Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    The more non entity clubs like Brighton that go down, the more likely it is that Palace will go down next season. They're staying up by default season after season.
    “non-entity clubs”?
    Yeah - what the fuck does that make us?  :D
  • edited March 2021
    Newcastle will be going down for the third time since their awful owner took over. Two wins in their last 18 and the third worst goal differential in the league.
    It'll be a shame if they don't. The football at Brighton and Fulham is much better. I've yet to see a Newcastle game and be impressed by anything they've done.

Brighton are a well run club that have built their premier league success the right way imo. Plus they try to play good football, the league is better with them in it than the likes of Palace, Newcastle and WBA who all (for all intents and purposes) have the same manager dragging their sides over the 40 point mark by playing crap, boring football.
  • se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    The more non entity clubs like Brighton that go down, the more likely it is that Palace will go down next season. They're staying up by default season after season.
    “non-entity clubs”?
    Glass houses really isn’t it!

To be honest I read it and thought it sounded like the sort of thing some muggy plastic Man Utd or Liverpool fan from Surrey would say. 
  • edited March 2021
    Croydon said:
    Judging by your username I guess you don't say that down the pub to often 
    Quite the contrary to be fair, I never shy away from slagging those wankers off 🙂
  • se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    “non-entity clubs”?
    Boring clubs. Clubs who Sky/MOTD have to talk up to try and get you to watch.

Brighton are in the same category as Bournemouth to me. And watching them consistently piss about in the bottom 5 of the PL, helping keep Palace up, makes me want to see them relegated.
  • se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    “non-entity clubs”?
    We're absolutely a non-entity as well, only got to tell a stranger you support Charlton to realise that. 'Chelsea'? No, Charlton.
    'Oh, Cheltenham? With the horses?' 

But Brighton are a non entity in terms of Premier League football. Nice club with decent fans, but you wouldn't miss them from Super Sunday. 
  • Bruno Fernandes is a right ugly whiny little prick. Shut up and play football.
  • Could well be the end of Man City's run!!
  • Bruno Fernandes is a right ugly whiny little prick. Shut up and play football.
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play for more than a few minutes without moaning at something. Like he hates the game.
  •  Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’d really consider Wan Bissaka if I were Southgate.

Makes you sold defensively and would allow him much more creative freedom up the pitch. It suits our attacking talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
     Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’d really consider Wan Bissaka if I were Southgate.

Makes you sold defensively and would allow him much more creative freedom up the pitch. It suits our attacking talent.
    Henderson too is doing extremely well today 
  • Laddick01 said:
     Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’d really consider Wan Bissaka if I were Southgate.

Henderson too is doing extremely well today 
    If he can hold down this spot in the United team could he be first choice for England or will Southgate pick Pickford regardless?
  • Handbags from Ole and Pep...  :D
  • Handbags from Ole and Pep...  :D
    Great bit of social distancing from them both :D
  • Luke Shaw is a superb FPL player. My only decent pick 
  • City's finishing has been absolutely woeful today 
  • What's changed with Shaw in recent times? Change in application? Fitness? Realised how talented he is and that he can't waste it? Maturity?

He looks like the player everyone thought he could be in recent months
  • Sterling having a stinker. 
  • Sterling this season has been poor. Really shouldn't be an automatic pick for England this summer. 
  • edited March 2021
    havent had a bet on football for ages - decided to back city today f off 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    What's changed with Shaw in recent times? Change in application? Fitness? Realised how talented he is and that he can't waste it? Maturity?

Mourinho destroyed his confidence. He started less than 30 PL games in Mourinho's 30 month reign and perhaps it's taken a while for him to get it back. Shaw and Wan-Bissaka are major contributors to United's outstanding away record 
  • Laddick01 said:

Next couple of months will be interesting. On current form you can't really go with TAA, and if the Euro's started next week i think i'd go with Reece James. It can all change though.

Shaw has a great shout of getting in at left back, especially with Tuchel not picking Chilwell every game.
  • What's changed with Shaw in recent times? Change in application? Fitness? Realised how talented he is and that he can't waste it? Maturity?

Mourinho destroyed his confidence. He started less than 30 PL games in Mourinho's 30 month reign and perhaps it's taken a while for him to get it back. Shaw and Wan-Bissaka are manor contributors to United's outstanding away record 
    I think his fitness has improved too, there’s been times when it hasn’t looked great but he seems to have really stepped up since Jose left, credit to Shaw himself and Ole.
  • se9addick said:
    What's changed with Shaw in recent times? Change in application? Fitness? Realised how talented he is and that he can't waste it? Maturity?

Mourinho destroyed his confidence. He started less than 30 PL games in Mourinho's 30 month reign and perhaps it's taken a while for him to get it back. Shaw and Wan-Bissaka are manor contributors to United's outstanding away record 
    I think his fitness has improved too, there’s been times when it hasn’t looked great but he seems to have really stepped up since Jose left, credit to Shaw himself and Ole.
    I think he is somewhat unfortunate in that he is someone who will never have the stamp of an athlete. It's just the way he's made but he has pace and does the hard yards too. 
  • How the feck are Palace level in this game

How the feck was it Benteke that scored!! 
  • Laddick01 said:

Next couple of months will be interesting. On current form you can't really go with TAA, and if the Euro's started next week i think i'd go with Reece James. It can all change though.

Shaw has a great shout of getting in at left back, especially with Tuchel not picking Chilwell every game.
    I don't think rotation is a problem for players as long as they get enough gametime

Indeed with the incredibly packed fixture list, burnout may be a problem for some players
  • edited March 2021
    Spurs now 3-1 up, fully expecting Palace to win 5-3 with no further efforts on goal

Edited accordingly
  • 3-1

Amazing what happens when you ditch the bus!!!!
  • FFS Kane, stop giving assists to Bale. I captained Son this week in my Fantasy team!
  • That's embarrassing 
    And Dion Dublin said he didn't even receive treatment 😂