Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    £1.5m rising to £2m is probably the best we can hope for in today's market. 

Bowyer has put all his eggs in one basket by ostracising Dillon from the team. Clubs will know we have to sell him this window so they're going to be playing hardball.  
    We don't have to sell him, he can sign the offer that was tabled pre-relegation and he'll avoid capping rules. 
    He won't sign any contract, maybe a takeover will change that but I doubt it. He wants Championship football and his agent will no doubt be filling his head with ideas of 15k per week contracts. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'd be shocked if he's here on October 17th.  
    If you look at my words, I said we don't HAVE to sell him.

Sure we can and likely will especially after keeping Lyle against his will and how that turned out.
    I know what you mean, but I think the situation is so sour we do have to sell him. 

Amos is now our number 1 keeper for the season (yes I know his squad number is 13), even if nobody comes in for Dillon, he still won't sign a new deal. 

If a miracle happened and he did sign a new deal, Bowyer won't kick Amos out of goal straight away, that would cause massive friction in the changing room. Best case scenario Dillon signs a new long term deal and has to fight his way off the bench, which I can't see happening. 

We're going to have to sell one of Phillips or Doughty, I'd sell Phillips 10 times out of 10 - I think Bowyer agrees. 
    Oh I agree with that move 100%
  • Options

Bowyer has put all his eggs in one basket by ostracising Dillon from the team. Clubs will know we have to sell him this window so they're going to be playing hardball.  

Yes surprised at LB taking this stance. You play your best players, he didn't stick taylor on the sidelines because his contract was up in the summer
  • Options

Yes surprised at LB taking this stance. You play your best players, he didn't stick taylor on the sidelines because his contract was up in the summer
    I think he's just fed up with the power agents are now wielding over football clubs. I'm not happy with how this situation has turned out, but I completely support Bowyer in his decision making. 

For far too long we've had a basket-case reputation where agents think they can do what they like - Bowyers taking it into his own hands and cutting that off. Hopefully, with a bit of financial backing, we can emulate the Brentford/Peterborough transfer policy. 
  • Options
    Phillips has gained back some of that weight he lost in lock down by the look of things.
  • Options
    And short term it frees up another embargo squad place for one of the signings we have lined up 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Lee Bowyer and Jason Tindall were in the same Charlton youth team so may have a relationship.  Maybe someone could come the other way as part of the deal?  
    Simon Francis?
    I'd be ok with that given we have no right back at the moment and he's just had 5 or 6 seasons in the top flight.  I actually really rated him but believe I was in the minority
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Lee Bowyer and Jason Tindall were in the same Charlton youth team so may have a relationship.  Maybe someone could come the other way as part of the deal?  
    Simon Francis?
    I'd be ok with that given we have no right back at the moment and he's just had 5 or 6 seasons in the top flight.  I actually really rated him but believe I was in the minority
    I heard an interview with him a few weeks back he no longer has a contract there, he was recovering from a long term injury last season and they haven't offered him a new one.  He would need time to get back to fitness.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Simon Francis?
    I heard an interview with him a few weeks back he no longer has a contract there, he was recovering from a long term injury last season and they haven't offered him a new one.  He would need time to get back to fitness.
    Sounds ideal for us then 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan Byrne has signed for Derby. I know he was mentioned on here as a possible signing from Wigan but was always likely to attract Championship interest...
  • Options
    Who do we think are the 4 signings lined up? 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Matthews is one surely.
     Lynch I assume is another.
     Do we know if Love Island Lewis is still training with us?
    No idea on the 4th, 5th or 6th?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Matthews is one surely.
    Nah Lewis was only ever with us for the week

Apparently the Wealdstone Manager wasnt even happy at giving him to us for that long 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Matthews is one surely.
    No, only here for a week and his club chairman was saying that he wants to know what is happening.............so would we  :)
  • Options
    I hope its Matthews and Lynch. My guess is that if Adam doesn't sign on then we will probably give Josh Clarke a contract. 

We still need a right sided centre back and left back at the very least but I would be interested to see if some of our youngsters get loaned out. 

• Options
    Nathan Byrne has signed for Derby. I know he was mentioned on here as a possible signing from Wigan but was always likely to attract Championship interest...
    wow do Wigan have any players left?
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Sam Morsy the captain, but sounds like he's due to sign for Boro anytime now
  • Options
    You really have to feel for Wigan. Unbelievable what has happened to them even after reading the details I still cant get my head around it. It would be like TS buying us next week for whatever £m that is going to cost him then just saying in the 2nd week October that he had changed his mind and shut the club writing of the millions he paid. Really makes no sense. I personally dont believe the betting theory no way any bookmaker would honour a bet win in those circumstances 
  • Options
    Expect the positions we will bring in will be...

1. RB
    2. CB (left footed)
    3. CB (right footed)
    4. LB
    5. Right Winger
    6. Striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IR94 said:
    They actually managed to bring 2 players in somehow as well lol
  • Options

1. RB
    2. CB (left footed)
    3. CB (right footed)
    4. LB
    5. Right Winger
    6. Striker
    In Bowyer’s SLP interview he mentions replacements for Lockyer and Sarr, a midfielder (I’m guessing a winger) and a maybe for a Matthews replacement.

We also know he wants striker from a previous interview, but we lost out on loaning the Arsenal youngster who went to Doncaster.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

1. RB
    2. CB (left footed)
    3. CB (right footed)
    4. LB
    5. Right Winger
    6. Striker
    In Bowyer’s SLP interview he mentions replacements for Lockyer and Sarr, a midfielder (I’m guessing a winger) and a maybe for a Matthews replacement.

We also know he wants striker from a previous interview, but we lost out on loaning the Arsenal youngster who went to Doncaster.
    If we are looking for a striker I'm  seriously hoping it's more than an loanee who hasn't player a senior game in his life.  Once again we are lacking up front. Bonne wont get 20 goals nor will Washington.Aneke is mostly used coming off the bench & will chip in with a few, but none will "fire" us out of this division. 
  • Options
    From reading through this thread I would say Ben Watson meets this criteria.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Ffs just get it done 

He’s also confirmed it’s a permanent signing.
  • Options
    From reading through this thread I would say Ben Watson meets this criteria.
    Doubt it, can't think signing Watson would raise many more eyebrows than signing Darren Pratley did. 

Surely has to be a bit better than that if Rich is tweeting about it.