Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020-21 Season Ticket renewals

Comments

• Options
    Glad I got in there yesterday now!
  • Options
    £550 for league one is absolutely mental, pretty sure that's the most expensive in the league. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I've just renewed and i can confirm that season ticket holders seats are still held from last season even though with the new rules you might not actually get that seat if you do get picked out to be able to attend.
  • Options
    £550 for league one is absolutely mental, pretty sure that's the most expensive in the league. 
    Hopefully that will be addressed next season.
  • Options
    With TS in control next season season tickets will be available in the Covered End, East Stand, West Stand ... with the hardcore fans sited in the Moshpit.

;)
  • Options
    With TS in control next season season tickets will be available in the Covered End, East Stand, West Stand ... with the hardcore fans sited in the Moshpit.

;)
    That going to be the Directors Box then? - Cant wait to see Sue taking the lead with these scenes!!

• Options

;)
    That going to be the Directors Box then? - Cant wait to see Sue taking the lead with these scenes!!

The Directors' Box will be the Poshpit.
  • Options
    I've just renewed; hopeful that I'll be supporting a new owner (TS) as well as LB and the boys. The thing that clinched it was the thought that I'd risk not getting a seat due to the inevitable capacity restrictions. I suppose if the worst comes to the worst I'll just stay in The Pilot and get quietly drunk whilst watching the match on my phone! Have applied to be in a bubble of six of us; we'll often be in the same bubble in the pub anyway!
  • Options
    I've just renewed; hopeful that I'll be supporting a new owner (TS) as well as LB and the boys. The thing that clinched it was the thought that I'd risk not getting a seat due to the inevitable capacity restrictions. I suppose if the worst comes to the worst I'll just stay in The Pilot and get quietly drunk whilst watching the match on my phone! Have applied to be in a bubble of six of us; we'll often be in the same bubble in the pub anyway!
    Yeah this was one of the reasons why I decided to renew yesterday

I'm confident of TS taking over now so less concerned about losing my money if we went out of business

But ideally dont want to be sitting in a completely different area to normal
  • Options
    Yeah this was one of the reasons why I decided to renew yesterday

I'm confident of TS taking over now so less concerned about losing my money if we went out of business

But ideally dont want to be sitting in a completely different area to normal
    I'm hoping that me and my parents (and now grandson no 2) will be able to keep our normal seats when we're allowed back in.

