Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo - sold to Sheff Wed by Norwich (p13)

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9qaksICbI

Akin Famewo's first Charlton interview (July 2021)

Well that was hugely enlightening. 100%
  • Options
    Akin keeps the game and talk simple. Seems a happy chap who really enjoyed his time here. 

100% :-)
  • Options
    clive said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9qaksICbI

Akin Famewo's first Charlton interview (July 2021)

Looks like he’s lost that extra pound or two he was carrying after his injury. High quality player at this level.
  • Options
    I recall being heavily mocked when I said I'd be ambivalent about signing Famewo due to his shoddy use of the ball. 

I wonder what the stats are on culpability for aimless hoofing to Stockley...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I recall being heavily mocked when I said I'd be ambivalent about signing Famewo due to his shoddy use of the ball. 

Him and Gunter love a hoof.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leuth said:

Famewo's pass success rate was 65% against Wycombe. Rare to see one that low for a central defender. For comparison, Lavelle's was 78%.

Edit - To be fair, Pearce's wasn't much better at 68%. Bad day for them both
  • Options
    He's not even good at hoofing imo
  • Options
    Leuth said:

agreed .. I wrote on another post that 'he is not all that' . and that is a mild criticism .. he's overweight, slow, his positioning is terrible and his passing is woeful .. it was posted (elsewhere on here that a condition of his loan from Norwich is that if fit, he plays in the first team .. IF that is so, and who knows whether or not it is, the sooner we send him back to Canary Land, the better .. in fact, send him back anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well overrated player. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

agreed .. I wrote on another post that 'he is not all that' . and that is a mild criticism .. he's overweight, slow, his positioning is terrible and his passing is woeful .. it was posted (elsewhere on here that a condition of his loan from Norwich is that if fit, he plays in the first team .. IF that is so, and who knows whether or not it is, the sooner we send him back to Canary Land, the better .. in fact, send him back anyway
    Wouldn't go that far. He's a decent enough defender. But his use of the ball is catastrophic and I'd certainly give him a game or two off. When Jason Pearce is a more progressive ball-playing option than you...
  • Options
    It wouldn't be Charltonlife if most aren't focusing on the negatives of each player while we kept a clean sheet against free scoring opposition. 

One thing I want to say about Famewo....how strong he is and an upper body strength few can match when seeing the ball out. 
  • Options
    A colossus at the back IMO.

If he's not signed permanently by the time the Cup match is played & Norwich refuse to let him play for us, I think many of his detractors will be eating their words.....
  • Options
    Good player in good form. I particularly love his rampaging forward runs with  the ball - not what the opposition expects.

If Naby Sarr did that certain people on here (@Leuth) would be creaming their knickers all over again!
  • Options
    I like him but he needs to stop shepherding it out when he’s no where near the byline, as one day he’s gonna get caught out.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

What a difference a real manager makes! 
  • Options
    he's not perfect but he's very very good 
  • Options
    Another player really benefitting from the JJ effect. A far more leaner, sharper, confident defender than the one I saw at Lincoln earlier in the season.

I'm not convinced that we can get him permanently in January as there has been no real material change of circumstances since we tried in the summer. Hope I'm wrong...
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Another player really benefitting from the JJ effect. A far more leaner, sharper, confident defender than the one I saw at Lincoln earlier in the season.

I'm not convinced that we can get him permanently in January as there has been no real material change of circumstances since we tried in the summer. Hope I'm wrong...
    We got him on loan with option to buy. Obviously I could be wrong, but my assumption is that it was a decision based on his fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm assuming the option has a set price so it looks like a bit of a no brainer.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kips said:

We got him on loan with option to buy. Obviously I could be wrong, but my assumption is that it was a decision based on his fitness.
    I thought that gallen said he tried to do a permanent deal last summer but there is an option to buy subject to certain agreements. My assumption is therefore that the division we are in, and norwich to a lesser extent, is perhaps key here. On that basis we are unlikely to see any movement until the end of the season.

But let's hope you are correct Dazzler as your assumption certainly makes it much more straight forwards.
  • Options
    Never thought we would get him back after last season. Thought he was easily Championship quality and thought he would be snapped up by a better team. 

Can’t see him wanting to play in league 1 again next season, as I think he miles to good for this division. Hope we can get promoted and keep him.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kips said:

I thought that gallen said he tried to do a permanent deal last summer but there is an option to buy subject to certain agreements. My assumption is therefore that the division we are in, and norwich to a lesser extent, is perhaps key here. On that basis we are unlikely to see any movement until the end of the season.

But let's hope you are correct Dazzler as your assumption certainly makes it much more straight forwards.
    But may just boil down to what the player wants and how he sees the next step in his career?

If he's happy here, feels he belongs and enjoying his football; if he's part of an upward curve and a team going places ...... then at just 23, he may feel Charlton right now is the best place for him.
  • Options
    Well overrated player. 
    Hmmm, I think somebody must have hacked in to my account a few months ago…..😬
  • Options
    Back to his best since Jackson took charge, much more like the player we saw last season. 
  • Options
    It would be amazing if we could get him signed up imo he would easily step up a league the bloke is class. 
  • Options
    Some parts of his play are way too good for this level

Other parts of his play aren't though, which is why we were able to get him back. A couple of time in the first half he was a bit casual and got caught out badly, but was much better in the second half
  • Options
    You can tell he likes it here. Would be great to keep esp being a leftie as a long term replacement for Skip.
  • Options
    Thought he had been dropped, then there was a rumour he had decided he won’t be staying. Jackson’s said he’s been ill.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6233698201bf9/jackos-addicks-ready-to-kick-on