Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A massive thanks to Bowyer, Jacko and team...

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Bowyer on Talksport clearly devastated and upset. Meeting Paul Elliot today. 

Elliot more than likely trying to get LB to talk to Birmingham in the hope of getting the £750k compo, tell him to FUCK OFF Lee 
  • Options
    Fully expect JJ to be manager next season 
    Why would he want to stay and manage this utter shambles, a club with about 10 senior players and unable to make any signings?

Wouldn't he go wherever Bowyer goes?
    maybe he doesn't like fishing, or France, maybe both ...
  • Options
    Hope you stay Lee, you've done a fantastic job under the circumstances. But if you're off I wish you all the best for the future.
  • Options
    The destruction of our club by Duchalet & that crimial Southall is simply awful. I wish them both horrible times.
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    Bowyer jacko and the rest of the management team gave us hope, thanks Gents

I'll echo that.

Despite all the odds stacked against them - they bust a gut to give us our Charlton back.

• Options
    A heartfelt thank you to Lee for all that you’ve done since taking over the leadership role. Your loyalty and love for this club is indeed very apparent. Also a big thank you to JJ, SG, players and backroom staff who fought so gallantly to keep the club in the Championship despite impossible odds. I do hope you stay as this great club needs your support more than ever. Should you decide to leave then I’m sure all of us will wish you well. 
  • Options
    Farnell was coy on TalkSport and said you'd have to ask the manager and players if the boardroom chaos affected their performances. But it was the failure and embargo in January which was their worse intervention.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players and management did a superb job with the laughable resources they had. 

Said it on another thread recently that the fact we weren't down and out by January was a remarkable achievement and to last up until the last 5 minutes of the season having only been in the drop zone momentarily across 46 games is a huge feat by players and manger and his staff.
  • Options
    Our only hope is that Varney and Barclay take over soon. Keeping Lee, JJ, Gallen and the rest of the team is vital to us getting stability and any chance of progress. Not 100% sure when Lee took over but 110% behind him now. To have accomplished half of what he did with a complete bunch of tossers pretending to be the owners would have been remarkable.
    If he does decide to move on I wish him all the very best of luck.
  • Options
    Will always appreciate Bows JJ and Gallen for their time at the club. Wish them well. There are a very tough act to replace. Success isn't always measured in the points on the board. I felt Bowyer has been an amazing ambassador for the club this last few seasons. He is a changed man in my eyes. I applaud his conduct in what has been a shitshow of a club behind the scenes. Only goodwill from me and mine. 
    Indeed, add my 110% support and appreciation for ALL the heavy lifting that Lee B, JJ and Steve Gallen have struggled for and achieved for our Great Club...and have they not in spades!! Yep!! They gave of their Best in the face of insurmountable odds in the end. RESPECT. Lee has conducted this campaign with decency, courage, drive, nouse and respect. Only the best of goodwill from usns out East too. He has Legions of Friends and Supporters on this site...I sincerely hope he and The Team know this and can stay with us (with proper investment and backing) to drive us back up where belong.

• Options
    Bods64 said:
    A heartfelt thank you to Lee for all that you’ve done since taking over the leadership role. Your loyalty and love for this club is indeed very apparent. Also a big thank you to JJ, SG, players and backroom staff who fought so gallantly to keep the club in the Championship despite impossible odds. I do hope you stay as this great club needs your support more than ever. Should you decide to leave then I’m sure all of us will wish you well. 
    For sure. Very much hope the Team can stay together here. Please heaven.
  • Options
    Some classy stuff said lads, hope the players and management get to read this, shows if you treat the fans with respect rather than contempt, they will repay you, I sincerely would like Lee and the gang to stay, but would understand jumping ship, at least they stayed till the end.
  • Options
    Lee and the team have been amazing and professional throughout the season. 

The club is rotten and they have managed to not be intoxicated by the poison that runs through the veins of our club. 

Hats off to them.
  • Options
    They have been excellent ... shame to see them all go ... but in honesty no one with any quality, class, credibility, respect or anything positive going for them should come near us until we have some how got rid of the cancer. 

Time to get the coffin out again, and we should all climb in it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    meldrew66 said:
    We dust ourselves down and go again. I would be happy with JJ and Chrissy Powell as a director of football. Or Jase and Chrissy doing the same role. They would be the manager, but Chrissy could be there for them. 

Ultimately, pointless until we get rid of the bastards that need to go. Duchatelet and ESI deserve the worst. 
    I would imagine Chris Powell is very happy in his role with the national team and highly unlikely to want to move from that to the disaster area that is CAFC right now!
    Not so sure a minor role with the national side would trump a major role with a club he loves. I'll caveat that with the need for us to get proper owners. I think Powell's strengths were in identifying players and recruitment and he would be a great director of football for a less experienced manager. 

In terms of JJ, I would imagine he might consider an assistant job at a Premier League club better than a manager job at a league one club but that sort of opportunity is unlikely. He has applied for the manager's job at Charlton before and has ambitions in that direction. Euell is highly intelligent and I'm sure would do a good job. Maybe even a great job. I'd be happy with either. I'd quite like a management team of both of them like Curbs and Gritty. Yes, we gained our success when the partnership was split up, but I think it helped them in the early days.

I think Peacock helped in the early days too and Powell would be able to do a similar job. I'd love to see Powell overseeing the football and Varney everything else. It would be the right people. Charlton people, To set us in the right direction.

