Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A massive thanks to Bowyer, Jacko and team...

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Southall probably just checking the result on his phone. 
    Trying to sue Leeds and the EFL, at the expense of de cloob...
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Lee Bowyer, Johnnie Jackson and the players gave it everything. When it was all against them they made no excuses and persevered 

I'm absolutely heartbroken, all I want from a Charlton player is commitment, we all accept the great players won't stick around but they must give it their all while they play for us or are involved with us. 

I'm.not including that fucking tumour called Taylor. The little bitch 

Quality has been lacking this season but we have essentially had a weaker squad than we had at the start of last season and the players to my eyes most of the time have left it all on the pitch 

This relegation has hurt more than the 4 others I can remember 

Spot on. All I want from a Charlton team is 100% commitment and we got that from everyone other than a select few. A bitter-sweet relegation in that sense. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I think Bowyer did great putting the squad he did together and had a terrible injury crisis and ESI jokers scuppering our hopes ultimately or we would have stayed up. Had he been a bit more positive in winning positions, I think we would have got a few more points and could have stayed up despite the many obstacles, but many managers sit on leads. Maybe if our defence was not prone to errors it would have been a viable tactic.

Still, we all know Sheffield Wednesday are as guilty as sin. Is there going to be a lifeline? 12 points deducted from them will save us. 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer did great putting the squad he did together and had a terrible injury crisis and ESI jokers scuppering our hopes ultimately or we would have stayed up. Had he been a bit more positive in winning positions, I think we would have got a few more points and could have stayed up despite the many obstacles, but many managers sit on leads. Maybe if our defence was not prone to errors it would have been a viable tactic.

Still, we all know Sheffield Wednesday are as guilty as sin. Is there going to be a lifeline? 12 points deducted from them will save us. 
    I totally agree with you my Charlton fellow fan 👍
    Bowyer is a great man, and with the right backing
    and support would have kept us up.
    he was let down by egotistical scumbags in and off the field 👎👎👎
  • Options
    The problem was the consistent conceding of goals immediatley after half time and late in the game.

If we halved our goals conceded in those periods we would have been mid-table.

• Options
    pickwick said:
    The problem was the consistent conceding of goals immediatley after half time and late in the game.

If we halved our goals conceded in those periods we would have been mid-table.

I think you have the wrong thread mate. 
  • Options
    Bloody hell Bowyer and the team could massacre children and you’d let it go. 

Sorry, had we had even a little more tactical management, we would have stayed up. We were fucked by that, combined with Taylor’s injury and departure, and that of Gallagher.  I’m not proud of being relegated, we went down in a flurry of poor football and turgid inability to hit an elephants arse with a banjo. 

No, had Bowyer not been let down by egotistical scumbags on and off the field 
    we would have been safe 3 games ago
    bowyer did his best with fuck all help.
    especially from that Scumbag Taylor!!

• Options
    Bowyer, Gallen, Jacko and Marshall are superb... Any kind of support and we were on a winner.  Bowyer will go and I suspect the others will follow but I hope beyond hope we find a way to keep them, I think Bowyer could be replaced (with luck, judgement etc) whereas Gallen I see as irreplaceable.

The players all gave their all but just were not quite good enough at the end of the day.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massive thank you to all.
    Reading bowyers comments I think that's the last we will see of him :( 
    Where's his comments please ?
  • Options

No way that will happen, they may get a fine & a points deduction but not enough to relegate them or if they do get a 12 pointer it will carry over to next season. The efl will not relegate them after the season has finished.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Devastated about tonights results. I'd be surprised if any on our management staff decide to stay given how much of a mess we are.

Must wanted to thank Lee, Johnny, Grant and all the lads that decided to see out the season. None of you are the reason we got relegated. That blame falls on the twats in the boardroom who've fucked us over, and the c***s who couldn't be bothered to see out the season.

Thanks to each and everyone of you who've given everything to this club over the last couple of years.

• Options
    Bowyer, Gallen, Jacko and Marshall are superb... Any kind of support and we were on a winner.  Bowyer will go and I suspect the others will follow but I hope beyond hope we find a way to keep them, I think Bowyer could be replaced (with luck, judgement etc) whereas Gallen I see as irreplaceable.

The players all gave their all but just were not quite good enough at the end of the day.

What decent manager would dream of joining this fucking shambles ? While his tactics & substitutions may have had people scratching their heads at times I would suggest he got a lot more right than wrong but more than anything he revitalised the club CAFC (not the owners) & the supporters in a way not seen since the Curbishley years. Hopefully if things move quickly off the field & it's a massive if I know perhaps LB & staff will see a brighter future under decent owners. Clutching at straws maybe but we can only hope.
  • Options

What decent manager would dream of joining this fucking shambles ? While his tactics & substitutions may have had people scratching their heads at times I would suggest he got a lot more right than wrong but more than anything he revitalised the club CAFC (not the owners) & the supporters in a way not seen since the Curbishley years. Hopefully if things move quickly off the field & it's a massive if I know perhaps LB & staff will see a brighter future under decent owners. Clutching at straws maybe but we can only hope.
    I agree.  I have been a strong supporter of Lee all the way through... My comment was more that if we were a stable club once again (or Varney/Barclay) that, for me, Gallen is the most irreplaceable.  Bowyer would be tough to replace but someone like Cowley would be a good fit I think plus I reckon JJ would have a great chance of success if the stability was there.