Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020-21 Season Ticket renewals

Comments

• Options
    Back in the day, you could do North, South, East & West all in the same game.
    Especially against the likes of Pompey (with Millwall at Waterloo obvs).
  • Options
    Anyone else tempted to get a ticket in the Jimmy Seed lol

Think it's the only stand I have never watched a Charlton game in haha

Seriously, are they for sale in the jimmy seed stand?
    I’m not sure you would want a season ticket in the JS. Maybe one match, just to tick it off, but to pay money for a whole season with worse facilities and that fecking pillar in the way... 
  • Options
    Jimmy Seed season ticket when it becomes available has got to be same price as North Lower I would imagine, then if at some point say 2021 away fans are allowed back your seat would be moved to North Lower then.

Unless this is them saying they dont expect away fans all season

It's a very good view in the away end, more elevated than the Covered End lower. 
  • Options
    I've never sat in the Jimmy Seed or stood down that end

But then I've never sat the upper tier of the West or CE or the corner quadrants either!
    What! Never sat in the Covered End! How can you sing 'We are Charlton, super Charlton, Covered End' with a clear conscience! 😉
  • Options
    And it kept you fit having to perform a personal best to make sure you  weren't going to be lapped 😨.
  • Options
    Tempted - but to much uncertainty / money staying put .....remember watching Sam Bartram taking goal kicks from Jimmy seed end and watching Charlie Wright letting the ball go through his legs whilst stand under the clock to left of the covered end - 

sure we wanted Glikstein in those days 
  • Options
    Did mine, what could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    And it kept you fit having to perform a personal best to make sure you  weren't going to be lapped 😨.
    I always stood my ground.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I've never sat in the Jimmy Seed or stood down that end

But then I've never sat the upper tier of the West or CE or the corner quadrants either!
    What! Never sat in the Covered End! How can you sing 'We are Charlton, super Charlton, Covered End' with a clear conscience! 😉
    Never sat in the UPPER Covered End!

Was in the CE (proper) between 92 and 94, though returned there for 1 FA Cup match a couple of seasons ago for old times sake!
  • Options
    Personally don't agree with the 7,000 cap. I don't know any other club doing this. It could cause long term damage when things get back to normal. Seems a desperate attempt to get people to renew early.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    anybody know how many sold so far btw?

The dates are interesting. Appeal court decision by Wednesday 5pm. No more tickets sold from Thursday. Could be busy online Wednesday evening? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Personally don't agree with the 7,000 cap. I don't know any other club doing this. It could cause long term damage when things get back to normal. Seems a desperate attempt to get people to renew early.

Its far less hassle than pulling names from hats, refunding money and messing with the seat lay out every few weeks ! People would rightly kick off if they missed a 'big' game.
  • Options
    redman said:

I thought all clubs were limited to a 30% capacity?
    The lower west is supposed to be closed because you have players/staff/owners in that area.
    Therefore the capacity comes down to @22,000.
    So 7000 S/T holders and 1,200 non S/T holders seems about right to me.
  • Options
    redman said:

The lower west is supposed to be closed because you have players/staff/owners in that area.
    You shouldn’t have close off a 5,000+ tier just for players etc surely?
  • Options
    redman said:

Agreed, I don't know why the ends of the stand can't be open, perhaps they will be.
    Maybe it's to do with access & facilities etc and having to avoid the players, officials etc.
  • Options
    redman said:

I dont see 'normal' happening this season 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    redman said:

I dont see 'normal' happening this season 
    There is nothing 'normal' about Charlton.
  • Options
    Under the current climate, you are creating problems and satisfaction issues if you sell more tickets than you can accommodate.
  • Options
    Have taken the chance and renewed four tickets this afternoon. We have taken the view that its our charlton and we want to carry on watching them come what may but desperately hope that the parasites are replaced by TS sooner than later.

• Options
    redman said:

If it is going to be like when the season restarted then 1 set of players come out via the lounges, down past the director box area & onto the pitch that way. So I suppose they want to keep that part of the West Stand sterile.

I doubt we will have much past 6k season ticket holders anyway so I expect anyone who will want to go can. Even if we sold 8k-10k season tickets a % of those wont go due to Covid so still dont think there will be a problem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    The hell?! It won't let me renew my ST as it says I'm not entitled to apply for an 'Adult' ticket as 'age is unknown', but then the date of birth section in my profile is greyed-out and won't let me update! Fucksake sort it out

EDIT: Have emailed the mysterious entity 'tickets@cafc.co.uk', hopefully they can sort it
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The hell?! It won't let me renew my ST as it says I'm not entitled to apply for an 'Adult' ticket as 'age is unknown', but then the date of birth section in my profile is greyed-out and won't let me update! Fucksake sort it out
    I had that - I’ve not renewed yet, but wanted to change my address and couldn’t as it was greyed-out.  Out of interest I wanted to check how much I would be paying for our 3 season tickets so got as far as the check out and had the same issue as you with my ST. A quick email to the club and they updated everything for me. 

I now have the issue of not being able to get my 18 year old son a season ticket for the correct price - he is going to Uni but can’t get the discounted rate until he has university ID - which he won’t have until the middle of October.  Apparently I can get a refund if I pay the full amount and provide the ID at a later date. Not going down that route as I do not trust this club when it comes to money. Different story if TS gets the club.

• Options
    Leuth said:

EDIT: Have emailed the mysterious entity 'tickets@cafc.co.uk', hopefully they can sort it
    same issue when trying to renew my dad's. Why would they need to restrict who buys the most expensive bracket of ticket?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I had that - ring the ticket office and they update the system for you - it’s a bug in the system apparently 
  • Options
    All sorted now via email! Let's get ready to socially distaaaaance
  • Options
    Just renewed. Must be mad 😂
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Yep ur mad...😣
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    If it’s in you, it’s in you.

I just can’t see myself ever not going regardless of who owns it or what division we’re in. Tried that for a few months once and didn’t like it.

Renewed mine last week. 

Ditto.
  • Options
    I renewed last night after the revelations of the TS/RD deal emerged  ;)