Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Look at our squad in L1 last time; 

Bauer, Sarr, Beilik, Cullen, Aribo, Taylor and Grant.  Pratley and Pearce 2 years younger, Phillips likely will go before this season...

We are light years away from that, we need proper quality all over the pitch.

This x 10
    But at the start of the season how many did we think were promotion quality?

Putting aside hindsight I would have probably only been confident of Bauer.
    True, before the season had started I'd have considered Grant an ineffective striker who'd just been arrested anyway, Pratley a past his best journeyman, Bielik someone always injured, Cullen nothing special etc
  • Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Forgive my ignorance, but isn't signing most of these players going to be a moot point due to the restrictions imposed by the League One wage cap?
    No, because we have plenty of lower wage players in the current squad, so money will be available for some higher wages to those players that earn that amount. 
    I had misunderstood. I thought that players had to be paid a max £2k pw, unless already under contract at a higher weekly wage? Are the rules published?
    You thought the same as me. I thought it was max £2k a week for a single player and under the embargo we could only offer £1.3k a week.
    As others have said its a cumulative total of £2.5m excluding U21's. Players already on contracts over £2k per week are added in as a £2k player , so if you currently had a £10k a week player , that would count as 2K per week for the cap, until the contract ran out. 

So pack the squad full of top quality  u21's and you can afford to pay good money. 
    Donnarama
    Matthews DeLigt Pearce Davies
    Foden Havertz Gilbey
    Sancho Haaland Doherty

Looks quite good for League 1
    Gary Doherty up front..interesting concept.  Is that to win the flicks from Donnarumma's clearances.  I like your thinking :-)
    Actually played up front a few times as a Striker for Spurs I think
  • Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Forgive my ignorance, but isn't signing most of these players going to be a moot point due to the restrictions imposed by the League One wage cap?
    No, because we have plenty of lower wage players in the current squad, so money will be available for some higher wages to those players that earn that amount. 
    I had misunderstood. I thought that players had to be paid a max £2k pw, unless already under contract at a higher weekly wage? Are the rules published?
    You thought the same as me. I thought it was max £2k a week for a single player and under the embargo we could only offer £1.3k a week.
    As others have said its a cumulative total of £2.5m excluding U21's. Players already on contracts over £2k per week are added in as a £2k player , so if you currently had a £10k a week player , that would count as 2K per week for the cap, until the contract ran out. 

So pack the squad full of top quality  u21's and you can afford to pay good money. 
    Donnarama
    Foden Havertz Gilbey
    Sancho Haaland Doherty

Gary Doherty up front..interesting concept.  Is that to win the flicks from Donnarumma's clearances.  I like your thinking :-)
    Probably do less damage up front.
  • Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Donnarama
    Foden Havertz Gilbey
    Sancho Haaland Doherty

I'm more intrigued by the thought of Bananarama in goal
  • Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Donnarama
    Foden Havertz Gilbey
    Sancho Haaland Doherty

Like Arthur Horsfield and Ronnie Moore he played in both positions. A sort of 5/9. I understand that Rob Hulse played at CB a bit as well in his early career.

Modern players don't seem to adapt like that now. 
  • Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Donnarama
    Foden Havertz Gilbey
    Sancho Haaland Doherty

Like Arthur Horsfield and Ronnie Moore he played in both positions. A sort of 5/9. I understand that Rob Hulse played at CB a bit as well in his early career.

I remember Dion Dublin doing it a bit. 
  • Didn’t Chris Sutton start off as a CH or am I thinking of Paul Warhurst or both!
  • Didn’t Chris Sutton start off as a CH or am I thinking of Paul Warhurst or both!
    He did. I read his book but gave up half way through. Up there with barrister boring fucker. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can park this for a week now
  • Can park this for a week now
    Na I'm sure over the next week we'll find out who these 5/6 players were and watch them sign elsewhere 
  • If Lockyer is gone and Matthews doesn't sign we have one place up for grabs. 

I think a left sided CB is the priority. 
  • Richard J said:
    If Lockyer is gone and Matthews doesn't sign we have one place up for grabs. 

With Lockyer gone we only have Deji and Pearce as CB pairing 😑
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    If Lockyer is gone and Matthews doesn't sign we have one place up for grabs. 

With Lockyer gone we only have Deji and Pearce as CB pairing 😑
    And being Charlton it's pretty safe to write off Pearce for another 3 months
  • Just bringing up random potential loans but I wonder what Adam Idah's situation will be @ Norwich this season

Will they use him in the Championship or will they see him a bit like we do with Davison?
  • That’s it I’m officially done with us..

Don't give up yet! Purse must still be out there somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joking aside that's quite a drop down the leagues. Assistant/Caretaker manager in the PL in July, assistant in L2 in September!
  • Just bringing up random potential loans but I wonder what Adam Idah's situation will be @ Norwich this season

Will they use him in the Championship or will they see him a bit like we do with Davison?
    Been called up the Ireland national team, so i wouldn't have thought they'd drop him down to league one.

Probably he'll be backup to Pukki and Hugill. 

Looking at their squad, i fully expect Norwich to go straight back up.
  • That’s it I’m officially done with us..

What a 🐍 
  • Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Donnarama
    Foden Havertz Gilbey
    Sancho Haaland Doherty

It's a long time since anyone had someone as adaptable as Steve Gritt and even he pales in comparison with John Hewie.
  • Stevie Brown didn't he play in every position on the pitch at some point in his Charlton career?
  • Any actual rumours...?  Any idea who the 5 or 6 players LB has lined up. 
  • Any actual rumours...?  Any idea who the 5 or 6 players LB has lined up. 
    They'll be three or four on here sadly  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

• Looks like our goalkeeper is giving up on football and is moving into the catering trade.
  • edited September 2020
    Any actual rumours...?  Any idea who the 5 or 6 players LB has lined up. 
    As dull and half empty as it sounds, my guess is they’re very ordinary, purely because they must’ve been lined up before the knowledge of Sandgaard and on one of the frauds budgets.

My guess is a couple of the trialists, and a mixture of non league step ups and chuckaways from our league/championship that have dreadful injury records. 

Sorry for the delightful nature of this post but am I wrong?

(PS understand Bows and Gallen have pulled rabbits from hats before and have nothing but admiration but it’s now as bad as it’s ever been)