Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Putting together a nice squad at Sheffield. Clearly going to be doing the opposite to us and trying to physically dominated other clubs. Keeping Bannan was huge plus for them.

Thought they were a dodgy, skint and under FA,EFL sanction football club?

Oh well, magic'd away I suppose?
    The only player they've paid a fee for so far is Akin, a player we had an option to buy but concluded we didn't want.

Not sure they're under sanctions, but their owner has to give the EFL assurances about ability to fund them each season. During their last two years in the Championship, they lost around  £25m in each and were circa £125m in debt when relegated to L1.  Don't know about last season yet.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Putting together a nice squad at Sheffield. Clearly going to be doing the opposite to us and trying to physically dominated other clubs. Keeping Bannan was huge plus for them.

Thought they were a dodgy, skint and under FA,EFL sanction football club?

Oh well, magic'd away I suppose?
    The only player they've paid a fee for so far is Akin, a player we had an option to buy but concluded we didn't want.

Not sure they're under sanctions, but their owner has to give the EFL assurances about ability to fund them each season. During their last two years in the Championship, they lost around  £25m in each and were circa £125m in debt when relegated to L1.  Don't know about last season yet.
    Concluded we didn’t want OR didn’t want to pay the fee ? 
  • Options
    £50,000! Norwich obviously don't rate him that highly
  • Options
    if the fee was only 50k, id definitely have had him back
  • Options
    Not shedding many tears over missing out, certainly there's some sort of a player in there somewhere but not good enough consistently enough for me to see this as a huge loss for us.
  • Options
    I imagine there will be quite a few £100,000’s added onto that price should Sheffield Wednesday get promoted 
  • Options
    Hopefully this transfer will finally put to bed the irrational nonsense about him being any sort of sensible option for Charlton
    Wednesday's visit to the Valley in February will inevitably be AF's stand out performance of the whole season, because: ex-players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    personally I'd have liked to keep him, the whole lot of them were shite last year.

his first season he was superb
  • Options
    Started ok with us but last season he was awful. Glad he’s gone. 
  • Options
    3 years?
    So when Sheffield Wednesday get promoted this season he will in fact be a championship player.
  • Options
    Think Wednesday will be massively disappointed.

• Options
    I reckon Hoofball Wednesday will finish above tikka takka Barcelona  Swindon  Charlton 
  • Options
    Was poor last year, definitely needed a fresh start somewhere else
  • Options
    Yes a bad season last year but I think we might regret not signing him. His distribution was terrible but he made countless blocks to stop teams scoring last season. Wouldnt surprise me to see him playing top end championship in a couple of years
  • Options
    He kept making the same positional errors time and time again. There comes a point where you have to ask whether that is going to change.
  • Options
    He kept making the same positional errors time and time again. There comes a point where you have to ask whether that is going to change.
    A bit like Gilbey and taking chances :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My abiding memory will be of him hammering a simple pass down the line out of play and then proceeding to blast DJ for his own mistake. Fans in the away end then hurled a load of abuse for it.
  • Options
    A new team and manager might well prove good for his football skills progress, he seemed to have stagnated with us, so wish him the best of luck.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    A new team and manager might well prove good for his football skills progress, he seemed to have stagnated with us, so wish him the best of luck.
    Agreed. Only 23 so can still improve
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sad to hear, although not surprised after hearing that he left Milton Keynes on crutches - Hope for him that it's not as long as his first injury with us. 
  • Options
    A shame for Akin & Sheff W.
  • Options
    Sad for him, a nightmare for any player getting an injury so soon after joining a new club.
  • Options
    How are things going for Famewo? Used to be a funny blend of power, force and bit calamity. 
  • Options
    Played 27 this season in the Championship for Weds.  In those games Weds have lost 17; drawn 4 and won 6. So 22 points gained in those 27 games.
  • Options
    Of course all the defeats have been his fault.