Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    November 23 it is. Pearce says it might actually start on the 24th and take the rest of the week. He's now asking Chaisty for a timetable for disclosure/witness statements etc.
  • Options
    Can any legal eagles on here explain to how an appeal to yesterday’s ruling work / what effect it would have please ?
  • Options
    Wonder if we are breaking the law commenting on here as the hearing goes on?

• Options
    This could be playing into TS hands even more so now.

ESI need to get out quick before this gets anywhere near a trial.
    So unless the Turks are nearly there id say they are dead in the water. They probably don't even exist

...although one could argue that the sellers could up their price knowing that TS needs to get over the line in the next 2 months or so.
  • Options

Well Rich Cawley and Airman Brown are doing it?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Move it to Westminster Hall.🪓⚖️
  • Options

Of course not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are sold in the meantime then what would be the point of an appeal?

That's what's confusing me
    They want an appeal to get yesterday's decision overturned, so they get their injunction to prevent a sale.
    if Pearce doesn't grant leave to appeal then they can appeal directly to the Court of Appeal but it will be too late to stop a sale to TS or another party. This is all about getting their 'fair' share of whatever ESI sell to TNS for.
    Yep. And the right to chase Nimer (haha) and Southall (much more likely) for money they "shouldn't" have made by selling the club. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    meldrew66 said:

So unless the Turks are nearly there id say they are dead in the water. They probably don't even exist

...although one could argue that the sellers could up their price knowing that TS needs to get over the line in the 
  • Options
    Can any legal eagles on here explain to how an appeal to yesterday’s ruling work / what effect it would have please ?
    it will be heard too late to stop a sale, don't worry ...
  • Options

No because its not a criminal trial by jury. We would be if it was. 
  • Options
    Southall may be potless now but might have a couple of million from sale of CAFC before the appeal gets heard. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he's only 'rich' for five minutes! I despise the lot of them but would happily see Farnell and Elliott rewarded if it means Southall and Nimer have to pay.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

...although one could argue that the sellers could up their price knowing that TS needs to get over the line in the next 2 months or so.
    No I'm with Carly, Nimer will be desperate to sell and feck off before the trial. They won't hear from him again. 
  • Options
    Just a reminder that of #cafc has been sold by November, the parties will be contesting damages. The ownership of the club won’t be on the table. What we’re interested in is any appeal.
    Thank fuck for that
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

or ESI stalls not knowing how much they will owe ESI v2 if they lose 
  • Options
    Southall may be potless now but might have a couple of million from sale of CAFC before the appeal gets heard. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he's only 'rich' for five minutes! I despise the lot of them but would happily see Farnell and Elliott rewarded if it means Southall and Nimer have to pay.
    Happily? None of them deserve a penny so in a way I don't care which of them earn a few quid. 

No chance will Nimer have to pay, he'll disappear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why would that be breaking the law ? 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Is the judge allowing an appeal, or are they pursuing an appeal in spite of the judge? 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Or turn it around, if they haven’t sold they may lose the club for a £1. 

I think it is they that need to do a deal quickly. Time for a cheeky offer?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    meldrew66 said:

or ESI stalls not knowing how much they will owe ESI v2 if they lose 
    then they'd run the risk of Elliott overturning the injuction on appeal and could end up with nothing.
  • Options

You are not supposed to report on a case while it is in progress. Judge was clear on that in his opening remarks. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is the judge allowing an appeal, or are they pursuing an appeal in spite of the judge? 
    How can they do this?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

You are not supposed to report on a case while it is in progress. Judge was clear on that in his opening remarks. 
    That's what I was I thought I heard
  • Options
    Discussion about cost and case management and disclosure going on. Nothing of interest to fans!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I think he said screenshotting or filming the case . Not reporting on it . 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!