Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A massive thanks to Bowyer, Jacko and team...

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Completely echo the opening post and many others. What they have had to put up with, and to still make us competitive up until the final day, has been nothing short of astonishing. 

If Lee had stability and proper backing (I am assuming PV and Barclay would have provided this), then I am positive we would be promoted to the Premier League within a couple of seasons. Alas it's not to be and like us fans, Lee has been massively let down and our aspirations extinguished. For how long, I don't know. 

If I were Lee, I would seriously consider taking the Birmingham job - who knows what he will left with here once the dust has settled. 

My main anger (and being honest some apathy) lies with the owners, both RD and especially ESI. This relegation was totally avoidable and that's what hurts the most.
  • Options
    I can't believe the job Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and the rest of the team have done. We must have been on one of the/if not the smallest budget in the division. We faced an injury crisis, before facing an off the field meltdown, after years of under investment.

I hope they are all able to finally have a rest, they've deserved it, before we go again next year.
  • Options
    Gutted for them, Bow, Jacko and the rest of the  team gave everything to the cause and you can see that are hurting. Wanted blame any single one of them if they left in the summer the way things have been run down there and have never used it as an excuse. 
  • Options
    I too would like offer my thanx and gratitude to Lee Bowyer and his staff they done an amazing job with there hands tied behind there backs and so much shit going on behind the scenes WELL DONE GUYS
  • Options
    If Bowyer goes (looking inevitable) will Gallen go as well?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    A tremendous achievement by the players and playing staff that completed the season in difficult circumstances. To have come within minutes of staying up despite the lack of investment in the squad is quite remarkable. It’s very much a roller coaster ride on the addicks express. Silver lining for me is a local game in Pompey, all the pointers are towards a rough ride ahead, better hold on tight!
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I would be very happy with Jacko
    I'm not so sure he will stay. If Bowyer goes then I can see Jacko (and Gallen) going as a team :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    And who could blame them?
  • Options
    You dont have to agree that he always got it right to think that he performed well above what we could expect.

I personally think he set up badly at first against leeds but that doesnt take away from his accomplishments and doesn't make me think there was anyone who could've done better.
  • Options
    The management team are massively in credit over the last 2-3 years for what they've achieved in frankly shambolic circumstances. Of course Bowyer has made mistakes - I think the pressure got to him slightly in the last few weeks - but that's understandable

I think Bowyer will leave, but to have a break from football and return to his fishing lake. Birmingham are hardly an attractive prospect, he can wait for better offers

Jacko would jump at the chance of taking over.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I am deeply sceptical about calling for Jackson as manager when Bowyer leaves. There is absolutely no evidence that he has the strength of character or tactical skills for the job.

Folk seem to forget that as a player he captained us to relegation - and openly admitted it was the players' fault, not Duchatelet's.  And now he is assistant manager, guiding us down to League One again.

Note that Middlesbrough appointed Warnock, an experienced manager, when they looked doomed.  And he has kept them up.

• Options
    Bowyer just been on Talksport his pain was so obvious, he is definitely one of us.
  • Options
    LB and his team have done an unbelievable job,and given us hope when we have so many problems. 
  • Options
    Nothing but praise for the management team, I just hope they stick around.

i think this relegation hurts more because we were literally seconds from staying up (fucking Brentford), is resigned myself to relegation before the game and gave up watching our game at 3-0 but to then have it snatched away like that was painful 
  • Options
    Bowyer jacko and the rest of the management team gave us hope, thanks Gents

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We dust ourselves down and go again. I would be happy with JJ and Chrissy Powell as a director of football. Or Jase and Chrissy doing the same role. They would be the manager, but Chrissy could be there for them. 

Ultimately, pointless until we get rid of the bastards that need to go. Duchatelet and ESI deserve the worst. 
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer I thank you and respect you for your fantastic Loyalty and hard work under very difficult circumstances caused by SCUM like Roland Rat and Matt Southall and finally Lyle Taylor who should be put down.
    i don’t want you to leave, but I wish you all the success in the world if you do.
    you are a top man and a very good manager 👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Not much to add to what has already been said. LB, Jacko and Gallen put us in a place where we had a great chance of survival amidst a backdrop of uncertainty and madness. I hope they all stay but would understand if they didn’t. How many of us would work for a company with this much craziness going on? 
  • Options
    We dust ourselves down and go again. I would be happy with JJ and Chrissy Powell as a director of football. Or Jase and Chrissy doing the same role. They would be the manager, but Chrissy could be there for them. 

Ultimately, pointless until we get rid of the bastards that need to go. Duchatelet and ESI deserve the worst. 
    I would imagine Chris Powell is very happy in his role with the national team and highly unlikely to want to move from that to the disaster area that is CAFC right now!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    LTKapal said:
    Someone should send LB this thread to cheer up his day

Barring maybe the last day which is unsurprising due to the quality of the Leeds team and a few issues with goalscoring outside of our control I think we went down as fighters and I can respect that. 
    Yes, I would love to hear that Lee received our sentiments of thanks and gratitude. Anyone 'in the know' able to point him in the direction of this thread? Would it be over the top to have some sort of collection (like you do when a work colleague leaves) to buy him something to remember us by? I am happy to contribute £20.
  • Options
    Thank you all for everything you've done for this club, you could've walked away at any point, but you chose to stay and that makes you all heroes. 

Thanks for giving us hope.
  • Options
    Bowyer on Talksport clearly devastated and upset. Meeting Paul Elliot today. 
  • Options
    Nothing but praise for the management team, I just hope they stick around.

i think this relegation hurts more because we were literally seconds from staying up (fucking Brentford), is resigned myself to relegation before the game and gave up watching our game at 3-0 but to then have it snatched away like that was painful 

People also forget that we ended the season with Doughty, Davison, Bonne, Aneke and Morgan in the side.

Morgan and Doughty were on loan in non league earlier in the season.
    Bonne was non league last season.
    Aneke was league 2 last season.
    Davison was playing in the Isthmian league last season.

And we're trying to compete with teams who have players signed for 10m+
    Turned over to the Brentford game middle of second half as it became more relevant than Elland Rd. Great celebrations when they equalised, but disgraceful bottle jobs last two games since WBA lost at Huddersfield. I now hope they fail in the play-offs. Devestating when Barnsley nicked it.