Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A massive thanks to Bowyer, Jacko and team...

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer, Gallen, Jacko and Marshall are superb... Any kind of support and we were on a winner.  Bowyer will go and I suspect the others will follow but I hope beyond hope we find a way to keep them, I think Bowyer could be replaced (with luck, judgement etc) whereas Gallen I see as irreplaceable.

The players all gave their all but just were not quite good enough at the end of the day.

What decent manager would dream of joining this fucking shambles ? While his tactics & substitutions may have had people scratching their heads at times I would suggest he got a lot more right than wrong but more than anything he revitalised the club CAFC (not the owners) & the supporters in a way not seen since the Curbishley years. Hopefully if things move quickly off the field & it's a massive if I know perhaps LB & staff will see a brighter future under decent owners. Clutching at straws maybe but we can only hope.
    I agree.  I have been a strong supporter of Lee all the way through... My comment was more that if we were a stable club once again (or Varney/Barclay) that, for me, Gallen is the most irreplaceable.  Bowyer would be tough to replace but someone like Cowley would be a good fit I think plus I reckon JJ would have a great chance of success if the stability was there.
    Yes see where you're coming from, I guess there'll always be an unemployed manager desperate for a job, whereas how do you find another Gallen ? Fair point.
  • Options
    Fully expect JJ to be manager next season 
  • Options
    Just see out your 3-4-5 year contract Lee be a good lad 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    I feel so sorry for the team and management. This has been such a cruel season actually I think the most heart breaking in 25 years of supporting the club. 

Probably more that could be added to this list but looking at the list it's incredible what they have had to put up with . 

1) Lowest budget in the division
    2) Signings made late in the window 
    3) Lyle taylor and Joe Aribo contract cock ups 
    4) Connor Gallagher recalled 
    5) The Worst and longest injury crisis ever 
    6) Transfer Embargo 
    7) ESI take over 
    8) Unusual very high points total to stay in the division
    9) Taylor refusal to play ( don't think Solly would have made a difference)
    10) incredible bad luck

A big thanks to Lee Bowyer and the team they gave everything and can hold their heads up high. The last season when we went down from the championship where pathetic I feel the team did all they could in appalling circumstances.

This really hurts and feels like a friend has passed away. Can't think of worst night 

This is totally fair. I do think there is a slight criticism of the tactics of holding on from winning/drawing positions. It isn't just Bowyer, but I do worry that many managers just cant see this approach loses you points unless you have a very strong defence. But with the resources Bowyer had, you have to say he did well this season. All the setbacks will have taken its toll and I hope he'll get a chance to do some fishing and then go again with half decent support from those above.
  • Options
    Fully expect JJ to be manager next season 
    Why would he want to stay and manage this utter shambles, a club with about 10 senior players and unable to make any signings?

Wouldn't he go wherever Bowyer goes?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I expect that outcome too. Birmingham will pay a fee for Bowyer.
  • Options
    Thanks for all you did boys. A fantastic effort considering what you had to put up with. COYRs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be very happy with Jacko
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    supaclive said:
    Impossible job
    Nearly achieved 
    Star striker quits on us
    Best player leaves us in January 
    Crippling injuries 
    Toxic cancer running the club
    What have we done to deserve this
    Agree with all the above. You can add to the list the incredible bad luck we have had since the restart. Every key decision went against us, ridiculous luck for opponents and other teams with flukey, breakaway, 90+ minute winners. When you consider Wigan’s points deduction, the only point in the entire season that we were ever actually in the relegation place so was when Barnsley scored in the 93rd minute of their last game of the entire season.

You really couldn’t write a script with so much bad luck against us, could you?! Such a shame. Is there any way back?
  • Options
    I don’t get why people criticising the tactics, team selection and players’ performances since the return are getting grief. 

With all that has gone on we finished where we were probably expected to finish, but If you look at the match threads and post match threads you will see a lot of criticism of Bowyer and the players. 

Would a more experienced manager kept us up - possibly 

Do I think Bowyer should stay - definitely 

But enough with the revisionist history that there should be no criticism of Bowyer and the players 

• Options
    robroy said:
    It’s Jason Euell’s time! 

In all honesty I’ll just be happy if we actually start next season.

Thanks to Bowyer, JJ & Gallen - Wembley was great, we weren’t good enough this season, enjoy the rest of your careers.
  • Options
    Thank you Lee and to all of your team for some brilliant memories. Portsmouth away. Both legs against Doncaster in the play offs. The play off final all memories I won't forget. So sorry for the shit they have had to put up with. Don't blame them if they leave now 
  • Options
    Thanks for the good memories, Lee Bowyer and Coaching Staff and how we came through the play-offs, culminating in the Wembley win. 

