Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Redrobo said:
    iaitch said:
    Navy Sarr? Deserting the sinking ship?
     You do know he was out of contract, left when the season ended and was our biggest earner?
    He is making a joke about my phone autocorrecting Naby to Navy.
    Thanks cfgs, some people are too serious on here or miss the pun/joke.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Navy Sarr was a proper cult hero by the time he left, proper character as well. But LB nurtured him into that, I can still remember him falling over evertime somebody turned to run at him.

Wish him well. I feel he may struggle playing for another club. We are the only ones who understand him 
  • Options
    Navy Sarr did use to make the occasional frigate...
  • Options
    Moo said:
    cfgs said:
    Navy Sarr was a proper cult hero by the time he left, proper character as well. But LB nurtured him into that, I can still remember him falling over evertime somebody turned to run at him.

Wish him well. I feel he may struggle playing for another club. We are the only ones who understand him 
    Or he’ll thrive and do a Simon Francis. Neither would surprise me.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    They left out the bit when he passed the ball into his own net at Wembley but other than that...
    Tugged off at half time though.

I just knew it!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    They left out the bit when he passed the ball into his own net at Wembley but other than that...
    And then the bit where he nearly got sent off before half time...
  • Options
    I never thought it was a serious transfer rumour anyway, but Michael Morrison played today as Reading beat Wayne Rooney's Derby County
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    You probably all know this anyway but I heard today that Joel Lynch is signing once the transfer embargo is lifted.

I'm posting it because I've never been ITK before. Do I get a badge?
    No but you get to go on the list and get a strike if you're wrong
    If we don't sign him and I get threatened, I'll say it was charltonbob who posted it. 
    Oi !
  • Options
    Could the transfer that raises a few eyebrows be Lee Gregory, not in Stoke squad today. 
    Good call but wages ?
  • Options
    I thought the player Cawley mentioned was supposed to be a midfielder
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Then flog him for 20m in 2 seasons. I get bowyers stance on this, but he's kinda shown his cards and left no wiggle room. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Very similar quality. £12m would seem fair.

They can’t keep buying our players cheap and making a huge profit. Although I would prefer anyone but a Scottish club to buy him.
  • Options
    Could the transfer that raises a few eyebrows be Lee Gregory, not in Stoke squad today. 
    Would be very pleased on that. Whatever happens we need help for Bonne up top as can’t expect him to play every match. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Scoham said:
    Then flog him for 20m in 2 seasons. I get bowyers stance on this, but he's kinda shown his cards and left no wiggle room. 
    Make sure we get a decent sell on clause. 

With Bournemouth interested as well a bidding war commences. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Could be Marcus Maddison
    Can't see him accepting £1300-2000 pw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mendez Laing the player that would raise eyebrows? Just been released by Cardiff

Crazy rumour he was paying people to fight him.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    redbuttle said:
    Could be Marcus Maddison
    Me neither but then again,its more than hes on at the moment!
  • Options
    Well we cant offer him anything at the moment as we're at the limit of the embargo

When we come out of the embargo we can offer whatever we want
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Ferryman said:
    redbuttle said:
    Could be Marcus Maddison
     The £1,300 is a short term efl limit during an embargo. Why, when out of an embargo, would we only be offering £2k per week?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    redbuttle said:
    Could be Marcus Maddison
     The £1,300 is a short term efl limit during an embargo. Why, when out of an embargo, why would we only be offering £2k per week?
    The £2.5m salary cap in League 1.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Ferryman said:
    redbuttle said:
    Could be Marcus Maddison
     The £1,300 is a short term efl limit during an embargo. Why, when out of an embargo, why would we only be offering £2k per week?
    Because I think people have it that £2k is the max that a team can offer a player under the Salary Cap

£2k is the average per player

Provided the whole team dont exceed £2.5m in wages then yeah we can offer what we want

I'll be interested to see how over that we were with the squad last season

As if we werent then the wages Naby Sarr | Chris Solly | Lyle Taylor were all on would give us even more ceiling room
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    redbuttle said:
    Could be Marcus Maddison
    The £2.5m salary cap in League 1.
    I thought it was total per squad couldn’t exceed £2.5m, not a maximum per player. We can pay one player 2.3m if we want and all the rest 0.2 between them. 

Players like Maddison need to drop their expectations but there isn’t a 2k limit
  • Options
    Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have a link where I can read up about salary cap stuff? 

I’m just thinking about Bowyers comments the other day about clubs who got players in before the cap. 

So what, those salaries don’t count towards the 2.5m? If wage is already above 2.5m they can’t sign anymore players without letting others go? 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have a link where I can read up about salary cap stuff? 

I’m just thinking about Bowyers comments the other day about clubs who got players in before the cap. 

So what, those salaries don’t count towards the 2.5m? If wage is already above 2.5m they can’t sign anymore players without letting others go? 
    The contributions of those salaries towards the wage bill are taken at the average of £2k a week. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I think it may be someone like Matt o’riley, highly thought of young midfielder who has turned down a new contract at Fulham because he wants first team football. Absolute gun on football manager 😂 Also explains Cawley knowing about him being a Fulham fan.