Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Permission to appeal refused.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha have that you mugs
  • Options
    Judge doesn't feel the decision was irrational, and thus refuses an appeal. 

TS, now is your chance!
  • Options
    Wonder if being called draconian didnt help

• Options
    If we are sold in the meantime then what would be the point of an appeal?

That's what's confusing me
    They want an appeal to get yesterday's decision overturned, so they get their injunction to prevent a sale.
    if Pearce doesn't grant leave to appeal then they can appeal directly to the Court of Appeal but it will be too late to stop a sale to TS or another party. This is all about getting their 'fair' share of whatever ESI sell to TNS for.
    Correct. The danger is if Pearce does grant an appeal, which is heard before a sale can go through.
    just means if an appeal was to be heard in two weeks the sale would need to go through by then. I don't think he'll grant it but leave it to them to go to the Court of Appeal which means it will take even longer.
  • Options
    Chaisty might be chasing shadows too for his money if he loses as Lex Dominus will probably shutdown. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Chaisty requests a "further restraint on the defendent for seven days" so his client can get in front of the Court of Appeals.

Chaisty now arguing for further period of restraint on defendant regarding sale in order to give him some chance to get before court of appeal anyway.
  • Options
    Chaisty says judge has balanced a certainty of loss for Lex Dominus against a possible risk for #cafc. No evidence risk will not continue to be suffered anyway.

What is this certainty of loss then? I thought a deal wasn’t imminent and we shouldn’t be listening to internet rumours.
  • Options
    God they really are desperate arent they!!
  • Options
    The appeal will have no consequences for Thomas Sandgaard if he is owner before then. It will simply be a case of ESI2 fighting for some of the lucre ESI1 have grabbed from the sale. Nimer can run away but Matt Southall can't. There is now a strong incentive for Nimer selling the club for a relatively small fee as that might persuade ESI2 to drop their interest given the costs involved and lack of certainty that those could be awarded as well. 
    If PE has loaned/given money to the club to pay wages, I imagine TS will return it to him?
    big IF, and if he has I very much doubt it's his money
    But it's under his name I imagine.

Either way I'm sure TS will want to start off with everything cleared up, and without the prospect of further action. No way would PE have invested/given/loaned money without some sort of paperwork, whether between him and CAFC or him and ESI.
    It's between him and ESI - that's why they are in court now and why they will be party to any trial. They are all losers but now it's about cutting their losses not profiteering at the expense of a new Charlton owner. Happy Days.
  • Options
    Bollocks, my connection dropped out and they wont let me back in
  • Options
    It is very unlikely for the judge to give permission to appeal his own decision - they are still at liberty to make an application to the Court of Appeal as they have indicated they will do.
    Saying that you are going to do it and actually doing are two separate things. 
  • Options
    Chaisty describes the judge's decision yesterday as "draconian". Says they'll be "chasing shadows" to recover any damages they win off Panorama Magic. Says it isn't "a risk they will be prejudiced - but a certainty".
    Then don't take cases for con-men. They have already been found guilty in the court of public opinion. The CAFC fans took care of that.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    So it is now purely between Lex Luther and Panorama to fight it out amongst themselves
    🙀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I've only seen a few QCs speak in court, but they've all put across their arguments with grace and decorum. I've never seen a QC get so down in the mud and dirty as Chaisty. 
  • Options
    Let me get this right.

These Mugs, Farnell, Elliott and the Egyptian have put 500k + into the club without actually ever owning it. They will now not see a penny of this!? 

• Options
    kentred2 said:
    Chaisty might be chasing shadows too for his money if he loses as Lex Dominus will probably shutdown. 
    he won't but the Solicitors who appointed him may be.
  • Options
    This could mean that @SandgaardThomas cannot buy the shares in ESI until they court of appeal decides whether it will allow Lex Dominus to appeal. Seven days suggested by Chaisty.
  • Options
    Chaisty requests a "further restraint on the defendent for seven days" so his client can get in front of the Court of Appeals.

Chaisty now arguing for further period of restraint on defendant regarding sale in order to give him some chance to get before court of appeal anyway.
    Potentially a nuisance. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Let me get this right.

These Mugs, Farnell, Elliott and the Egyptian have put 500k + into the club without actually ever owning it. They will now not see a penny of this!? 

They can't buy the club for £1 but are willing too part with £500k+.
  • Options
    Judge Pearce doesn't feel his decision yesterday was "irrational" and he refuses the right to appeal.
    What a guy! Is there a place for him on TS's new board?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!