Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options

More decent media coverage with a Louis Mendez retweet from Henry Winter (1.2 million followers)
    1.2m followers, mostly Football fans and other journalist.

Still think it was "pointless" @PalaceHater?
    Unless you are living under a rock you know the efl are cnuts, entering the ground illegally and helping yourself to bottles of wine isn’t going to look great is it, and now with the police attending just don’t think it puts the fans in a fantastic light. 

Each to there own, but ultimately elliots case is 1st sept? So I don’t not see how today will effect that. 
    Are you Derek???
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    looks as if they're out of the boardroom now, hats off to everyone involved. Wish i could've made it but you've all made me so proud to be a charlton fan today

Edit: okay not all of them are out then, can't see NLA's tweets so was unaware some were still inside. KEEP IT UP!! 
  • Options
    Sounds like Dodger had to go outside for whatever ever reason as have seen a few tweets to NLA advising him to go down to get him
  • Options
    A sad showing of the situation when fans break into the boardroom and there’s nobody even there to call the old bill!

Good effort.
    To be fair, even if we had normal owners, why would anyone senior from the club be at The Valley on a non matchday Saturday during the off season? I doubt the Millwall owners and management will be at The Den today either.
    Er, because, this was widely publicised and therefore their job to be there rather than hide away from their customers. 
    I doubt their job description states they need to face a demonstration by fans, that's what security is for. 
    Any manager worth their salt would be supporting their staff and not expecting them to deal with issues that may or may not arise.
    Murray proved that dialogue eases rage and tension. 
    No underlings should be facing problems created by their absent managers. If senior staff/owners were there, perhaps the doors wouldn't have been accidentally left open. 
    Accidentally...?
    I couldn't be arsed with the quotation marks. 
  • Options
    Who has collected the money?
  • Options
    Maybe a bit late but could we set up a fundraising page for the nhs/upbeats for this? People can donate for however long people are in the boardroom for? Not sure how it would work... but just a thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks @Scoham
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    What a stupid jobs worth, we’ve all come across them from time to time..........unfortunately!
  • Options
    What a stupid jobs worth, we’ve all come across them from time to time.
    Especially the: Im in charge line when asked who his superior was

Why do you always seem to get brainless idiots in charge of even just one person who fails to remember that everything has a hierarchy, and that there is ALWAYS someone senior than you!!

Unless of course you're the Queen
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Everyone chill out. 

My points are;

we are still in the midst of a virus, we know this cost Of it massively By losing Seb, as far as I’m aware a gathering of more than 30 people is illegal it was widely criticised when Liverpool and Leeds had celebrations for there title wins, using this example as it is football related. 

At 11.59am this morning Paul Elliot has a court case on September 1st for an injunction to not sell Cafc and we have the Great Dane wanting to buy us. 
    At 5pm today Paul Elliot has a court case on September 1st for an injunction to not sell Cafc and we have the Great Dane wanting to buy us - this was my point about nothing really changing. 

Dodger and a lot of the lads in the protests I know personally am I not calling them thieves I was merely pointing out how it could be perceived
     “ paid my entry and now treating myself to a bottle of red “
    you know how media works these days, talking of dodger there were a lot of people on here talking a lot of shit about him and now you are rightfully praising him. 
    Regarding a door being open, that’s great if I walked into someone’s house because of a door being open I’m pretty sure there would be trouble, the last thing I want to see is fans arrested and facing bans from the club they love. 

Final point to call me a wally and have this idea that I’m not a fan, I’ve seen charlton play at 63 different grounds, have charlton tattoos, take my England and charlton flag all over Europe following England and being proud of the club I support. 

What I do find quite amusing is the hypocritical bs on here as I know the posters that were going into one over certain mass gatherings and a certain government member, they are also the posters that say things like “ they belong down at millwall” not knowing that these fans are the most vocal and are the most active today. 

