Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    They have had a windfall from transfers so I expect 10 million for him. Lol
    You joke but I would say £5m. Maybe less with lots of add ons such as promotion clause, sell on clause etc 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    MattF said:
    You joke but I would say £5m. Maybe less with lots of add ons such as promotion clause, sell on clause etc 
    £3.5m plus add ons will do for now. No point in having more than that at this level. I mean obviously the more the merrier but we always get stung and at this level with the new salary caps & squad limitations it's bloody hard to spend. 
  • Options

• Options

Bournemouth link to Charlton goalkeeper Dillon Phillips has some substance to it.
  • Options
    Sky Sports Transfer Centre

Barnsley, QPR and Charlton are among a number of clubs interested in 21-year-old winger Sorba Thomas.

Thomas has impressed a host of Football League scouts during his performances last season for Boreham Wood.

It now looks likely he will be playing in the Championship next season
    The last line rules us out then.
  • Options
    Let's hope we get a good fee for Phillips. Bournemouth must have 100mil burning a hole in their pocket. 
  • Options
    Would make sense for both Bournemouth and him tbf. Decent move and he likely goes number 1 at a team with Prem return chance
  • Options
    Let's hope we get a good fee for Phillips. Bournemouth must have 100mil burning a hole in their pocket. 
    Good. Well have 10 of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Goalkeepers don't generally command big transfer fees. As in the order on the pitch, strikers are usually the most expensive then midfield, then defenders at then the stoppers. I would have thought £2m would be the starting bid by Bournemouth.  Would be very surprised if we got anywhere near £5m
  • Options

• Options
    MattF said:
    Goalkeepers don't generally command big transfer fees. As in the order on the pitch, strikers are usually the most expensive then midfield, then defenders at then the stoppers. I would have thought £2m would be the starting bid by Bournemouth.  Would be very surprised if we got anywhere near £5m
    Bournemouth managed to sell a goalkeeper for £18m who was on loan in league 1 the year before, the same year Phillips broke through. The difference between the two is that their goalkeeper played 1 year in the premier league for a relegated team and Phillips one year in the championship. If their deal was £18m, we should be looking at a lot more then £2m. I appreciate that Phillips is in the last year of his contract but I would definitely start the ball rolling at £7m
  • Options
    Has the Ben Watson link gone cold?
  • Options
    Anyone asked TS about keeping Philips? 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Not convinced Watson is what we need, although i guess he brings experience which is good for the young players. 35 and was running through treacle at the Valley last season... 50/50 on this
  • Options
    I'd be shocked if we got more than £2m for Phillips.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not convinced Watson is what we need, although i guess he brings experience which is good for the young players. 35 and was running through treacle at the Valley last season... 50/50 on this
    There’s a risk signing a player of that age that it’s a year or two too late, but he started 45 Championship games last season in a Forest side who narrowly missed out on the play-offs.

I’d rather see a longer term signing but given how much he played I wouldn’t write him off if he did come in. Not sure we’ll be after anymore CMs though with Levitt signing.
  • Options
    How many games did he finish?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    How many games did he finish?
    He started 45 games, scored 3 and got 4 assists, he was subbed off 4 times. 

07/07/20 vs Fulham 85"
    21/12/19 vs Hudds 86"
    31/08/19 vs Preston 68"
    08/10/19 vs Leeds 72"

The game he missed was against Wednesday first game back from lockdown.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    £1.5 million is not selling a player, it is giving him away.
    Only 1 year left on the contract though, that will lower the price
  • Options
    £1.5m is what we got for Karlan Grant after he got into double figures by January

For a Goalkeeper its not a bad fee seeing that Strikers will always go for more than Goalkeepers 

Are we seriously trusting some mug pretending to be Ainsley Harriott of the Football world though?
    Absolutely not, just found it one of the funnier rumour accounts
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sorba Thomas is linked to us on Sky Sports (along with QPR and another club).

21 year old winger who plays at Borehamwood FC.