Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    If he's going to be getting Welsh senior caps then along with Williams and Washington it'll mean we get international weekends postponed

Wont be surprised if Bowyer / Gallen have done it deliberately

As one of those games is against Ipswich in October 
  • Options
    Hes nearly guaranteed first team football as long as we exist
  • Options
    Gammon said:
    Unfortunately like with Gallagher he's likely guaranteed too much first team football
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Gammon said:
    Unfortunately like with Gallagher he's likely guaranteed too much first team football
    To be fair he's a Midfielder... We've got plenty of cover in that area at the moment 
  • Options
    We don't need a midfielder though, we're well stocked there already
  • Options

I’d agree. Can only assume Bowyer is reverting back to that 41212 formation that effectively uses 4 CMs. 
  • Options
    Or making sure we get an International through the door so those games get called off - Else we lose two players and the league games go ahead then we're even weaker 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I’d agree. Can only assume Bowyer is reverting back to that 41212 formation that effectively uses 4 CMs. 
    With our squad 2-6-1-1 is the best formation to fit everyone in...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    We are well stocked in midfield, but at least a couple of them are likely to miss significant periods of team with injuries realistically, just hope Manchester United are better behaved with their loans than Chelsea 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Him, his agent, and Man Utd are barking mad or pig ignorant coming our way in light of recent news.
    Not sure on this,

best case he plays a whole season of mens football at a good level with a coaching staff who have a track record of improving midfielders specifically.

worst case we go bust and he's back into the U23's at United and loaned back out in Jan.
    You’re probably right I’m just fucked off, again, to be honest.
  • Options
    Canadian said:
    Well stocked with no one as talented as Dylan Levitt. He’s absolute quality on the ball and dictating play. The contrast in his play to the likes of Morgan, Lapslie or whoever is left still at Charlton is night and day. The lad is miles better. 

If he comes then I hope we can return to the stadium as I’ll be coming just to watch him. Shame this wasn’t last season when I had a ST. 
    Is he a bit like Josh Cullen then? - Will put his foot in, pass it about and just keep things ticking over?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It seems like he's more of an attacking midfielder - we already have Oztumer, Williams, and Aneke who can play there?

Edit: After reading some people discuss him on the Man Utd. forum, it seems he's more of a deeper midfielder:
    https://www.redcafe.net/search/211889/?q=dylan+levitt&o=relevance
  • Options
    Lad looks good, but strange to sign a midfielder when atm we only have space to sign 1 player
  • Options
    It seems like he's more of an attacking midfielder - we already have Oztumer, Williams, and Aneke who can play there?

Edit: After reading some people discuss him on the Man Utd. forum, it seems he's more of a deeper midfielder:
    https://www.redcafe.net/search/211889/?q=dylan+levitt&o=relevance
    Much more of a deep lying playmaker. He gets a bit shy around the 18 yard box tbh. Has a decent shot on him but doesn’t tend to show it much. Prefers to drop and play the passes through the lines. 

He’s been playing in a bit of strange system with United’s u23s though where the entire 3 man midfield continuously switch. They’re all capable of playing anywhere in midfield so they just drift around and pop up wherever they want. It’s produced some fantastic football. 
  • Options
    He can certainly pick a pass. Reminds me of Cyril Davies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Someone says this every year before we go on to have an injury crisis and end up having to play u23s.

We need more goals and creativity in our midfield and he appears to be an attacking midfielder.

If we get injuries and are down to a midfield partnership of any two of Lapslie, Pratley and Morgan we’re not going to consistently get results, even at this level.
    In midfield (including defensive and attacking midfielders and wingers) we currently have 

Pratley
    Gilbey
    Williams
    Oztumer
    Aneke
    Morgan
    Forster-Caskey
    Lapslie
    Doughty
    plus youngsters

I've no problem with strengthening there, but it surely isn't a priority position when we currently have no right backs and 1 fit senior centre back (someone who was 4th choice last season)

Even last January (and allowing for the ESI factor) we seemed to go overboard with midfielders, bringing in Davis and Smith on deadline day who barely played before lockdown and weren't missed after it 
  • Options
    Have the likes of Ness or Vega played for us yet? They'd be ahead of Barker in normal circumstances
    Ness hasn’t been seen for a while. 
  • Options
    Have the likes of Ness or Vega played for us yet? They'd be ahead of Barker in normal circumstances
    Ness hasn’t been seen for a while. 
    A shame. He'd have formed a good partnership with Tom Lochyer...
  • Options
    Seasons highlights......10 mins  ??  He's not played a fucking minute of League football. 1 appearance in the Europa cup. Woopie fucking doo. Are we supposed to be pleased that we've signed a 20 year old (in November) who has played less competitive matches than Doughty, Davison & even Barker......who's 17 !!!
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Levitt looks good in the video but so does everyone.  If he is good enough for Bowyer/Gallen he is good enough for me.  We may look well stocked in midfield but Williams and JFC will spend significant periods injured in all liklihood, Pratley may move to CB and Doughty can play LB plus Lapslie RB.

If good enough there is always room for more and Man Utd loaning us players can only be a good thing for long term loan relationships.

On a side note, comments below from a QPR fan for what they are worth:

Washington

Tries hard-100% all the time, but not very good.  Runs around an awful lot.

Lynch 

Big unit. Not popular with QPR fans generally but I thought he was OK. Decent in air and powerful , but a bit slow on the turn and moans a lot.  One thing to look out for is that he’s always injured or suspended at Xmas/New Year and likes a trip to Dubai around that time. 

• Options
    Seasons highlights......10 mins  ??  He's not played a fucking minute of League football. 1 appearance in the Europa cup. Woopie fucking doo. Are we supposed to be pleased that we've signed a 20 year old (in November) who has played less competitive matches than Doughty, Davison & even Barker......who's 17 !!!
    When he’s miles more talented than them? Yes.