Think that’s everything

cheers 

PH
    Back tracking or what!!!
    How about you explain your evidence that loyal fans stole some wine, something you stated twice, that’s outrageous.
    You made it up, unless you KNOW different that is?
    You talk about how the media works and yet you put out a lie about wine being stolen......Jeeezuz Christ man, let’s hope some of them don’t pick up on that little gem of falsehood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    as an organiser today cut @PalaceHater some slack, he hs travelled up and down the country following us and whilst I don't agree with his stance on today, that fine, thats life and his opinion is valid. 

We are all Charlton and thats what counts, he is not the problem, ESI and Roland are 

LLL&BH
    Point well made 
  • Options
    Everyone chill out. 

My points are;

we are still in the midst of a virus, we know this cost Of it massively By losing Seb, as far as I’m aware a gathering of more than 30 people is illegal it was widely criticised when Liverpool and Leeds had celebrations for there title wins, using this example as it is football related. 

At 11.59am this morning Paul Elliot has a court case on September 1st for an injunction to not sell Cafc and we have the Great Dane wanting to buy us. 
    At 5pm today Paul Elliot has a court case on September 1st for an injunction to not sell Cafc and we have the Great Dane wanting to buy us - this was my point about nothing really changing. 

Dodger and a lot of the lads in the protests I know personally am I not calling them thieves I was merely pointing out how it could be perceived
    you know how media works these days, talking of dodger there were a lot of people on here talking a lot of shit about him and now you are rightfully praising him. 
    Regarding a door being open, that’s great if I walked into someone’s house because of a door being open I’m pretty sure there would be trouble, the last thing I want to see is fans arrested and facing bans from the club they love. 

Final point to call me a wally and have this idea that I’m not a fan, I’ve seen charlton play at 63 different grounds, have charlton tattoos, take my England and charlton flag all over Europe following England and being proud of the club I support. 

What I do find quite amusing is the hypocritical bs on here as I know the posters that were going into one over certain mass gatherings and a certain government member, they are also the posters that say things like “ they belong down at millwall” not knowing that these fans are the most vocal and are the most active today. 

Think that’s everything

cheers 

PH
    Back tracking or what!!!
    Your opinion which your entitled to of course. I am quite clearly not there so can only comment on what I’ve seen. 
  • Options
    What a stupid jobs worth, we’ve all come across them from time to time..........unfortunately!
    Whilst I support everything today I do feel for the security guard, he is simply doing his job. He may support the protests but he wouldn't want the sack.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    as an organiser today cut @PalaceHater some slack, he hs travelled up and down the country following us and whilst I don't agree with his stance on today, that fine, thats life and his opinion is valid. 

We are all Charlton and thats what counts, he is not the problem, ESI and Roland are 

LLL&BH
    Thanks much appreciated, we don’t all get along on here but that’s life. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Everyone chill out. 

My points are;

Think that’s everything

cheers 

PH
    Back tracking or what!!!
    How about you explain your evidence that loyal fans stole some wine......that’s outrageous.
    You made it up, unless you KNOW different that is?
    Can you not read I said the statement of 
    paid my entry so treating myself to a bottle of red - is what I saw and I mistakenly took that as helped them self - which I apologise for. 

I don’t know why you are getting so bent out of shape over it, it was a comment that I’ve cleared up and you wish to carry it on further as if I’m about to be stuck on a cross. 

EDIT was told by Matt southall to help themselves. 

Please look on the Charlton Facebook group 

You also keep editing your post which I would call backtracking. 🤣🤣
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Whilst I support everything today I do feel for the security guard, he is simply doing his job. He may support the protests but he wouldn't want the sack.
    He is not a Security Guard he is a Police Officer
  • Options
    Best open day the club has ever put on.

My lad sat in the press seats, conducted an interview against the TV panel, sat in the dugout and done the tunnel jump better than Lyle ever did. Walked round and gave it to the absent away fans, sat in our seats in the East and then nostalgically visited my old seat in the North Upper.

4 pints of Guinness down the Anchor with good company and delighted that a ‘football day’ for once never got ruined by Charlton Bleeding Athletic :-) 
    You're welcome :-)
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    cfgs said:
    He is not a Security Guard he is a Police Officer
    He‘s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!