Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020-21 Season Ticket renewals

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Just renewed mine, wanted to get in ahead of the hordes that will be signing up after TS is formally announced! 
    Ooops...😣
  • Options
    Be Interested to hear if the club plan to limit season ticket sales to say 6,500 to ensure all that have a season ticket will be able to attend when the ground opens.

Obviously, that would upset some but I think the club owes it to those who have committed to support the club in these uncertain times. 

Plus it means they won’t need to change seating plans once the social bubbles are in place. 

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Deleted as I miss read the post 

6500 is a good shout as it leaves a ok amount for walk ups 
  • Options
    I’m unsure at the moment . My head says no , but my heart is a yes . 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Be Interested to hear if the club plan to limit season ticket sales to say 6,500 to ensure all that have a season ticket will be able to attend when the ground opens.

Obviously, that would upset some but I think the club owes it to those who have committed to support the club in these uncertain times. 

Plus it means they won’t need to change seating plans once the social bubbles are in place. 

Thats great until 30% are missing every week and lots of people miss out for nothing. At 8500 I'm sure there would be some left for walk ups. Premier league teams are having to manage on a 30% capacity in sold out stadiums mainly all ST holders.
    Hopefully the club will be able to sell up to 8,500. I guess that will be dependent on the social bubbles and seating plans and demand. 

The club knows how many people it will be able to admit so really should not sell tickets that they can’t deliver A product on. Judging by a majority of comments if TS isn’t successful in his Takeover we won’t sell anywhere near 6,500 let alone 8,500. 

Guess the fallback is that all EFL games will be streamed and I suspect some people would rather watch via this method than have to go to the games, especially those with underlying health  Conditions  and I wouldn’t blame them. 

To be honest I don’t care about the Premier League and their fans, they have shown how much they care about the lower league teams during this pandemic. If they aren’t going to stream games so those that can’t attend can still watch then hopefully they will get a backlash from the fans. I doubt it though. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Makes sense to me, good that some will be kept back for single games. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    MattF said:
    Makes sense to me, good that some will be kept back for single games. 
    Yeah, and glad there's a season ticket cap rather than selling more than they can accommodate
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Does that mean then that existing season ticket holders seats will now be voided & put on open sale  ?

Currently last years season ticket seats are "blacked out" & not yet open for purchase. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Does that mean then that existing season ticket holders seats will now be voided & put on open sale  ?

Currently last years season ticket seats are "blacked out" & not yet open for purchase. 
    I interpreted it that at 5pm next Thursday and reserved seats from last season will be voided, and after that you'll have to choose from available bubble groups of seats
  • Options
    Anyone else tempted to get a ticket in the Jimmy Seed lol

Think it's the only stand I have never watched a Charlton game in haha

• Options

Pretty sure I had a ST in the Jimmy Seed stand when we first moved back (I would have been 6 years old so could have imagined this!). If I’m right then I’ve had a season ticket in every stand. 

• Options
    se9addick said:

Pretty sure I had a ST in the Jimmy Seed stand when we first moved back (I would have been 6 years old so could have imagined this!). If I’m right then I’ve had a season ticket in every stand. 

I had a ticket in the Seed stand when we went back. Only for that season though, managed to swap to the covered end the following season 
  • Options
    My boys have been on at me to renew our season tickets. I just can’t bring myself to do it with all the uncertainty going on. 
  • Options

Will try it for a game or 2, depends where the drums end up (if they are allowed in) 
  • Options
    Never sat in the Jimmy Seed before. Only stand I’ve never been in at The Valley. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I had a ticket in the Seed stand when we went back. Only for that season though, managed to swap to the covered end the following season 
    Cool, glad I didn’t imagine it!! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Correct.

Also in '98 for the opening game against Southampton.  West Upper season ticket holders were then in their own seats for the next game.
  • Options
    My boys have been on at me to renew our season tickets. I just can’t bring myself to do it with all the uncertainty going on. 
    Stay strong Dicky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Bit the bullet and did it today.  Confident in the Dane!  But bought on Barclaycard so it it all goes tits up...should have some comeback.
  • Options

Seriously, are they for sale in the jimmy seed stand?
  • Options

They will be in a couple of weeks
  • Options

Thats what the link says, once they make them available again after doing the covid spacing they will be available in the Jimmy Seed as well
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Jimmy Seed season ticket when it becomes available has got to be same price as North Lower I would imagine, then if at some point say 2021 away fans are allowed back your seat would be moved to North Lower then.

Unless this is them saying they dont expect away fans all season

• Options
    edited September 2020
    paulie8290 said: 

Watched the Back to the Valley game in there nearly 30 years ago  ;).
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Jimmy Seed season ticket when it becomes available has got to be same price as North Lower I would imagine, then if at some point say 2021 away fans are allowed back your seat would be moved to North Lower then.

Unless this is them saying they dont expect away fans all season

I assume when they allow away fans back in you'll just be moved, the form for season ticket holders to fill in asks if you'd use print at home or mobile tickets, so there's a lot of flexibility with the seating.

Also possible that as the lower west is apparently not in use, they may a small section of that for away fans
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    paulie8290 said: 

Watcherd the Back to the Valley game in there nearly 30 years ago  ;).
    Ditto, RC.

Chose our seats in the East Stand when it was due to open via  a personal tour from the legend that is Steve Dixon.
  • Options
    I've never sat in the Jimmy Seed or stood down that end

But then I've never sat the upper tier of the West or CE or the corner quadrants either!