Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• So other then the ben Watson rumour anybody heard any other names linked who this player could be ??
  • Joel Lynch surely.
  • edited September 2020
    Edit I got the wrong Lynch 🤣🤣
    Do we still charge per letter for names on shirts? I would get this guys!!!
  • Moo said:
    Ridiculous we are once again in a position where a young player had a year left. 
    The young talent we’ve lost throughout Roland’s reign has been appalling. Hopefully with Sandgaard in place with a proper SMT, this will be a thing of the past. 
    Unfortunately not.

Philips will be sold as will other talent regardless of who the owner is.

The key change we can only hope for is that players are sold after a few seasons in the first team, not a few months, that decent fees are received and that that money is s reinvested in the squad.
    Exactly, never understand it when fans moan about losing their best players. It’s part and parcel of football, and particularly when you get relegated. 

But it’s all about firstly getting the correct price and then secondly reinvesting it in the squad so the team doesn’t suffer. 
    I wasn't complaining about losing our best players. My comment was in reply to a comment of us being in a position of possibly losing a young player with only a year left on his contract, yet again. 

Reading back my words weren't as clear as they could have been, Henry summed up my thoughts far more succinctly. 
  • Anyone know why he left Sunderland?
  • Sorry but can’t really get excited about Lynch. Really hope he proves me wrong.
  • edited September 2020
    Sorry but can’t really get excited about Lynch. Really hope he proves me wrong.
    He’s a back up centre half who provides plenty of experience. If I was running a book I would probably have as playing 25 matches or fewer. Even counting Jason Pearce injury.

Football’s a squad game. We didn’t win at Wembley without Marshall, Ajose etc contribution throughout the season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but can’t really get excited about Lynch. Really hope he proves me wrong.
    He’s a back up centre half who provides plenty of experience. If I was running a book I would probably have as playing 25 matches or fewer. Even counting Jason Pearce injury.
    I doubt he’s a back up CB.  And I’m also not that keen on him from what I’ve seen but in bows we trust n all that.
  • My mates a sunderland fan (still isn't over Wembley hahah) who thought he was a good CB and wouldve kept him but seems he wanted to move back down south to be near family 
  • Anyone know why he left Sunderland?
    Wasnt offered a new deal due to COVID by the sound of things

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/53282799
  • Assuming that means the Matthews deal is dead then :(
  • cafc4life said:
    Assuming that means the Matthews deal is dead then :(
    Not until he signs somewhere else I imagine 
  • What is not to like about Joel Lynch ?

He is available for free , left footed centre back who can cover left back where we don't have cover and geographically in the area . I suspect one of the reasons the Makems have released him is that he still lives in the south .

Indeed the comment above re Ben Watson living in Beckenham gives me some ( probably faint ) hope he would consider us . Unlike Taylor he has earned some big contracts in his career  and may now prioritise a club which would allow him to live locally . If interested surely  Millwall or QPR would have sealed the deal by now  ( I can't see him fitting into Brentford's model )although I accept if a London or south eastern Championship club is interested we would probably have no chance of signing him .
    I doubt he’s a back up CB.  And I’m also not that keen on him from what I’ve seen but in bows we trust n all that.
    He's left footed so would be competition for Pearce rather than an automatic first choice or definite back up. Bowyer clearly likes the balance you get having a right footed and a left footed CB.
  • Scoham said:
    Sorry but can’t really get excited about Lynch. Really hope he proves me wrong.
    He's left footed so would be competition for Pearce rather than an automatic first choice or definite back up. Bowyer clearly likes the balance you get having a right footed and a left footed CB.
    Forgot he’s left footed to be fair.
  • He has some titanic shoes to step into. Won't truly love him until he does a drag-back out of trouble 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    Assuming that means the Matthews deal is dead then :(
    Let’s hope not. It’s still a possibility until we see him sign for another club. 
  • Lynch sounds decent to me (don't know much about him though tbf).  If we can get Matthews back and add Watson the squad will be coming together.  Still think we need a couple of "Beilik/Cullen/Gallagher" type quality loans in to then really push us on.
    Did you not see the 3 goals put up on here.....2 against us. I've not seen one of our strikers score goals that good, let alone a centre half. I'd have him in a heartbeat.
  • Out last 2 former Sunderland players, Williams and Matthews worked out ok...
  • Bournesnr said:
    Mcgeady???
    Ok the last two released Sunderland players  ;)
  • From the Scottish S*n

The Hoops are believed to have asked the newly-relegated League One side to name their price for the talented youngster.

The London side are in a state of flux at the moment due to the on-going takeover and ownership talks surrounding the club. 

Celtic's head of football operations Nick Hammond watched Doughty in the Addicks' 3-1 win over Swindon Town on Saturday.

The 20-year-old has entered the final 10 months of his contract.

Should Charlton decide to keep the star this summer, he could move cross-border for a knockdown price come the summer of 2021.

Luton Town are also interested in the midfielder.

• Bournesnr said:
    Mcgeady???
    He was a super-duper Southall loan signing, he doesn't count  ;)
  • MattF said:

From the Scottish S*n

The Hoops are believed to have asked the newly-relegated League One side to name their price for the talented youngster.

The London side are in a state of flux at the moment due to the on-going takeover and ownership talks surrounding the club. 

Celtic's head of football operations Nick Hammond watched Doughty in the Addicks' 3-1 win over Swindon Town on Saturday.

The 20-year-old has entered the final 10 months of his contract.

Should Charlton decide to keep the star this summer, he could move cross-border for a knockdown price come the summer of 2021.

Luton Town are also interested in the midfielder.

Five million and he’s yours.