Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Mendez Laing the player that would raise eyebrows? Just been released by Cardiff.
    Id be surprised if he doesnt end up with Warnock at Middlesbrough

Depends what he's done wrong though

Must be serious for a club to throw away a potential transfer fee like that
    Twitter rumours suggest he is not one to be sniffed at
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Mendez Laing the player that would raise eyebrows? Just been released by Cardiff.

If that's true he will struggle to find any club 
  • Options
    I don't know what happened there, but Harris says he can't say anything due to legal protocol, it must be serious!
    Caught shagging a local sheep 
    Altogether now....."Your Sister is your mother........"
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Its not Cullen
    How do you know?
    WH want £3m. Statement of intent and would raise a lot of eyebrows.

Please don’t reply if it is the usual blah blah blah of not going to a league 1 club.

I'll throw this in for the fun of it
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/september/09-september/josh-cullen-im-24-now-so-its-time-make-it-happen

And this one from the Telegraph to suggest there is Prem interest 

But other than that you’ve got nothing. 
    Whoops 😬 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Its not Cullen
    How do you know?
    WH want £3m. Statement of intent and would raise a lot of eyebrows.

Please don’t reply if it is the usual blah blah blah of not going to a league 1 club.

I'll throw this in for the fun of it
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/september/09-september/josh-cullen-im-24-now-so-its-time-make-it-happen

And this one from the Telegraph to suggest there is Prem interest 

But other than that you’ve got nothing. 
    Whoops 😬 
    Stranger things have happened 
  • Options
    Cullen to Palarse?

Uuuuuurrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!
  • Options
    Cullen to Palarse?

I love Cullen and he was great for us.
    But he ain't premiership standard. 
    If he signed for palarse I would just laugh. 
  • Options
    Palace seem too buy older players with no sell on fee.
  • Options
    You probably all know this anyway but I heard today that Joel Lynch is signing once the transfer embargo is lifted.

I'm posting it because I've never been ITK before. Do I get a badge?
  • Options
    You probably all know this anyway but I heard today that Joel Lynch is signing once the transfer embargo is lifted.

No but you get to go on the list and get a strike if you're wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Swisdom said:

Neil Harris said at a press conference that he couldn't really say much due to being 'bound by legal protocols' and described the situation as a 'severe breach of contract'. That to me suggests more than he's just been taking drugs, it suggests a probable court case.

One of the more feasible rumours i've seen is that 
    he was allegedly funding and helping move large amounts of coke from Birmingham (where he's from) into Cardiff and was under surveillance for months.

Quite why a well paid footballer would feel the need to get involved in that is beyond me, but if he was moving serious amounts then he was obviously making far more from that than he was from football.
  • Options
    How can Wigan sign players but we can't?.
    Being in Administration doesnt put you under a transfer embargo 
    I thought I read that being in administration meant you couldn't sign any players for the next 2 seasons. I know Bolton had lots of problems last season & were playing a load of 16 & 17 year olds. No idea if this was because they were under an embargo. 
    Maybe they're not allowed to pay a fee but can sign free signings?
  • Options
    MattF said:

If we don't sign him and I get threatened, I'll say it was charltonbob who posted it. 
  • Options
    MattF said:

If we don't sign him and I get threatened, I'll say it was charltonbob who posted it. 
    That's fair enough 
  • Options
    Cullen to Palarse?

I love Cullen and he was great for us.
    But he ain't premiership standard. 
    If he signed for palarse I would just laugh. 
    I reckon he is a lower pre fringe player, most of what he does goes unnoticed 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Neil Harris said at a press conference that he couldn't really say much due to being 'bound by legal protocols' and described the situation as a 'severe breach of contract'. That to me suggests more than he's just been taking drugs, it suggests a probable court case.

One of the more feasible rumours i've seen is that he was allegedly funding and helping move large amounts of coke from Birmingham (where he's from) into Cardiff and was under surveillance for months.

Quite why a well paid footballer would feel the need to get involved in that is beyond me, but if he was moving serious amounts then he was obviously making far more from that than he was from football.
    I heard that it was a drink drive accident that left the other two people in a serious condition. 

If true he deserves to lose his payday IMO
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

One of the more feasible rumours i've seen is that he was allegedly funding and helping move large amounts of coke from Birmingham (where he's from) into Cardiff and was under surveillance for months.

If he was doing that, wouldn’t he have been arrested. Pretty sure that this would be all over the press
  • Options
    He was also kicked out of Peterborough for breach of Club rules, about 7 years ago.
  • Options
    From reading through this thread I would say Ben Watson meets this criteria.
    Doubt it, can't think signing Watson would raise many more eyebrows than signing Darren Pratley did. 

Surely has to be a bit better than that if Rich is tweeting about it.
    He was a key player for the side that finished 7th in the Championship (only missed out on the playoffs because Swansea's goal difference was 1 better) last season, and his manager wanted him to stay. I think a player who could be performing at the top end of the Championship choosing to drop down to League One in order to join a team who aren't even fancied for promotion can legitimately be described as eyebrow raising.
  • Options
    Watson plays the one position on the field we absolutely don't need anyone in though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see Pratley playing centre half all season next year so another central mid would be useful. 
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    From reading through this thread I would say Ben Watson meets this criteria.
    Doubt it, can't think signing Watson would raise many more eyebrows than signing Darren Pratley did. 

Surely has to be a bit better than that if Rich is tweeting about it.
    He was a key player for the side that finished 7th in the Championship (only missed out on the playoffs because Swansea's goal difference was 1 better) last season, and his manager wanted him to stay. I think a player who could be performing at the top end of the Championship choosing to drop down to League One in order to join a team who aren't even fancied for promotion can legitimately be described as eyebrow raising.
    Maybe eyebrow raising to you. I’m not saying he’s not a good player, he’s just not someone we need - and for the money he’d want at 35/36 I can’t see this being anything more than a internet rumour with very little substance. 

I’d be disappointed it this was the marquee wild card signing. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I can see Pratley playing centre half all season next year so another central mid would be useful. 
    We've still got other decent number of options there though. JFC, Gilbey, Morgan, Lapslie, Levitt

And really, Pratley is a midfielder, not a CB, I'd rather be signing decent CBs, rather than playing Pratley there every week
  • Options
    Navy Sarr was a proper cult hero by the time he left, proper character as well. But LB nurtured him into that, I can still remember him falling over evertime somebody turned to run at him.

• Options
    Navy Sarr? Deserting the sinking ship?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
     You do know he was out of contract, left when the season ended and was our biggest earner?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    iaitch said:
     You do know he was out of contract, left when the season ended and was our biggest earner?
    He is making a joke about my phone autocorrecting Naby to Navy.