So many problems on and off the pitch, so no wonder at times, especially since the mini League started that there were some strange selections. Playing Ossie ahead of Doughty on 4 occasions was strange. I accepted it against Hull who had a left sided player on the right, but why after that ?

So must nonsense for Lee to navigate, especially the fake transfer window that was a total charade in January. Southall makes Duchatelet seem like a decent caring owner. ( Which Roland isn't)

Heartbreak for Lee Bowyer's tenure to come to an end now, but hopefully for him a concrete offer comes in from Birmingham as I believe others are ahead of him regarding the Bristol City job.

If Jackson stays, his remit will be to keep Cafc in League 1; that's how far we have fallen and we will be run on a shoestring budget. 

Even tougher days ahead.

• Options
    I think the management team, of Lee, Jacko, Steve and the rest of the support team and the players have been brilliant, until the bunch of crooks ESI came along, I think we would have finished mid table.
  • Options
    I think the management team, of Lee, Jacko, Steve and the rest of the support team and the players have been brilliant, until the bunch of crooks ESI came along, I think we would have finished mid table.
    We'd actually have probably stayed up if we'd still had Roland in charge as we'd have been able to sign some players in January. 
  • Options
    Total respect for LB, JJ and SG. Very nearly pulled off Mission Impossible despite the utter shambles behind the scenes. Would love to see them all stay next season but would not blame them for exiting the madhouse ASAP. They would go with my best wishes.
     I also salute all those players who gave everything they could until the final kick. It's just a shame we will not be seeing some of them in a Charlton shirt next season.
     So many 'if onlys' which have been covered by other posters but I'm still proud to be a Charlton fan. I just hope for an ownership miracle before next season kicks off.
     Finally, Lyle Taylor is a complete waster. Just two words for him - Jude Bellingham. The Brum kid has class and bottle, something ego-maniac Taylor is sadly lacking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackburn and West Brom away we looked a good bloody side held our own 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    It’s Jason Euell’s time! 

In all honesty I’ll just be happy if we actually start next season.

Thanks to Bowyer, JJ & Gallen - Wembley was great, we weren’t good enough this season, enjoy the rest of your careers.

Jason and JJ would be decent.

Jason wouldn't want to be a number 2 at this point in his coaching career and Johnny would want to pick the team I would imagine.

I just hope we can survive.
  • Options
    I've just remembered the Bowyer contract cock up last summer. Roland announced he was going then he signed 24 hours later. He's put up with so much crap 
  • Options
    If it’s a shambles at the top, it severely limits what those in the factory can do. There’s always things that Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen could have done better. There’s always more that the players could have done. But, it all pales into insignificance compared to how much more the appalling owners of this club could have done. On that basis, Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and the players deserve praise; they did their best and more. I fear for what happens next season. I hope we’ve still got some good people doing their best for the club. I have serious doubts and I’m an optimist by nature.
  • Options
    If Bowyer goes let’s hope he spills the beans rather than covering up the shitness of the scum that have been involved in our club . Will be strange if he keeps quiet 
    I’d agree, @oohaahmortimer, but I’m not sure those involved in running the club know what shame is.
  • Options
    RalphMilne must watch football and have clarity like his namesake's worse days in a Dundee Tennent's Tenement Paradise.  Complete loon from troon.

Cheers to Lee, the players and backroom staff.  Last season was brilliant football.  A miracle compared to the flat and ironically unexpansive Messy 2009 4-2-3-1 Robinsonshitio tried to employ with L1 average footballers, just a season before.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Whilst LB, JJ and SG were doing their best to build something special, arseholes like Southall were doing their best to dismantle it brick by brick. Proud of your achievements Southall? I would suggest you never again set foot in SE7.
    If Bowyer decides to ply his trade elsewhere this summer, he departs with my very best wishes and heartfelt thanks for giving me one of the best days during my 61 years as an Addick. That finale at Wembley 14 months ago was as good as it gets for a Charlton fan. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I agree Ohhaah from a personal point of anger.  But he's been unbelievably professional and diplomatic up until now.  He should concentrate on his next venture and lose no time thinking on the mess at Charlton.  Hopefully someone can write a book on this mess and Lee and others will frankly tell all, so everyone knows how dodgy the Bassini led boys are and their dodgy lawyer Farnell is.

What am I saying?  We all know how dodgy Bassini, Southall, Nimer, Farnell and Elliot are.
  • Options
    A big thank you to Lee and his whole team, and all the players. You all did the very best you could in the worst of circumstances. I hope all of you stay with the club, but for those that are moving on, all the very best in your future careers.