Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Would hate to see Naby back, geezer is a calamity at the back.  
    Hard disagree. Has the exact skillset needed for the ball-playing LCB role. Doubt we'll get him though, so it's moot.
    You clearly do not watch the Quest Highlights show, he regularly gives the ball away, slices across his own box or towards his own goal and has a few OG's to his name as well. 

If top two is the aim next season Naby is not the answer.  
    I doubt you've watched many of the Huddersfield highlights and as I'm sure you are aware he hasn't featured much recently.

Just the usual lazy arguments...
    I watch all of the games from the Championship down to League Two so yes, I have watched all of the Huddersfield highlights shown this season. Not aware of how much he has played as I am not interested nor follow his progress.

However I recall seeing his erratic defending on the show along with hearing his name mentioned.

No lazy argument from me, I do not want him anywhere near our first team again.  
    So just a vague opinion then. ' you had been watching the highlights or had any real interest you'd probably be better informed.
    I HAVE been watching the highlights and considering Huddersfield like all other teams only get a few minutes of airtime Naby is mentioned far too much mainly due to his mistakes, not his outstanding football abilities.
  • Options
    Still miffed Sarr allowed Smith to out muscle and out jump him for that winner at the Den back in the Championship couple of seasons ago. 
    will never forgive him for that.

And he wasn't out jumped. He just stood there like the useless, brain dead lump he is.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, hope we sign Famewo. Decent player at this level.
  • Options
    Famewo will play at a higher level than Sarr ever will.
    I prefer Famewo to Naby, but Sarr has played in the Champions League.
  • Options
    point taken....I'll caveat that to 'in this country' 
  • Options
    Naby > Famewo

But only just. Two very different CB's. 
  • Options
    Still miffed Sarr allowed Smith to out muscle and out jump him for that winner at the Den back in the Championship couple of seasons ago. 
    will never forgive him for that.

And he wasn't out jumped. He just stood there like the useless, brain dead lump he is.
    I'm with you two on this, it was bloody unforgiveable and I was apoplectic with rage.
    Glad I am not the only one who carries an enduring grudge.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, hope we sign Famewo. Decent player at this level.
    Been hard this season as we’ve barely seen a settled back 4/5 the whole season. Seems to have one good performance, followed by a bad performance. Crying out for consistency in team selection (Non injury prone players) and individual performances don’t think we’ve seen the latter by Famewo.  

Personally hope we don’t sigh him.
  • Options
    Both defenders have a mistake in them but if you can affect the game at the other end of the pitch, you get some leeway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    From what I was told today we won’t be signing him, too many championship clubs in for him (yes really) for next season 
    A fresh start might be good for him
    and us, assuming we replace with the right player.
    He will pay in the champ next season and we’ll all ask where that player was this season 
    If that happens it will be further proof that the coaching isn't up to scratch. 
  • Options
    point taken....I'll caveat that to 'in this country' 
    Huddersfield are 4th in the Championship, so you see Famewo playing in the Prem? As a pure defender he has potential to, but he’ll need to improve on the ball, especially his passing. The higher you the more clubs tend to value composure and good distribution, he doesn’t offer either.

It’s one reason Konsa has done so well when many on here didn’t rate him because he wasn’t a typical big powerful CB dominating in the air.

One thing that helps Famewo is being left footed. It’s probably helped Fox have a career in the Championship.

It would be interesting to see Famewo as the middle CB, he’s more suited to that than the wider role where Clare on the opposite side looks much more comfortable when he gets the ball at his feet.
  • Options
    Am less keen on Famewo than I was last season. His aerial ability and distribution is quite disappointing.

Given it looks like we need yet another significant squad overhaul this summer, it's critical we reap more of a benefit from our loan signings. I know we have often had 2-3 in our starting 11 through the season but I couldn't help reflecting that on Saturday not one of our 6 loanees started. Would be great if next season we could manage to bring in some loan signings that really strengthen the team (e.g. along the lines of a Cullen or Bielik), rather than benchwarmers or indeed individuals often not strong enough to feature in a match day squad of 18.

• Options
    Does anyone know a little more about how our Loan to buy option with him works? 
    If it's true championship clubs are in for him, I assume they would have to match our transfer fee and then it will be down to the player?
    Or am I missing something here..
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Does anyone know a little more about how our Loan to buy option with him works? 
    If it's true championship clubs are in for him, I assume they would have to match our transfer fee and then it will be down to the player?
    Or am I missing something here..
    I'm guessing it's player power, we might match the agreed price etc but at the end of the day if a champ club do (and stick another nought on his salary) then he's only going one way..
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Famewo has gone backwards imo.  His passing is dreadful but his tendency to ball watch is what catches him out and only his pace makes up for it.  At a higher level and against faster strikers he’s got no chance
  • Options
    I think Famewo needs a "proper" center half along side him AND a full back outside him.  I might be misremembering but I feel like Famewo and Clare have both performed better in a back 3 when the natural full back has been on their side. 
  • Options
    Neither for me.  I want Pearce and Gunter to each be offered new 3 year deals and remain the centre back partnership of choice as we step up our attempt to blow the league out the water and achieve TS’ five year plan

“Whoooo ooooohhh ooohhh Addicks to Victory” 

“They hear the battle cry”

”Tonight it’s do or die” 
  • Options
    Signed for Sheff Wed on a permanent deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make or break for Akin I think
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Permanent deal for an undisclosed fee https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/owls-sign-akin-famewo/
  • Options
    Didn't realise Wednesday hadn't paid any fees in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Not surprised he's left Norwich on a permanent deal, hasnt shown enough Championship quality these last two years.
  • Options
    Am sure he'll manage to get Stockley sent off. That's probably a given!
  • Options
    Average player, thinks he’s better than he is.  Definitely not Championship quality 
  • Options
    Good enough for the prem apparently