We've been practising "social distancing" for years on the back row of the top shelf of the Cupboard End - we normally have that row to ourselves (and occasionally my brother and his son if they come) and the row or two in front of us as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powder is still dry.  When i see it on the webshite...
  • Options
    Not renewed. Was thinking of it (when TS confirmed) but today’s Covid news made me think the October opening up of stadiums is probably on the back-burner (Johnson used the term ‘under-review’ I recall). 
  • Options
    I don't think stadiums will be open for a while, it would cause up roar if you can watch a game of football with thousands outside but limited to 6 family members everywhere else. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    After the horseracing farce at Doncaster where fans are now not allowed even though they had all the safeguards in place with just 24 hours notice I just can't see spectators being allowed back in football stadiums any time soon??
  • Options
    Yes, got a horrible feeling that live football will be delayed and delayed  :/
  • Options
    I genuinely admire the devotion of all those who have renewed but under all the circumstances I cannot find a single reason to do so.  Doesn't make me any less of a fan.  I'll still be hanging on every result and hoping for the day we can be normal again but there is absolutely zero about the anticipated matchday experience, league1 and the price that makes me even remotely interested in renewing at the moment.  I'm trying to make myself feel bad about the fact that I feel this way but I just can't.  Sorry.
  • Options
    Most likely buy ours before the deadline on Thursday. Buy the cheapest ones going in the Covered End as likely to be sitting elsewhere anyway. Worse case scenario is the club will allow viewing of iplayer for free.
  • Options
    Most likely buy ours before the deadline on Thursday. Buy the cheapest ones going in the Covered End as likely to be sitting elsewhere anyway. Worse case scenario is the club will allow viewing of iplayer for free.
    Don't complain when/if the club do not handle refunds satisfactory, please.
  • Options
    I genuinely admire the devotion of all those who have renewed but under all the circumstances I cannot find a single reason to do so.  Doesn't make me any less of a fan.  I'll still be hanging on every result and hoping for the day we can be normal again but there is absolutely zero about the anticipated matchday experience, league1 and the price that makes me even remotely interested in renewing at the moment.  I'm trying to make myself feel bad about the fact that I feel this way but I just can't.  Sorry.
    No need to apologise, each to their own.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Mrkinski said:
    Not renewed. Was thinking of it (when TS confirmed) but today’s Covid news made me think the October opening up of stadiums is probably on the back-burner (Johnson used the term ‘under-review’ I recall). 
    Same here - sort of - I stopped buying a ticket a few years ago as a protest but intended to buy when ownership issues were sorted. I think this will be pushed back, but even if it isn't, I'm not sure I would want to risk it. Not so much for me, but for my family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well I succumbed and renewed my season ticket, in hopes of new owner. Then a few hours later I see the news about the tighter covid restrictions, shows what a fool to let 
    heart rule head.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    well I succumbed and renewed my season ticket, in hopes of new owner. Then a few hours later I see the news about the tighter covid restrictions, shows what a fool to let 
    heart rule head.
    There’s two ways I’m looking at it, I’m either going to get to watch some football some time or if not I’m making a contribution to help the running of my club survive the biggest crisis ever experienced in football since the 2nd World War. 
    Or lining the pockets of crooks and chancers making their fleecing easier 

or welcoming TS in the right way 🤷‍♂️

aaaaah its doing my noggin in 

fuck Charlton conscience🤪 

• Options
    A total quandary, had a season ticket for years. Not renewed yet, reasons not sure where my money was going, would club exist. Not sure when allowed to watch. After the current restrictions were announced it would be totally offensive to allow fans into football when you cannot meet all your family, so I cannot see football attendance for a long time.
    will always be Charlton, COYR
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    msomerton said:
    heart rule head.
    There’s two ways I’m looking at it, I’m either going to get to watch some football some time or if not I’m making a contribution to help the running of my club survive the biggest crisis ever experienced in football since the 2nd World War. 
    Weird, I thought that was what the new owner was going to do.. especially as we are always told that season ticket money is released game by game to the club. Everyone has reasons both ways and all are valid 👍
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    heart rule head.
    I've bought a season-ticket. In a sense, it's a bet that Sandgaard takes over and also that we will be allowed to see some football. The possibility of a refund for games that are behind closed doors, then maybe that's a bit of insurance. But if I don't see any football and don't get a refund....well, then I've lost the bet. Too bad. 
  • Options

This looks like being the first time since about 1975 that I have not bought a season ticket.  I just can’t justify it with the ownership problems and Covid 19.  It still doesn’t stop me feeling bad about it though. 

I will probably buy one If TS completes his takeover as a show of faith even if I cannot attend any matches.

• Options
    I can find no details on the CAFC website about the Club continuing to hold our season ticket seats to prevent them being used by other fans.
    Initially, there was a deadline of July 31st but then I think the Club announced the deadline was being extended for renewal but I've heard nothing since.
    Does anyone know what thew current position is--a group of us, who sit together, in the East Stand want to renew but only once we know about the ownership of the Club.

• Options
    dwb said:
    I can find no details on the CAFC website about the Club continuing to hold our season ticket seats to prevent them being used by other fans.
    Initially, there was a deadline of July 31st but then I think the Club announced the deadline was being extended for renewal but I've heard nothing since.
    Does anyone know what thew current position is--a group of us, who sit together, in the East Stand want to renew but only once we know about the ownership of the Club.

Ring 0208 333-4000, they have always been very helpful when I have rung.