget cap (and our further cap)
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Scoham said:
    He was their captain and they wanted him to stay but he wants to come back down to London.
    Surprised Millwall wouldn't be interested
  • Moo said:
    The young talent we’ve lost throughout Roland’s reign has been appalling. Hopefully with Sandgaard in place with a proper SMT, this will be a thing of the past. 
    Unfortunately not.

Philips will be sold as will other talent regardless of who the owner is.

The key change we can only hope for is that players are sold after a few seasons in the first team, not a few months, that decent fees are received and that that money is s reinvested in the squad.
    Exactly, never understand it when fans moan about losing their best players. It’s part and parcel of football, and particularly when you get relegated. 

But it’s all about firstly getting the correct price and then secondly reinvesting it in the squad so the team doesn’t suffer. 
  • I’m sure his agent will already be engineering a move despite the fact that it’s probably not in his interest at this point. I have little hope that he’ll stay beyond his contract. It’s what football is these days.
  • edited September 2020
    Sage said:
    All theoretical but it’s a rumours thread so why not...

If we are to go 4-3-3, a midfield trio of Watson, Gilbey, and Williams would be incredible at this level.

Add in Doughty out wide, Bonne up top, and another winger and that’s one hell of a starting eleven.

Add Matthews at right back, a new centre back and we would look very strong in the eleven.

Just need to pad out the squad with quality and numbers.

We would have Forster-Caskey, Oztumer, Pratley, Morgan, Lapslie, Washington, Aneke, and others, all to add too. Would be nice.
    That’s a good setup but I always felt under Bowyer we look so much more a threat with 2 up top, it just looks more offensive to me. 

And at this level, if we sign a few more of course, it’s worth attacking more IMO.

Amos
    Matthews?, New CB, Pearce, Purrington 
    Pratley
    Gilbey, New CM
    Williams
    Bonne, Aneke

Doughty off the bench, or starting over Williams but switching flanks freely.
  • I’m sure his agent will already be engineering a move despite the fact that it’s probably not in his interest at this point. I have little hope that he’ll stay beyond his contract. It’s what football is these days.
    Part of the same agency as Dillon Phillips, Ben Purrington and Jake Forster-Caskey (from Charlton at least). Maybe they can find a team that will take both Phillips and Doughty and save themselves some work
  • ct_addick said:
    Doughty has one great asset you can’t coach....blinding pace. He will improve technically. I think he is worth £5 mil at least. 
    Can I correct you, he has genuine pace, it's something all defenders fear according to the TV pundits.
  • Sage said:
    All theoretical but it’s a rumours thread so why not...

If we are to go 4-3-3, a midfield trio of Watson, Gilbey, and Williams would be incredible at this level.

Add in Doughty out wide, Bonne up top, and another winger and that’s one hell of a starting eleven.

Add Matthews at right back, a new centre back and we would look very strong in the eleven.

Just need to pad out the squad with quality and numbers.

We would have Forster-Caskey, Oztumer, Pratley, Morgan, Lapslie, Washington, Aneke, and others, all to add too. Would be nice.
    That’s a good setup but I always felt under Bowyer we look so much more a threat with 2 up top, it just looks more offensive to me. 

And at this level, if we sign a few more of course, it’s worth attacking more IMO.

Amos
    Matthews?, New CB, Pearce, Purrington 
    Pratley
    Gilbey, New CM
    Williams
    Bonne, Aneke

Doughty off the bench, or starting over Williams but switching flanks freely.
    Always been Bow’s preferred option but I think he is looking at the moment of if we can go 4-3-3, it’s most definitely a usual option to have, especially as we are unlikely to have the quality of midfield we did last time we were in League One. That midfield really is what allowed us to play with two up top so effectively.

A midfield 3 with someone like Williams still allows us to be attacking, and with the pace out wide of Doughty and someone else, it’s an option that we could really enjoy this season by exploiting the space behind. We won’t come up against too many teams who have so many behind the ball. Also, turnover in possession could be huge with Doughty’s pace for example.