Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sorba Thomas is linked to us on Sky Sports (along with QPR and another club).

21 year old winger who plays at Borehamwood FC.
    All greek to me
  • Options
    I really wish we would sign some wide players (hopefully this Thomas lad comes off) but only being able to play 1 way really hurt us at times last season 
  • Options
    £1.5m rising to £2m is probably the best we can hope for in today's market. 

Bowyer has put all his eggs in one basket by ostracising Dillon from the team. Clubs will know we have to sell him this window so they're going to be playing hardball.  
  • Options

Bowyer has put all his eggs in one basket by ostracising Dillon from the team. Clubs will know we have to sell him this window so they're going to be playing hardball.  
    We don't have to sell him, he can sign the offer that was tabled pre-relegation and he'll avoid capping rules. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    iaitch said:
    How many games did he finish?
    He started 45 games, scored 3 and got 4 assists, he was subbed off 4 times. 

07/07/20 vs Fulham 85"
    21/12/19 vs Hudds 86"
    31/08/19 vs Preston 68"
    08/10/19 vs Leeds 72"

The game he missed was against Wednesday first game back from lockdown.
    Thanks, that's quite impressive for a 35 year old.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We don't have to sell him, he can sign the offer that was tabled pre-relegation and he'll avoid capping rules. 
    He won't sign any contract, maybe a takeover will change that but I doubt it. He wants Championship football and his agent will no doubt be filling his head with ideas of 15k per week contracts. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'd be shocked if he's here on October 17th.  
  • Options
    It’s nice to be able to think that at least some of the fee is likely to be reinvested in the squad. Seems a long time since we’ve had that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s nice to be able to think that at least some of the fee is likely to be reinvested in the squad. Seems a long time since we’ve had that.
    Why is it likely to be reinvested in the squad? 
  • Options
    Why is it likely to be reinvested in the squad? 
    Assuming TS takes over and puts us in a sounder financial position, embargo is lifted etc. Ok, maybe I should have said more likely rather than likely but at least there is now hope of reinvestment which wasn’t the case before.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Bournemouth would be a good move for Phillips but 1.5mn seems cheap for one of the best keepers outside the Prem. 

I can’t get too worked up about this one though. Phillips has played lots of games for us and is too good for this level. He’s already been patient waiting for his break with us so I don’t see he owes us anything. Our best young players will always leave eventually and this feels like a natural break. If it allowed us to hang on to Doughty, who is not ready to leave yet imho, then all the better. 
    Agree with this. I’d be sorry to see him go, but equally I’m not particularly bothered - particularly as we have a more than capable replacement  in Amos. 

Just hope we get a decent fee for him. £2m is probably a fair price imo. £1.5m seems a bit on the skinny side, unless there are add ons. 

We have probably negotiated £500k extra that is payable if Bournemouth win the premier league and champions league next season and a further £500k after he has played 50 times for St Kitts and Nevis. 
  • Options
    He's not going to sign a new contract. He's not going to be 1st choice. We're a 3rd Division club and won't get a huge fee. Are there many clubs looking to buy him? If not, take what's offered and use Maynard-Brewer when needed. 
  • Options
    If we sold Phillips I'd still like to sign a keeper. I think AMB could do with a season in League 2 first. Someone like Jayson Leutwiler would be a decent shout. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If we sold Phillips I'd still like to sign a keeper. I think AMB could do with a season in League 2 first. Someone like Jayson Leutwiler would be a decent shout. 
    Agree with this although I hope a defender would be Dillon's immediate replacement whilst under the embargo. 

I would like AMB to play regularly on loan somewhere. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Agree with this although I hope a defender would be Dillon's immediate replacement whilst under the embargo. 

I would like AMB to play regularly on loan somewhere. 
    Ah yeah definitely was thinking the embargo will hopefully be a thing of the past very soon!
  • Options
    £1.5 - 2M with add on's would be very decent for a keeper in a L1 squad.

With KAG rumoured on the way to West Brom for £15M and a 20% sell on clause that could net another £3M.

Pope still linked to Chelsea for £30M with 20% on that too.

If it all happens it could bring in +£10M in fees.  If we really cannot reinvest that because of caps it would be great to see training ground investment.
  • Options

With KAG rumoured on the way to West Brom for £15M and a 20% sell on clause that could net another £3M.

If it all happens it could bring in +£10M in fees.  If we really cannot reinvest that because of caps it would be great to see training ground investment.
    Blimey TS could buy us and get £10m back almost immediately  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sell on clauses are usually after profit, though given we sold them both so cheaply it won't make too much difference.

Could help to give us a decent transfer budget if we're back in the Championship next year.
  • Options
    Article on Sorba Thomas. Ex-West Ham, 21 years old, was a striker but now plays right wing or right wing back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8714291/QPR-interested-Boreham-Wood-star-Sorba-Thomas-face-competition-Charlton-Barnsley.html
  • Options

Fuck the salary cap. Spend the money on decent players & fight the EFL later - do what Sheff Wed did & see them in court
    The cap will probably be contested at some point & 50/50 that it wont be in operation by the end of the season. 
  • Options

Fuck the salary cap. Spend the money on decent players & fight the EFL later - do what Sheff Wed did & see them in court
    The cap will probably be contested at some point & 50/50 that it wont be in operation by the end of the season. 
    Easy to say when it will not be you playing the fine if we breached it.  
  • Options
    This thread proves that one of the main things we need to do once TS is in charge, is start giving decent 3-4 year contracts to good young players.

If the fee for Phillips is correct then we will have lost Konsa, Aribo, Grant, Pope and Phillips for less than 10m. An insult really and no doubt Doughty will probably be the next youngster we lose for peanuts.

Lookman is still the only youngster we got a decent fee for. I've not included Gomez as he only agreed to sign a contract with a low release clause.

When you see players like Watkins going for 30m, it just shows what we could've done with decent contracts given to our younger players.
    Doughty should think about Aribo before he considers Celtic. Connor Gallagher will be playing in the Premiership this year. If Aribo had stayed I have no doubt in my mind that he would be as well. 
    You have to have a plan. Your agent will have one, but it may not what is best for you but best for his immediate pay level.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He won't sign any contract, maybe a takeover will change that but I doubt it. He wants Championship football and his agent will no doubt be filling his head with ideas of 15k per week contracts. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'd be shocked if he's here on October 17th.  
    If you look at my words, I said we don't HAVE to sell him.

Sure we can and likely will especially after keeping Lyle against his will and how that turned out.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I doubt TS even knows who Alfie is. Probably thinks he's Michael Caine.......or  Jude Law 😄
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer and Jason Tindall were in the same Charlton youth team so may have a relationship.  Maybe someone could come the other way as part of the deal?