Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    On the other thread I mentioned John Bostock as well as Watson as a possibilty. 
  • Options
    Could be Marcus Maddison
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Expect the positions we will bring in will be...

1. RB
    2. CB (left footed)
    3. CB (right footed)
    4. LB
    5. Right Winger
    6. Striker
    In Bowyer’s SLP interview he mentions replacements for Lockyer and Sarr, a midfielder (I’m guessing a winger) and a maybe for a Matthews replacement.

We also know he wants striker from a previous interview, but we lost out on loaning the Arsenal youngster who went to Doncaster.
    If we are looking for a striker I'm  seriously hoping it's more than an loanee who hasn't player a senior game in his life.  Once again we are lacking up front. Bonne wont get 20 goals nor will Washington.Aneke is mostly used coming off the bench & will chip in with a few, but none will "fire" us out of this division. 
    Bonne definitely could if the squad is strong enough. He did far better in the Championship than BWP (1 goal I think it was). And that’s in a weaker side, possibly in a stronger Championship and after stepping up from non-league.
    People are underestimating Bonne and what he had to do last season after stepping up 3 divisions and playing in a patchwork team. Over 46 league one games I  think he could get a lot more goals this season than people think we need from our main striker. Aneke is another one that will get goals in this division and last week showed that his instinct is to shoot if he has the ball and can see the goal.
  • Options
    Watson is a decent player, but central midfield is the last place we need strengthening anyway
  • Options
    I think it's Maddison. He's not been picked up and will have had to reduce his ridiculous wage demands. Not sure how I feel about him - good player bad attitude
  • Options
    Can't see it being Watson or Maddison. Think Rich mentioned it would be a decent fee too. 
  • Options
    I’d take Maddison, lining up like this in league one is tasty:

Gilbey, Levitt
    Williams
    Maddison, Bonne, Doughty 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I reckon it's Maddison, can't deny his quality but his attitude stinks. Think Bows could sort him out though... He verbally agreed to sign in Jan after Bows went round his house, then used the traffic in London as an excuse but with the embargo we couldn't sign him anyway. He's been playing for a local saturday side in peterborough and judging from his instagram and snapchat posts he's getting quite desperate..
  • Options
    Maddison is a great signing for L1. Like Lyle he was waiting for a big summer move then covid hit and had to readjust expectations 
  • Options
    It won't be Maddison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who was the Burnley wing back we had on trial? Seemed to be highly rated 
  • Options
    Don't want Maddison at all. Good player but he's not a hard worker and moans more than my Mrs. 

Would rather sign Josh Clarke and play him RW.
  • Options
    No inside knowledge but looking at our of contract players, Duncan watmore is available...
  • Options
    No inside knowledge but looking at our of contract players, Duncan watmore is available...
    Is this the guy that hasn’t scored for about 4 years?
  • Options
    Barely played , think he's coming off 2 serious knee injuries. 
  • Options
    Would be a great signing but think his wages are out of league 1 teams price range
  • Options
    Madison would be great for the way Bowyer has started to play 4 3 3 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Barely played , think he's coming off 2 serious knee injuries. 
    Perfect for us then.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I expect the "really good player" to be a center back who will cost a decent fee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about Michael Morrison? ;) 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I've said it before and I will say it again.  If Bowyer can get through to him and if Marcus Maddison has had a bit of a re-think with the events of the last year, he would be a phenomenal signing,
    Honestly he is a diamond at L1 level and if we are paying some nice expansive flowing football he would be a very welcome addition
    Agree with this, his service into the box would almost guarantee Bonne 20 goals this season.
  • Options
    Let's hope someone is in the building before midday 
  • Options
    The return of Naby! That would raise some eyebrows!
  • Options
    Winnall looks like he is off to Oxford, another one missed!
  • Options
    Josh Cullen on a permanent?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think of myself as quite optimistic and even I couldn’t see that.

He’d do well for a top half champ side, we just won’t get him (this year anyway)
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think of myself as quite optimistic and even I couldn’t see that.

He’d do well for a top half champ side, we just won’t get him (this year anyway)
    Yeah his statement at the end of the season was definitely that of a player not expecting to return