• Options
    Powell has often said that he is a Charlton man and leaving the way he did must still hurt. I'm sure he would love to comeback in some capacity, but every vestige of Duchatelet must be eradicated before he would consider a return.
  • Options
    When you consider the amount of championship experience in our side at Leeds(virtually nil) ,the amount of youngsters loans,chopping and changing  due to injuries,player desertions,to get us where we were on the last day was something of a footballing miracle.Had we just had that bit of help in January,who knows two or three of the late goals might not have gone in and things would have been different.Deep down despite his obvious distress I think with a level playing field,Lee would love to give it another go.Curbs got relegated and fought back to give the club some of its best times ever.No reason Bowyer and his team cannot do the same.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer had a dream, to rebuild our football team, he had no money and he lost all of our loans, Youth at the back, Bonne in attack! We are Charlton Athletic and Matt Southall's a twat #cafc
    Bowyer had a dream, to build a football team, ESI have no money and Elliott's reliant on loans. Range Rover at the back, Southall in his flat. We're Charlton Athletic, we're on our way back (to League One)
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    We dust ourselves down and go again. I would be happy with JJ and Chrissy Powell as a director of football. Or Jase and Chrissy doing the same role. They would be the manager, but Chrissy could be there for them. 

Ultimately, pointless until we get rid of the bastards that need to go. Duchatelet and ESI deserve the worst. 
    I would imagine Chris Powell is very happy in his role with the national team and highly unlikely to want to move from that to the disaster area that is CAFC right now!
    Not so sure a minor role with the national side would trump a major role with a club he loves. I'll caveat that with the need for us to get proper owners. I think Powell's strengths were in identifying players and recruitment and he would be a great director of football for a less experienced manager. 

In terms of JJ, I would imagine he might consider an assistant job at a Premier League club better than a manager job at a league one club but that sort of opportunity is unlikely. He has applied for the manager's job at Charlton before and has ambitions in that direction. Euell is highly intelligent and I'm sure would do a good job. Maybe even a great job. I'd be happy with either. I'd quite like a management team of both of them like Curbs and Gritty. Yes, we gained our success when the partnership was split up, but I think it helped them in the early days.

I think Peacock helped in the early days too and Powell would be able to do a similar job. I'd love to see Powell overseeing the football and Varney everything else. It would be the right people. Charlton people, To set us in the right direction.

I agree with the sentiments you express but just wonder how much day to day involvement Varney might want well into his sixties.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Lee Bowyer would've decided during the 3 months of lockdown that he had an impossible job and it was time too move on.
    He wanted to leave us in the Championship but the 9 points from 9 games in the mini league put paid to that with Luton and Barnsley on a charge up the home straight.

I wish Lee Bowyer well in his management career and thank him and the coaching staff for the enjoyable run in culminating in the victory at Wembley in 18/19. He will want a job under stable ownership ; After Cafc even Coventry would seem like an improvement !

Cafc future is bleak, maybe even worst than the relegation in the early 70's, or leaving the valley to go on our travels.  

Throw in COVID-19, the fact that the EFL are no longer fit for purpose in 2020, and Roland Duchatelet still has the keys to the Valley and Sparrows Lane, and we are in danger of emulating Bolton, Coventry and even worse, Luton Town of a decade ago.

When my son said Barnsley had scored(60 seconds before Terry or Greg) as the Leeds game reached its added time, the feeling of utter dejection will be the black cloud that lingers all summer.  

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Football fortunes can change quickly. If we get the right owners, going down might be a blessing in disguise. Many aspects of what Bowyer did for us were fantastic and we should thank him for that and the incredible achievement of promotion last season including the memories that gave us. He built with his team a squad capable of staying up on a meagre Championship budget. But it has to be said. 9 points from 9 is worse on average than we picked up before the resumption. His negative tactics were a big reason for this.

If he left, I would wish him well, but losing him would be the least of our problems. The stability and the future of the club has to be sorted and maybe we will find a manager with similar abilities to Bowyer and with the balls he lost when there was more to lose. That is how I feel. I kept saying in previews how we needed to go for 3 nil wins as I feared Bowyer would get a lead and sit back, And he did and we know what happened in most cases! 
  • Options
    I would like to thank Lee Bowyer personally for giving me my best times in football since Chris Powell's promotion year. The play off atmosphere and bringing 38,000 fans to Wembley still gives brings a lump to my throat.
    Patrick Bauer scoring right in front of my view from the second tier. Jonny Williams great enthusiam. to turn the game.Have had a season ticket since 1986 until Duchatelet's second year, Could not bring myself to give him any of my money. Always thought of him as a belated property developer. Think he always wanted to sell the ground and training ground for building. Anyone selling our club for £1 is surely a charlatan! The next mob (so called owners) words fail me. Could anyone please explain why we have been placed on a transfer embargo and when it can be possibly be lifted? Anyway once again thanks Lee, Jacko, Steve G and Grant Basey for giving an old feller plenty of great moments before the injury crisis, ESI and Lyle Taylors disappointing decision! Said on here before my first game at the Valley was 15th Feb. 1958 v Middlesboro (Brian Clough and Peter Taylor), we won 6-2. Sadly my last may have been this season's home defeat to Middlesbrough March 2020! Just hope for a miracle and perhaps PV and AB can save our great club.